Struggling with my addiction.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LoLitsNeal, Jan 5, 2022.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Skirt the forum rules much?

ISB is not cheating. Learn more. Be less ignorant.
  2. Geko Elder

What forum rule are you referring to? I doubt anyone is setting up ISB for 2 accounts...
  3. LoLitsNeal Journeyman

Geko chill. I dont use or anything that runs macros for me.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Way back in the day when i was broke had like 10k pp i did the mechanical guardian mission in dragonscale hills. Clockworks drop alot of stuff and sell good to the merchants on most the stuff.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

IS Boxr is legal and has a fee.
  6. Geko Elder

So legal that you cant even spell it correctly on the forum :) - Odd that they have chosen to block those 2 program names from even being mentioned on the forums.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

So legal you can stream with it and not get suspended.
  8. Laronk Augur

How bout we keep this thread about helping players so that there are other people to play with.
  9. code-zero Augur

I was looking at my socials and hotbuttons and decided to point out a few things that maybe some people don't even realize.

Every hotbar can have 10 sets of 12 hot buttons

There are 11 hotbars available

that's 1320 individual hot buttons available

There's 10 pages of socials available with 12 socials on each page for the potential to have 120 different 5 line social macro's

Between abilities and combat abilities you have 6 +6 for 12 of those

If you've seen some of the videos of really high level characters they've got almost all of the hotbars up with clicks and macros for all abilities, AA's, discs and clickies.

The reason I went through all that was that I once had a conversation with a GM about what I as a Bard was doing. It was all just Bard stuff but someone thought it looked "hax". Just like people getting out of sorts over Magicians targeting their pet attacks. The game is simple enough that anyone should be able to do the basics in half an hour but there's enough character ability to write a book about each of them
  10. Yteran Lorekeeper

I'd argue ISB isn't legal, because the windows kernel can't actually support having more than one window focused at a time. Thus, it is impossible to send keystrokes simultaneously to more than one instance of EverQuest (due to the requirements of the client, whatever they may be - some software will accept background input without much trouble, and EverQuest is not one of those)...unless each instance is its own VM. (Because inside of a VM, EQ can be focused, while the VM itself is not focused.) The creator of ISB very likely has a green light from DBG to do whatever he's doing, but if you try to do it yourself on your own - expect a ban. Even if whatever it is you're doing has less functionality than [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].

As for what the OP should do now that he's level 75, let me be very clear. You have three options.

1. Buy some platinum with krono, to buy some CotF (if on FV) and/or TBM currency/equipment/augments (if not on FV) because the content you are up against is over tuned even for the equipment you get from doing the content.
    2. Make a friend (or friends) that will give you equipment and carry you through the content you are up against.
    3. Accept that EQ has been designed to be a massive bait and switch, and cut your losses now before the sunk cost fallacy kicks in.

There is no group game, my friend. Everything after level 105 (I'd argue much earlier now, with how all of the HAs and zones post TDS have been messed with) is tuned for raiders. If you don't intend to raid and aren't making raider friends, abandon all hope.

On the other hand, if you're playing because you enjoy the game and aren't concerned about steady or noticeable progress or the game being 'fair' or 'reasonable' in what it asks of you to obtain progress, then by all means. Keep playing.

Oh, I should probably add that there is one other possibility for ISB which doesn't include utilizing homemade VMs inside windows. It involves reading incoming packets and injecting, which is also a violation of the TOS. That would be the same thing that another [Unmentioned Third Party Software] does.
    Sadly, there is effectively zero enforcement when it comes to the "rules" although no matter who you are, you do it at your own risk. It's not a level playing field, though - some people are left alone to raid box (42+ characters) in ways that are impossible without automating, while others are slammed for three boxing with the same (or similar) software for key broadcasting while paying attention to three screens.
  11. Dharken Elder

The Serpent Spine expansion zones will go to the mid 70s, and the cash loot is quite abundant. From level 15+ animal fangs start going for 20-50pp each, There are spells dropping selling for 65-200pp each, TS mats are dropping and will sell well in /bar, and the mobs themselves drop decent cash.
    When you hit the high part of the 70s in to the 80s you will find that 70-80% of the mobs killed are dropping diamonds or a version of diamonds.

At 80, HoT gear will be dirt cheap and in a couple hours you can farm out a few hundred diamonds.
    Another tip is after you hit the "Spell Rune" levels, look at the rank 2 version in the bazaar. Many expansions will have them cheaper than the T1 version from a merchant.

Farming Gribbles missions at 75+ you will be able to access Ethernere Essence. Those move fairly well at a few hundred platinum each, plus those mobs drop diamond. The other trash loot is decent value as well.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I use ISB. Never been suspended. Never been banned. I also use ISB when I make videos of my gameplay to share with Darkpaw when I am reporting botters.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say they're fine with ISB.
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

Means nothing a guild streamed their ToL wins with Macaroni in full view.