Please remove Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eldur, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Moege Augur

You don't need a subscription for overseer. f2p gets 3 quest silver gets 5
    Wdor and CatsPaws like this.
  2. Tappin Augur

Overseers doesn’t really help returning players catch up - it’s largely one of the reasons that most stop logging in from my experiences. The players I helped completely ignored until 110 ish, then once in ToV asked about it and stopped logging in. Again, from my experience, most people catch up by binging on content and it’s much harder to ToV forward - lack of people willing to any progression and the exp is slow.
  3. sieger Augur

"Largely one of the reasons most stop logging in" is Overseer? Please. This is like actual trolling and should be deleted / ignored.
    Coagagin, Yinla and CatsPaws like this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

5. Tappin Augur

I meant the new level scam err scheme that DP is pushing. They don’t like the progression + overseers approach. The players I helped don’t like spending their whole play session looking for people to do the progression with and don’t want logon for just overseers. I don’t blame them.
    Eldur likes this.
  6. DeadRagarr Augur

I can't wait for "Overseer Expansion slots" to be sold for 20.00 USD. 2022 is said to have "ambitious" plans and maybe, just, maybe, the 64 bit client will make this a reality.

Just think! You can buy up to 50 quest slots!
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The 2 reasons new and returning players quit logging in are apathy and entitlement. 2 things that don't work well in this game. Nothing to do with OS - heck half the new players I work with have no interest in it or don't even know about it.

Leave the Overseer alone, it is what it is and some folk use it and some don't.

Once again the game is not about any certain person and what they want but is about all of us.
    Coagagin and Wdor like this.
  8. xcitng Augur

9. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

I wish Mercenary & Partisan tasks gave out small amounts of group currency when completed. That would provide a reason to grind away at these tasks over and over and over. Right now, there's hardly a reason to repeat doing them.
    Coagagin, Jumbur, Laronk and 3 others like this.
  10. Laronk Augur

If people enjoy grinding they can still grind, if they don’t enjoy grinding they’re not quitting because there’s other options. People still mostly need to grind mobs for aa and gear and augs.
  11. Windance Augur

IMHO overseer was a stop gap addition to address the huge XP requirements for 110+ so if/when it gets nerfed they really need to rebalance things:

1 - Increase the XP gained at higher level when fighting in era expansions.
    2 - Make it so the partisan / merc quests are worth repeating. Give coin/XP/AA for each time you complete them.
  12. Iven Antonius Bayle

This seems to be one of the reasons as it may require less dev time than creating new hotzone quests and to define new hotzones and the proper augs with each new expansion. But the daily tasks are also very problematic for the group game as they usually can be done solo and now players can do both Overseer and daily tasks where either can grant a great exp boost for only a small time and work investment. The game concept that is totally centered on selling new expansions is that derailed that the producers are showering the players more and more with basically free helicopter experience only to be able to sell new expansions which are bound tightly to All Access and its prestige items. This is the core problem. As if this isn't bad enough, players now expect to get everything for free and that gifts will be stuffed directly into their lazy and greedy crocodile mouths and do not want to work for experience and anything else and have forgotten that EQ is a multiplayer game. Free stuff is not worth anything ! Ingame and in RL.
    Eldur likes this.
  13. Eldur New Member

This.

Too bad DBG sacrificed the point of playing the game while trying to sell it. Or, more precisely, they are trying to sell additional stuff, thus funneling people into Overseer/forced quests. To do so they had to remove most of the fun parts of the game. And now look at the responses in this thread, people started to think it would be a good idea to turn EQ in a worse copy of WoW/FF14 with daily chores and a mandatory quest funnel, instead of free choices what and where and with whom to hunt - when everyone here clearly has opted against playing those games...

Maybe DBG should start to research what made EQ so successful before changing core systems, that clearly drive people away with their indirect implications on other systems.
  14. Eldur New Member

Nah, Tappin is absolutely right! They are not quitting because of Overseer or progression quests, but because they are forced to use it, ideally by buying levels with cash.
    Let me ask you this: Would you pay to play Overseer? In fact, you are paying to bypass a problem (huge amount of exp per level required) that DBG artifically created (by reducing the amount of exp per hitpoint of mobs), so that they can sell you the solution in the shop (you get 5 Overseer quests for free, and another 5 you shall buy). This is predatory F2P 101 in a subscription based game.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Why do a few people insist on spreading this Pay-to-Win misinformation? You can perfectly utilize all 10 daily quests FOR FREE.
    code-zero, Yinla, Wdor and 1 other person like this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

And many of us do.
    Coagagin, Yinla, Wdor and 1 other person like this.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

This is true but, considering overseer is giving me experience, that makes up my deaths in a daily raid, I offer you my example of my thoughts on this topic via a video:

As it has been said, there are 'experience is so bad' threads already. Don't bring up Overseer as it serves a purpose.
    Note* I do pay to speed up 5 overseer missions each time now.. That I self educated I can do 10 a time this way.... And for other threads, yes this is a pay to play feature as well.. which we could argue if yuo wish to turn this thread into overseer and pay to play.

oN That ToPiC.. perhaps experience is so bad because DB wants you to pay to play with there other 'feature' recently input into the game to raise your monthly fee.
  18. Laronk Augur

I think this would be great (they should also give experience on repeat as well) it makes it easier for randoms to get these done as more people would be doing them as well.
  19. Tucoh Augur

They need to create an overseer android/ios app and then make it actually p2w so they can generate revenue from it.

Overseer, as it stands now, is probably bad for the game because it's just a daily gerbil pellet dispenser with zero gameplay. I don't mind that it's in the game and used it to get a boost while leveling, but it diminishes the rest of the game which does have good gameplay.
    Eldur likes this.
  20. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I could live with this as long as it's optional and not automatic.