Can't sell in Baz without All Access Account? What BS

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CatchB53, Jan 8, 2022.

1. CatchB53 New Member

First EQ kills the Trade Skill market by putting out easy to obtain armor and weapons. Now they don't allow you to sell unless you have an all access account?
    I understand that the company needs to bring in funds, but this is getting out of hand.

I play EQ primarily to do TS. I have been working for the last year to get to 350 in Trade Skills. I use my merchant to fund the cost of doing Trade Skills.

Other than getting to 350, there is really no great incentive any more to do TS. Now you want to charge me to use the Baz.

Sorry EQ, it looks like it is time to find another game. It is not like your the only game in town.
    ClassicEQGamer likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Um you have never been able to sell in baz without an all access account. Well, maybe in the first few years when the bazaar was made up of stalls. But All Access was needed for at least the last 17 years

If you are just noticing this then your right, might not be the game for you.

Just found this to help date it - Sepki was referencing which kind of accounts could go into offline trader - not trader accounts per se
    A Gold membership is required in order to set up a trader in the Bazaar. To trade offline, you also need a Gold membership and you must own the Rain of Fear expansion. I hope this helps!
    Sepki, Developer Jul 26, 2013
  3. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

So, if you could use a free account for a Bazaar mule, you don't think someone would create hundreds of these accounts and clog the Bazaar up with them?
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think it would be a fair request, to be able to sell at the bazaar and play at the same time, with a single all access account.

I want a mercenary/pet/familiar I can park in the bazaar that can handle my business, while Im out adventuring...:)

Or use the auction house system from WoW or something...
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

If you don't already have enough to sell for a Krono to fund a trading mule you're probably on the wrong side of the Krono equation anyway. Honestly, the time it takes to accumulate the junk to list/sell on the Bazaar for 2-3 million plat. is less than the time of working IRL to just buy a Krono & get that much plat.

Most worthwhile trading seems to be direct via Krono anyway, you're not missing much?.
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

Correct!

Everyone has always needed a subscription of some sort to sell in the Bazaar. It's never been a Free/Silver feature. The only caveat are the handful of people that had "exempt" status accounts (essentially free Gold status) for being current/former SOE employees or long time volunteer game guides, but that status started disappearing with the transition to the the AllAccess model because SOE wasn't going to give free access to all their MMO to former employees/volunteers.

I wonder if the OP was able to autogrant your AA until now, if that's the case they had all Access and didn't know it, and maybe it just lapsed :confused:

The only other thing I can think of is that they're memory is fuzzy and they're remembering selling via /barter.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im boycotting RMT stuff like Krono anyway. :p
    I was thinking more of midlevel rk2 spells, and tradeable drops that accumulate while I do old hunter achievements. Things that could revive the midlevel bazaar, and keeping the prices newbie friendly. :)
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

EQ went Free to play March 2012, therefore prior to that you needed a subscription. I'm pretty sure at no point between March 2012 and the quote you made from July 2013 did the bazaar become a F2P feature.
    Skuz, code-zero and Treage_Imminent like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You must have misunderstood or added conclusions that is not in my post. I did not indicate trader was ever available for F2P. I was giving the OP a timeline so they could see that what they think is a recent change but is not and never has been.

To show that one had to be All Access for many years prior I quoted a feature that is referencing when we were allowed to have offline traders in the baz which occurred with the ROF release.

Hence the "per se" in the sentence - not trader accounts per se - means not the trader but the offline feature
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  10. KermittheFroglok Augur

I don't know what server you're playing on but I feel like getting into a guild and letting lower lever players into a guild helps midlevel more.

The reality is it's a seller's market on many servers so people will charge what they want for stuff that's in demand. Newbies will always struggle against people with tons of resources juss looking to gear up their alts.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It was a while ago since I was mid-level, but I remember buying some cheap level 92 RoF gear in baz, which made everything easier. If you are not boxing, it can be tricky to gear up.
    While getting high-level guildies to help with specific nameds can be an option, I don't think it should be the only way. Making the bazaar accessible for non-boxers, would help the server economy.

There is already too much inflation for newbies imho. :(
  12. KermittheFroglok Augur

Yeah, I agree to some extent, you actually responded before I could edit/clarify my response.

I came back a little later than you but I agree it was easier back then. I agree making the bazaar usable to AllAccess players while playing would help reduce inflation by increasing the number of sellers in game. But from a revenue perspective DBG probably likes the way it works now because it forces traders to consume krono regularly which gets Krono out of circulation keeping their value up.

Although maybe DBG would consider giving player's trader NPCs as part of the merchants perk. I had a Lifetime Account sitting as a dedicated trader, so they'd benefit from getting money from me for that account again & I'd have one more box.
  13. Treage_Imminent Elder

Am I reading this right that you are saying that it is quicker to earn 2-3 million in the game than it is to work 2 hours at minimum wage? I can see a lucky drop once in a while I guess, but I've never been able to earn 1 million or more an hour.

And to answer the OP, it has always required a subscription to sell in the Bazaar. It's one of the few perks they use to get people to pay a sub fee.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I mean....quitting over the Bazaar feature? What else do you want for free? Should we provide you with weekly plat? Make sure your Overseer is done? Clean your armor while you sleep? :D

Brell forbid you should pony up some cash and subscribe to support a game you enjoy playing and show your support for the company that makes it possible.
  15. KermittheFroglok Augur

No that's what I said. I essentially said that if someone's playstyle doesn't already allow them to fund an account, then they should consider selling Krono if they're really worried about earning plat fast.

And to clarify, I'm not saying the Bazaar is a waste for most either. I view it as a perk for quicker plat., but people shouldn't view it as the only source of plat., especially later when the 2 million system limitation/cap in the bazaar comes into play.

Some people like to regularly buy Krono from me and they play nonstop so they more routinely accumulate the items needed to just fund their accounts. There was an entire thread that illustrates that a lot of hardcore hardcore players that are competitive endgame fund multiple accounts via. I'm no where near that these days but I don't mind sponsoring their playtime if it means I get more family time.

It comes down to personal preference & playstyle, but I don't understand why someone would choose to intentionally grind for plat. instead of spending time with their friends/family in IRL. To your point, at lower levels you end up working for absurdly less than minimum wage when you play to grind plat.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

If there were free to play baz mules that zone would be soooooo lagged out it would make the lag pile look like a hiccup.
    Yinla and Nennius like this.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Get a sub and feel free to use the Baz, or auction all day long. Your choice, but stop whining.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Riou EQResource

If free to play were allowed server trader slots you would run into the like 300? hard cap on traders up at a time since f2p would have no downsides to sell any junk you want to and clog up the bazaar

At that point it should be changed to an Auction House type system instead
  19. Treage_Imminent Elder

I read that Mischeif hit the hard cap of 1,000 the other day. I never knew it could go that high.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.