Why is Experience so bad?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scald, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Scald New Member

No, the experience from killing mobs is bad for everyone as can be seen by people responding on this forum. If you cannot see all the complaints then that is on you, not the complaintees
  2. Scald New Member

Missions give currency. Apologies if you cannot figure out what was meant by what i said. I try to keep everything as simple as possible but because you fail to understand i guess i didn't
  3. Scald New Member

Level 51 was what? 17 years ago? Have you not heard about this thing called change? I cannot believe people try making arguments about content that is more than 15 years old. Pretty sad argument.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hahahahahahaha
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It's called "fake difficulty"... new normal in EQ.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Don’t look up.
  7. sieger Augur

Exp for killing is absolutely fine, the only people complaining are individuals who think you should be able to solo/molo to max level in 3-4 hours, people who think killing 5 mobs in a half hour is an appropriate kill speed to hit max level in a few days or etc. People that build good groups (box or with real humans) and kill at appropriate speeds have zero issue grinding to 120, it is fast and easy.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No Tappin isn't everyone. But there are a lot more of us out there :)
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL you have never been married with kids obviously :)
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL not even close. And when most talk of quests they talk about them and missions they use the terms interchangeably. And when they talk large exp gains they are talking missions.

And yes you can level hundreds of times faster on missions then grinding.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Nope. You are just outright lying here. Most folks who are complaining about exp do not think you should be able to solo molo in 3 to 4 hours. I mean its not even close just a plain lie.

What you meant to say is that for YOU the exp grind rate is fine. I can agree with that. The rest is silly.
    Eldur and Skuz like this.
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

They’re FoH people, what do you expect?
  13. Gorg00 Augur

I'm married with a kid, the idea that I couldn't spend 5 minutes to do something for a personal hobby of mine is crazy. Then again my wife and I work together as a team and encourage each other to be able to do things we enjoy.

I mean words have meanings, so if you're using words interchangeably in a way that makes your message confusing for the reader, that's on you. In any case, the missions only get you through 1.5ish levels, so not doing them adds 10-15 hours to the grind. Given how easy the missions are this time around, it seems silly to avoid doing them, but still totally doable.

It's also entirely a lie that you can level "hundreds of times faster on missions than grinding". It takes my somewhat optimized group about an hour and change to run through all of the missions (longer on your first run of them of course, but for the sake of argument and easy math, let's say 1.5 hours). That means for the 150% of a level that you can get from doing missions the first time, you can level 10x faster. However,when you put that in the context of the overall leveling time, it's only 1.5x as fast, so not even twice, a 50% increase.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

Obviously you have never been in an encouraging relationship. The idea that you can't have any time for yourself... then how are you on the forums? If you can't have 15min to yourself to your hobby, you should probably not be married. Does your wife not get any time for her own hobbies either?

How can you make such absolutely insanely incorrect statements?
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Plenty of married people with full time jobs, spouses, and kids manage to figure it out though.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Time to myself? HOw could I play EQ if I didn't Just NEVER had time in mornings getting kid ready for school.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its possible some life commitments may not allow enough time to play an mmorpg. Thats ok.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

What's it take to get from 115-120 now grinding? 40 hours? That's definitely longer than it took me to grind levels out in the past.

It's not hard for me to do /ach and see that I grinded from 100 to 105 in 5 days knowing full well I didn't play 9 hours a day because between the routine of getting ready for work, the daily commute, and working, almost 13 hours of my day was gone. Obviously I slept during the night and I always went to bed by midnight to wake up at 5:30am. I left my house by 6:15 the latest and got home between 6-7pm each day. That leaves me a maximum of 5 hours grinding a day x 5 or 25 total hours, and I'm not considering the time it took me to cook, eat, daily errands like picking up groceries, laundry, etc. And back in 2014 I was single so I didn't have to worry about spending time with my wife.

But yes, my memory is obviously failing me when I had been on the same exact schedule for almost 7 years prior to COVID.

I'm glad that I don't have to grind anymore. It makes it an easier choice now that exp is much slower. I completed all the partisans/mercs in 5 of the 7 zones just boxing my very under appreciated sham in under 20 hours total over the course of a month. That's about all I get to devout to live these days. I devout roughly the same time on TLP. 40-60 hours a month or 10-15 hours a week normally between the two.

A person with any semblance of good planning would have been 120 in no time.10x banked level 5 easy research rewards gets you 18% at the minimum, not including critical successes. If you spent even more time planning, you would've banked only crit wins or uncommon/rare wins. So that will tally you 20-50% of a level. You log in with 5 completed research tasks waiting to collect reward on. There's another 9-20% exp. Within 30 seconds you're potentially near an entire level done. Do missions with your guild/friends. Less than 1 hour and you're over another entire level done and most likely 118. Do quests with that same crew and knock everything out within 10 hours. You're 120 within 15 hours time. Not a single minute needed to grind. And if you want to use your free 6k DBG coins you get per year, auto finish more overseer tasks for even more exp (10-20% per day).
    Kazint likes this.
  19. Soulblaze Journeyman

"

"I don't like what other people do so nerf them and give me stuff" - classic EQ player response.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Pretty simple premise here. Do stuff. Get XP. Profit.

We have 11 months until the next expansion drops. Wipe the hate froth from your mouths and get out there and play.
    Nennius likes this.