Darkpaw vs Daybreak

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dandamek, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Dandamek Lorekeeper

Can someone explain to me the difference between Darkpaw Studios and Daybreak Games? Are both companies responsible for the operation of Everquest or one more so than the other?
  2. Tucoh Augur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daybreak_Game_Company

Following from the October 2019 round of layoffs, Daybreak announced in January 2020 that it would reorganize its internal structure to form three divisions: Dimensional Ink Games, Darkpaw Games, and Rogue Planet Games. Dimensional Ink became responsible for ongoing maintenance of DC Universe Online while working on a new MMO, Darkpaw to focus on the EverQuest franchise, and Rogue Planet to focus on PlanetSide 2.[38]
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think I read somewhere(but Im not sure), that profits earned by Darkpaw stays with Darkpaw, rather than being used on other projects from daybreak.
    Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

...........Daybreak......
    | ...............................|
    Darkpaw............. DCU / H1Z1 / Planetside
    |
    EQ
    Jumbur likes this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats in theory, but corps do have ways to circumvent it.
  6. Dandamek Lorekeeper

So Daybreak is a game company owned by Colombus Nova, a Russian Investment Company. So basically the Russians are running Daybreak and Everquest, no wonder the gameplay is shoddy.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

8. Dandamek Lorekeeper

9. Dandamek Lorekeeper

10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That article is from 2015, your info is not up to date. :)
    Andarriel, minimind and Paladin like this.
  11. Dandamek Lorekeeper

You're right, Daybreak is owned by the Swedes now.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If EQ ever goes chinese i quit! haha
    Herf likes this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm If I can get decent eggroll...
    Aumnaydar likes this.
  14. Zunnoab Augur

This reminds me of a really random incident in a raid years ago. Someone in the raid found out about the Russian investor (or whatever) thing and were like "What?!" They then rage logged and to my knowledge never appeared again. It was a really random disproportionately strong reaction.
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

Click the little white icon on the top left of your reply formatting. It is an eraser and will reset your text formatting.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  16. Iven the Lunatic

Darkpaw Studios is a part of Daybreak Game Company.

The hierarchy:
    People who own the private central banks > Private central banks (create fiat money with credits) > Banks (create fiat money with credits) > Capital shareholders (investing fiat money from banks) > EG7 > Daybreak Game Company > Darkpaw (brand name) / Darkpaw Studios > EverQuest (brand name) / EverQuest (product)
  17. Bobokin Augur

Oh great! The Illuminati actually own Everquest!
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Iven the Lunatic

What does make you think so ?
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

It is very illuminating.
    Bobokin likes this.
  20. jeskola pheerie

Didn't they give the swedish guy the boot already and replace him with one of the Daybreak guys who came from Columbus Nova? The Russians took over that swedish company with ease.