Shei Vinitras - Mezing datiar add changed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Windance Augur

Anyone else noticed the datiar adds acting differently after the patch last night?

Bard had been fairly success using AE mez to make them poof. Tried it multiple times today and just not working.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Never tried ae mez. Seems like the 30 second recast would be a problem.
    Szilent likes this.
  3. Windance Augur

I think it was just me. Third time everything seemed normal.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Works great on a hard burn strat. They take a moment before they activate and several can pop at the same time and be killed before they activate. As an ENC, I don't have the same concerns for recast delay as a bard, so I don't know about bards, but I use my PBAE mez and my Splash mez.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There wasn't a patch last night. Only a new client was pushed out. That wouldn't affect something like the mission. They COULD put out something that affects instances if they wanted to, but I believe that takes a repop of the zone the instance runs in (the static zone as well).
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I use the PBAE bard mez when we do this as a hard burn. If I feel that we're going slower, I'll pop a couple with single mezzes while my PBAE one is still refreshing, but the PB one usually covers it on decent burns.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If your burn is >5M DPS the Bard AE mez works fine. Hope your tank is sturdy and attentive.
  8. Axxius Augur

Those adds have a peculiar mechanic:
    - they are immune to root, mez, charm, and they give an immunity message;
    - their script reacts to root, mez, charm spells landing on them, and makes them poof;
    - they have average trash mob resists, and resisted cc spells do not trigger their script.

Check your log for resist messages. There is plenty of time to debuff them if you want to be sure they poof. Or use spells with stronger resist checks. For example, an older rk3 mez (-40 resist check) should work a lot better than the current expansion's rk1 (-10 resist check). Since you are not actually mezzing them, you just need to land the spell.
    Syylke_EMarr and Windance like this.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

I tab over to them, root with Paladin AA, tab back to Shei.
    The problem is I get her HP to lock @ 2% and still have 4 or 5 more dati mobs to spawn. One of my buddies said he did the event in 57-something seconds, think he used a ranger for vinelash (or whatever the AE root is).

The mobs do need to spawn a lot faster, or just not at all once she gets to 2%. Make it every 6 seconds, and not be so delayed that we're whacking on an invulnerable mob to pass the time.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

What I want to know is why we dont get credit in our parse!!!