Please remove Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eldur, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And if it wasn't for overseer they wouldn't have logged in at all, so you still wouldn't have got a group.

We have people working from home again here, so while they are logged in they cannot commit to groups, due to having to phonecalls, zoom, emails, etc. But they can accept task adds, do some tradeskilling and solo hunter in older zones, anything that they can drop at a moments notice.
    Varillian, Zunnoab, Wdor and 2 others like this.
  2. Tappin Augur

They are raiders, they would have logged in for a group, otherwise they would be benched if missing required level/temp AAs.
  3. Spliskin Journeyman

They can't eliminate Overseer. People have spent real life money buying Overseer agents and all hell would break lose if they eliminated it now. It is a profit center for DBG and keeps a lot of people subscribed as well. If they really want to make some money they need to let the xp/aa slider work on Overseer as well. One of the most discouraging things for people that come back is trying to catch up on the 10's of thousands of AA's that are NOT auto-granted in order to be viable in tougher zones.
    Yinla and Nennius like this.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

sunset vs. stop screwing groupers over. Tough choice for some I guess. I'm sure psych majors somewhere have used EQ to study why elites feel threatened by non-elites getting traction to enjoy a thing moreso than they had. /shrug
    Coagagin likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That's nice.

It's no secret these forums are a safe harbor for the pack mentality. Agree with me...OR ELSE! :p
  6. Stuffed48 New Member

This is all coming from a guy who boxes an entire group and groups with no-one in the guild.
    Spacemonkey555 and Schadenfreude like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just my opinion but.....

Overseer did not destroy grouping.
    Seeds of Destruction did not destroy grouping, the Mercenary system incorrectly gets blamed for groups not happening but this is total BS, Mercenaries are crap, an absolute last resort, anybody with half a brain takes a player over a Merc if they can actually find one of the right class interested in doing what they are doing.

Grouping was badly destroyed before that.

I think grouping was most badly wrecked by the mission structure of Depths of Darkhollow, which on the back of a disastrous Gates of Discord that had already lost EQ entire guilds and the launch of WoW which stole a ton of casual EQ players meant that prior to Dragons of Norrath EQ's population had shrunk by a very noticable degree on just about every live server.

Depths Quest system did not allow you to complete the quest arcs out of sequence, indeed it would not be until Underfoot's Achievement system that quest completion was fully tracked in a way that even allowed for that, though some other funky methods were used before hand.

Because in Depths you needed to complete that whole arc in a set order you needed a fixed clique / group to do the entire arc with or you got left stranded needing a few missions that it was often very difficult to get. I saw open channels filled with players who needed specific missions because they only had a part of the arc, I myself ended up running dozens upon dozens on missions I did not even need just for a chance at completing the ones I did for my DoDH abilities.

Levelling in ToL if you are already 115+ is likely fine, the problem only really exists if you are behind the curve, or you are a player returning to EQ after an absence of a few expansions or more.
    Therefore OP is fighting the wrong fight here.
  8. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

The op stated he’s maxed. He can’t find groups on his alts is I believe he was saying.
  9. Coagagin Guild house cat

All the OP argument and other similarly stated is that there is only "one true way" to play Everquest - my way. All other ways of enjoying the game are wrong and you need to abandon your play style for the one true way. My way.

All other can croak off and die like worthless Froglok-dogs that you are!

Hmmph!
    Shanarias, Varillian and code-zero like this.
  10. Triconix Augur

Maybe, just maybe, the problem isn't overseers. I'm seeing a constant variable in all your issues.
    Ozon, Act of Valor and Celephane like this.
  11. Rascal Half ELF New Member

If people don't like overseers, don't play it. It's a neat game if you follow the plots. It's a good alternative for people who can't play ever day, or have trouble committing to a multi hour group at times.
  12. Coagagin Guild house cat

Couldn't agree more, Yinla. WFH means I now get the 2-4 hours of commute time back to spend with my overseas friends in meetings at 2AM local and can troubleshoot problems throughout the day and still technically be "playing EQ" or at least do Teek's and tradeskill junk in between meetings.

I may look like I am in game but probably haven't moved in hours.
  13. Celephane Augur

Considering how you are on these forums, I'm sure they just don't want to group with you. I know I sure wouldn't.
    Act of Valor likes this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I've found I've had no end of groups who want me to join either tanking, healing, or dpsing.

Maybe the fact nobody wants to group with you is not due to overseer and probably due to some other issue.
    Celephane and Act of Valor like this.
  15. Tappin Augur

The new raids are available. Go have fun, I’m done.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

They're done too.
  17. Tappin Augur

Great, now you can go back to hibernation mode.