Please remove Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eldur, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I am certain they are, based on the number of new accounts start threads on any issue that is already well documented. They get caught in the crushing grip of logic on one account, then move to another in the deluded way of thinking more posts will change things.
  2. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I not only use it for XP, I also claim tons of TS supplies to feed my addictions, and to remain a hopeless hoarder.
    Yinla, Aanuvane, Jumbur and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Overseer is also easy statfood if you are not too picky about having the best.

Kunark Meatpies and Primordial Plasma Smoothies, is pretty much just a shopping trip to PoK with overseer. :)
    Yinla, Velisaris_MS and Wdor like this.
  4. Kolani Augur

Fippy has been incapacitated for over a month now.
  5. Gialana Augur

A new client was hotfixed yesterday. If you haven't already, run the patcher to download the new client, log in, and open the Overseers window. You should get a message that Fippy successfully recovered as well as any other agents who have been missing longer than their original incapacitation timers.
  6. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

So what your saying is the problem is the game design that prevents yourself and others like you from gaining substantial exp in solo play? Not to be far removed from the category of this type of player base as I have found ways to solo/molo the new content with great patients. The issue isn’t with overseer. The issue is with how exp is granted now.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Or you could fix the garbage task system. Also you could fix the abysmal exp levels gained from regular grinding. However we have seen where these requests have gone for the last three expansions.... straight into the circular file drawer.
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Actually the comment about "enclosed groups or social circles" is spot on. EQ is very much that way now. Those closed groups have rules about "outsiders" trying to get back into the game. It's not a good situation for folks re-entering the fray in EQ after a break, you know...after RL hands you what it hands you.
  9. sieger Augur

No one is being forced to do anything.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Tappin Augur

They are indeed being punished for choosing a traditional means to level their character.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I agree with you. It's not just EQ. Unfortunately, 2022 is not 1999. In general, I think people are more weary of social interaction (from benign insecurity reasons to the malicious past experience). A sociologist or psychologist could write an entire dissertation on the phenomenon.

Overseer is a supportive, adaptive tool to counteract the effects of changes to the game.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

It is withholding just like in RL (money, wares, living space, security, etc.) and a tool of power. In a game this is morally as the game is the property of its owner. In RL it is immoral, corrupt.and a legal crime.
  13. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Actually, the Devs current course of dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks design decisions is killing groups. And the lack of class balancing. And the lag/server problems. Don't blame anybody for not sticking around at this point. I'm about ready to walk away again myself.

Examples of bad design decisions: Low mob kill exp, T2 gear requiring max level (why not 117/118 or something?), no group currency from QUESTS (Missons are not quests), lack of actually decent catch up mechanics for the returning/new players (too much reliance on the PLAYER community for this).

It doesn't matter if anyone agrees or not on any of these points, the proof is in the pudding (aka server populations, forum complaint threads, etc). Darkpaw has a lot of work to do. If they choose to not do the work, or are not given time by management to do so, then it is what it is.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I bolded a phrase on purpose. I disdain the acceptance on the part of too many that players can "just go online to get information" on progress quests, etc. An epic quest walkthrough was one thing back in the day, but a 1-800-c00l-dudez tip line for which rock to stand behind on a TBL progression quest tells you that the fake difficulty "had entered the building" in EQ.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

At this point just sunset the game. You lot would complain about ANYTHING, and you do. This thread proves it.

Give everyone the year, then shut it all down. Keep the forums open so the subfusc pith lives on in memoriam ad nauseum.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You cannot blame overseer on players not getting groups.

I'm seeing the same players logging in all the time and grouping (proberbly doing overseer too), while those who logged in less in the past are logging in more just to do overseer and sometimes stick around if there is a group going. Sometimes in those 10 - 15 minutes doing overseer they arrange a group for later if they are on lunch breaks and have to get back to work.

Going into new raids at the weekend, we have more players at max level this year than any other year.
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

SIMPLE EQ FORMULA

Grinding killing mobs= AA
    Merc tasks, partisan tasks, and Hero (character progression) = LEVELS
    Overseer= Bonus they gave you to put wherever you want

Your welcome, quit overthinking it
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i use for tradeskills, collections and xp so i can use the new luck equipment. I wish they fix research though half the time i can claim CoV as a reward half the time i cant kinda annoying but least i got all my agents back woohoo!
    Wdor likes this.
  19. Tappin Augur

I can absolutely blame overseers for lack of groups. For when I am looking for DPS to do missions (have tank/cleric), when I give DPS a tell, I often a response similar “… Nope just logged on for overseers…” However, I guarantee that same person will accept task adds. This whole new setup incentivizes people to play the least amount of EQ possible.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Serves him right for the 20+ years of charging the gates... Qeynos guards probably got tired of it, decided to tie him up instead.
    Shanarias likes this.