Please, someone explain to me why I can't level quick anymore?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aussieguy, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I know you’re joking but the correct command is /ex bonus LessonDevoted to activate LotD.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Dude I didn't know about that one! Thanks!!
  3. sieger Augur

Slow is a subjective term with no meaning. End of story.

If people are just admitting this is a crybaby thread then that's fine, but that certainly isn't how they present it, they present it as if they're objectively forced to do X, and they aren't. You also can't talk about the missions without the important context that you only get bonus XP for the first time you complete them--to the tune of something like 1.5 levels or so of XP. You actually cannot get to 120 from doing missions--you can get 1.5ish levels from missions, and never get that XP again.

The mission is a big infusion of bonus XP and should be seen as exactly that--a bonus for doing that content. They aren't mandatory. Something that can only give you 1.5 levels out of the 5 you need to get...is also intrinsically optional, right? Like if you had some way to get the other 3.5 levels just...do that way to finish out to 120 if you really don't want to do missions, nothing has been "forced."
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Leerah Augur

Short answer: Grouping and boxing will give you so little experience now that it's better to log off and let the Overseers run. I don't know why they wanted to kill the grinding game totally. I mean, I never liked grinding but think I ought to be able to earn 2% an hour.

Re. the new missions in new zones, you can't do them yourself. We don't have the gear and AAs it was designed for. The best you can hope for is a pity group.
  5. Leerah Augur

As for the people saying, "Gather a group," we need a word for "high population server privilege" because that is certainly the mind-set those posters have. Povar remains in the bottom of server population.

Those who can do the new expansion missions have already done them with their raid guilds. The House of Thule model, where people got the same experience for running the missions again was great. Heck, even redoing Old Man McKenzie gave good experience for all group members.
    Wdor likes this.
  6. Gorg00 Augur

If you're on a low pop server and that is negatively affecting your ability to progress in the very heavily group oriented game of EverQuest, I'd recommend saving up your 500 monthly dbc and transferring off.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Gorg00 Augur

The funny thing is that most of the characters that hit 120 the fastest on Bertox got there through grinding, not through questing. The very first two got there through a mix, and most of the rest of say, the top 10 got there through grinding. I think maybe 1 did not.

Grinding is "slow" though :rolleyes:
  8. Leerah Augur

When returning players come back, they are very happy to find out that unholy czars is still here. Almost 3,000 potentially could log on at any time.
  9. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Sounds like a fun girl! I would love to see the other drawing. If possible without going to Magelo.
    Flatchy likes this.
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

If you grinded a character to 115, you know exp is bad. You've known exp is bad. This post is pointless.
    Kazint and Nennius like this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

But, but, but, but saying it again and again and again and again has to bring change. Right?

:eek::eek::eek:
  12. dwish Augur

Obviously you need to make a 6-10 box group of 5-6 zerkers and outfit them all in raid gear so you can grind the 30-40% exp/hour while running marketplace pots. Then you too can say mob kill exp is fine. You aren't trying hard enough.
    Leerah likes this.
  13. Kazint Augur

I'm sure the same is true on FV but bots dont tend to complain about grinding for hours on end.
    Treage_Imminent and Leerah like this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

People crying about other people crying is the new longstanding forum meta, the hypocrisy never dawns on them.

If they actually hated crying as much as they profess to then they would avoid the threads with it rather than adding their own tears to the pool.
  15. Gorg00 Augur

Man, live players must be weak af if a 30 hour grind is something to be complaining about. Meanwhile TLP players do that almost every expansion launch.
    Laronk likes this.
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

As quick as slow belts got nerfed ^^
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

So, Live players have lives to live outside of a game? It is just a game after all.
  18. Gorg00 Augur

A game you can't spend 30 hours on once a year?
  19. Kazint Augur

There's a reason why sane people generally don't play TLP. Not to mention that the vast majority of banned software use is by the TLP community. They're not a group you should holding up as a good example of anything.
    Sancus, code-zero and Nennius like this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

What you wrote was, "Man, live players must be weak af if a 30 hour grind is something to be complaining about. Meanwhile TLP players do that almost every expansion launch."

I am saying that a 30 hour grind is not only unhealthy, but foolish. It is just a game. You seem to be suggesting a form of obsession that is grossly unwise and plays heavily into a belief that some gamers are suffering from a sort of mental illness. And, if you are right that TLPers do regularly demonstrate such an unhealthy fixation on this game it gives me yet another reason to avoid the TLP servers.
    Cicelee, Leerah and Kazint like this.