Custom loot tables, the next evolution

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Umul, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Umul Augur

There's no reason why a raid can't Spin up an AOC, and simply through trigger phrase describe which loots or loot tables the raid is desiring. "We come seeking [magic]" , "We seek [armament] of the gods". "My pet needs the [new empowered minion focus]".

I think that is the next evolution for TLPs. Imagine every player never being disappointed and every player getting exactly what they want every time they play, through gameplay.

Long unlocks too, we should want time to play with our new toys in each expansion; to stand proudly beside Main bank and floss.
  2. AngryKing Elder

lol
    Duder likes this.
  3. Raytheon Augur

Or better yet, how about a building in each raid zone you can just ride up to, and order your specific raid loot from an NPC through a window. Such buildings could be easily marked with some sort of symbol on them, say, a pair of golden arcs or something. You could just ride up and hail some NPC like Assistant Crew Chief Ronald and choose from a list of top tier loot to be given to you for nearly no effort at all. Brilliant!
    Thewiz and Gnothappening like this.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

While I think Umul isn't serious, he is definitely expressing where a lot of the forum people want it to go. Right now some of them are sweating bullets that the one group/duoable mobs might no longer drop phase 4 time loot.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Try Ragefire, they have longest unlocks and are in the eras where you get raid currency and can buy your specific loot. Winning!
  6. Duder Augur

I think we should just do away with killing of mobs all together. Just walk up to the npc and request the item you want. Let's make live eq servers into EQemu dumpster trash too!
  7. Gnomie Denser than most

Isn't that how later expansions is with Raid Currency?
  8. Nolrog Augur

Why do we have to even raid at all. I should be able to go to the AOC and tell him what loot I want and he just gives it to me.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Triconix Augur

Maybe half way through the expansion, but you'll only get a single item in the first 3 months of raiding on live through currency. That's a lot of raiding.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Earlier currency eras are better. T2 VoA, T3 RoF are both pinatas.
  11. Triconix Augur

T3 ROF wasn't released until half way through the year (expansion launch in Nov, release in April). It only makes sense to give out more loot on a tier that was released so late.

I wasn't around for VOA so I cannot speak to that.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

Original release doesnt matter. I'm talking about TLPs, because this is the TLP forum.

Also, currency is scaled based on the number of events per tier. Tier 3 RoF only has 2 events, so they give lots of currency.
  13. Triconix Augur

Cool, story bro. TLP get benefits because they didn't exist then and Devs based everything around live shockingly. I'm explaining why T3 ROF can be seen as a loot pinata, but in reality it never really was for people that actually did the content in era.
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

McLootpinata's

Over 2 billion twink alts geared!
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And TLP's start with a lot more currency gain then a live server does. From my understanding they get 40 currency (or more) for each event while live servers started with 10 and jumped to 20 and 40 partway through the year.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

TLPs start with 20 and move up later.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...date-notes-april-15-2020.264908/#post-3892140
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Tweakfour17 likes this.
  18. Gremin Augur

If they are going to do custom loot then why not just make it so you can choose which loot you want..but for each piece you choose the mob gets a certain percent harder...
  19. Duder Augur

On a serious note, this sounds terrible and not fun. That is all.
  20. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I was under the impression tons of loot for no real effort was the point of Mischief in the first place? Is this not enough?
    Cheers from Mangler!