tol is a dissapointment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mblache, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Szilent Augur

4 threads all with the same participants throwing out baseless anecdotes

you raise a valid point, though. the people opening redundant ones DO demonstrate a lack of reading ability, so maybe there's some link.
  2. Tappin Augur

Or maybe you are just disingenuous and pushing what benefits you the most.
  3. Szilent Augur

Arbitrarily boosting grind exp would be more tilted toward more capable players than including heavy infusions of exp from quests & tasks & collects
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Every system benefits capable players more, what’s your point?

Tasks are group based. There’s not enough playerbase to sustain group progression for multiple years, let alone multiple months. Grinding is simple and always accessible. You want to still remain rewarding to someone just playing a for an hour. Pop lesson and feel progress.
  5. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Fundamentally I agree with you on this issue, as is evident by how many likes I have given you. I would not want this either, but was just throwing ideas out there. I am positive (mostly) that this is something that will never be done. Probably can't be done on the ancient system.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Thank you very much. As a rogue, It should be simple for me.
    Riou likes this.
  7. Scald New Member

But wouldn't these "Capable Players" all ready be level 120 if they are capable? If so, Then why are they worried about fixing the Experience per kill per mob?
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Thraine Augur

Yes, i was 120 like the 3rd or 4th day of the expansion. honestly i dont think its the system working out better for the "capable" players i think they are just more motivated to max out lvl/aas/etc and they likely have a group of people they can group with everyday to get this stuff done.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Sorry but we are not bad actors. We simply are asking for a exp grind rate similar to expansions prior to the last three.

Why exactly do you call us bad actors? What are we doing to harm you? Did we ask for mission exp to be nerfed? Nope. All we asked is for a return to how we have gained levels the last 19 out of 22 years. No nerfing anyone elses fun.

What are we "bad actors" trying to accomplish with returning exp grinding to how it was for most of EQs existence?

And if the rest of you level so fast why do you really care? Just to object to something?

I give to my EQ community in time and effort. For at least 8 years I was running multiple buff sessions for folks as RL is very turbulent right now I have had to stop. But I do a lot for the EQ community on Xegony. Bad actors? No we are apparently just people who have a different opinion to you.
    Treage_Imminent and Skuz like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Incorrect. And pretty much any recent expansion you pick before the change will have a much higher exp grind rate. Not sure where you are taking this.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Gorg00 Augur

I mean, unlike you I've actually recently leveled through all of EQs expansions in era. I'm not trying to remember what exp was like 20, 15, 10 years ago. In fact we had it better than these expansions would have had on live because we had increased player power compared to these expansions in live.

You've been spoiled by a handful of recent expansions, and you're failing to remember what leveling was like for the bulk of EQ's history. If you want it to be faster you can just say you want it to be faster, you don't have to misrepresent the previous speed of EQ's leveling curve or the difference in speed between questing or not. You can just be intellectually honest and admit you just want it faster because you just don't want to put in as much time to level as EQ has traditionally required, and that you liked the more recent expansions prior to ToV's leveling speed.
    Annastasya, Flatchy and Szilent like this.
  12. sieger Augur

100%, if you're just very casual and hate actually playing EQ, and want to be able to put in extremely low effort to hit max level by grinding (because you don't have the appropriate skill to box the simple missions / tasks or the social skills to find a group to do them), say that is what you want. It will let you rush back to standing in PoK AFK 23.5 hours a day faster, which is the real "meta" a lot of you casual players seem to want--you want to finish the current expansion fast so you can get busy not playing.

If this is what you want, say it, please stop (and this goes to the crew of 4-5 people non-stop posting multiple threads with lies) saying these things:

- You can't level by grinding (you can)
    - EXP from mobs was reduced (it wasn't)
    - You are "forced" to use Overseer (you aren't)
    - You are "forced" to P2Win to level (you aren't)
    - That the way it was for a few years in the late 105s and 110s was the norm for the previous 18 or 19 years (it wasn't)

Like seriously, we have people that have practiced 1-50 and 50-60 on TLP to an almost insane degree, with a power group and constant XP potions, and almost no sleep, they actually don't level faster than you can grind 115-120. What does that tell you? Remember that TLPs have a very accelerated XP rate versus "old in era" EQ, even the "slowest" speed TLP (Phinny XP speed) is faster than XP was in era, there is also a more significant group XP bonus in effect and better ZEMs generally. You can go onto a TLP now and find that many expansions level cap increase ranges are not significantly different for grinding than 115-120 is. The exception came with EoK and the couple of expansions after it, TDS which was the expansion that upped the level cap didn't have amazingly fast XP. In fact many people just kept doing CotF HAs to level in that era for a reason--and those were actually also very tedious and grindy much worse than the current level grind. Get a grip on reality. The claim that fast leveling via grinding was the "norm" for 19 years is absolutely false and anyone saying it can be disregarded.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

You are bad actors because either your memory is terrible and you are passing off your bad memory as fact or you are just straight up lying. Either way, what you are posting is wrong.
    Flatchy likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not based upon my own experience.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I've said it before and I'll say it again here: Why does the leveling experience need to be binary? Just make multiple viable (read: similar timescale) routes to leveling.
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  16. DeadRagarr Augur

But you don't get it! Playing missions.....I mean buying TA's = Fun and rewarding gameplay!
  17. FranktheBank Augur

Your own memory of your experience.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

I'm loving this expansion, though I hope they rethink/fix the excessive pull effect immunity that is obnoxiously in every single zone but Shadow Valley.

Bethesda used to mercilessly clamp down on duplicate thread nonsense. It was glorious, and contrary to people stomping their feet thinking their reply is just so very important to get its own topic, directing discussion into unified topics is not "silencing" anyone.
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

These threads are stupid enuff said. You dont like tol thats fine doesnt mean everyone else feels the same and if it really bugs you go play WoW.
  20. Nickalispicalis Journeyman

The game has changed so radically it scarcely resembles anything the original looked like. "Expansions" are little more than content patches, and only appeal to those at level cap. You will not see another player in the zone, because everyone is in their own instance. The experience nerf is par for the course.
    I think Daybreak is just targeting the diehards to keep them playing. There is no effort at all to try and entice previous customers to return to the game unless it is on a progression server. I think I am not alone in that I am player would played shortly after launch with a host of characters in the Level 80 - 103 range. Every so often, I come back to the game for a month or so. Daybreak has given me zero reason to buy their expansion. It will probably be two years before I see TOL, if at all.
    Would could they have done? How about raising the heroic character slot to 100 for those that purchase the expansion?
    Fenthen likes this.