Blood-Soaked Drop Rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braveheart, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Braveheart Augur

If the drop rate is 1%, and it takes aprox 20k mobs to get to lvl 120, how can someone go that whole time w/o ever seeing a drop?

Seems to me the drop rate is more like 0.0001% drop rate.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Every evening several pieces of Blood-Soaked stuff are for sale on Bristlebane. Someone is getting it to drop. I just wish it was me.
  3. Tual Augur

I've gotten 2 pieces of Blood-soaked, it took me until October to get an Ice-encrusted piece, so based on my anecdotal evidence drops are more common in ToL.
    Wdor and Fenthen like this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Who says the drop rate is 1%?
    Szilent and Sancus like this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Because statistics don't mean 1% will drop within 20k samples, it only means every sample has a 1% chance to drop.
    Wdor likes this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea its like trying to spawn GoldenTalon!
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Wait, did someone actually level to 120 purely on kills?
    Coagagin, KarmaKitty and Fenthen like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Tappin's disproven. It's possible to grind and level.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I play a LOT. I've gotten 3 drops since they started doing these ultra rares back in CoTF. It's 1 in 10000 to get one, not 1%. It's simply RNG to get them. You either get lucky or you don't.
    Wdor, Tour, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  10. Braveheart Augur

I have 2 alts. Granted at this point my main is 120. Did some mass killing pulling 4-6 mobs at a time and 5-10 sec kill time per mob.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is previous expansion raid gear. It's meant to be extremely rare. "If you want guaranteed raid gear, you need to raid." Personally, I am no longer enamored by global chase loot (as they quickly go obsolete in 1-2 years) and think they should only be worth 3-5 Krono (with the exception of the pet earring).
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Well if you were able to level to 120 in less than a month on kills alone that kind of shows that xp isnt as bad as people claim, right?
    Wdor likes this.
  13. Elysania Journeyman

Think I'm about 14-15 BS drops so far. 4 today alone.
  14. Slasher Augur

If its the same drop rate as previous expansion ones its not 1 in 20k its 1 in 4,444 or around that.

You ALWAYS notice more during this time though because more people are playing and killing in the current expansion it happens everytime.
  15. Slasher Augur

Ya how many groups you botting to get that :rolleyes:
    demi, Coagagin, bootman and 3 others like this.
  16. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Like flipping a coin. Chances are 50/50 no matter how many times you flip it.
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Slasher Augur

True for any single kill. Your odds don't go up each kill but game wide they should be dropping 1/4500 ish.
    Wdor likes this.
  18. Rahsham New Member

I have been lucky with these it seems.
  19. Filter Augur

0 in 2000 mobs I've killed. Roughly 75 mobs per night and played 25 days.
  20. Micker Augur

This is why I play on FV. You can get an EM28 ear for almost nothing. Makes the game a million times more fun for me. Would not be playing if it wasn't for that server. If I had time to raid(glad I don't lol), I would probably play on another server, but as a casual, can't beat it. Group gear is for suckers ;) .