[Request/Suggestion] 25th Anniversary of EQ - March 2024

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes I know it is a few years away, but.....these things take time.

A number of expansion in the past have had zones shelved, it would be nice to have some of these added perminantlty for the 25th anniversary. We have already had Plane of War and Gnome Memorial Mountains added in recent years.

The main one which comes to mind is Rain of Fear - time we learned where that final portal goes to in Shards Landing. :D

I'm pretty sure there was another zone
    near Bightfire Moor in TSS
    near Old Commonlands/Bloody Kithcor in SOD
    I'm sure there were others but my mind is hazy

These additional zones could be handled in a number of ways. Add them at different levels, something for those at max level and something to ease the levelling from 70 - 100 (with the correct itemisation). They could even be added to TLP servers if the itemisation is done correctly and the gear is not over powered (TLP have been asking for new stuff for years).

The other way to do it is to add those zones with multi level choices. You click the portal, stone, whatever to zone in and it asks which level you would like, once a player has clicked the whole group goes to that level with no choice.

We have a little over 2 years to make the 25th anniversary something special for everyone.

I'm sure others have ideas of their own for the next big anniversary.
  2. Paladin Augur

100% on the Shard's Portal.

Not sure I recall any mystery non-zone-line in TSS -- you say 'near Blightfire,' so do you mean it's in Crescent Reach?

Don't recall the one in Bloody Kithicor either.

Could these be instance zone entrances? Or the one near Blightfire be what is now the entrance to Bixie?

Anyway -- don't forget the mysterious dead end in Nexus (past the PoK book, on map).
  3. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Loruella, Home of the Ondine
    Coagagin and Duder like this.
  4. Paladin Augur

On another note, they really missed the boat on the 20th Anniversary in my opinion, with so many "20" themes they could have played with.

Rip Van Winkle, 20,000 leagues under the sea, 20-20 Hindsight and on and on.

For the 25th, it would be great if they ran with Quests / Missions / Raids that played on 25 themes. Maybe even add 25 total quests / raids / missions as well!

In the Year 2525 (song); Top 25 (like College Football or charts... wouldn't it be cool if there was some solo Arena challenge where you would be ranked against all others who do it?); Manganese (element 25); 25-man roster (like the minimum for MLB team); a Quarter (as in 1/4, 25-cents...); Pachisi (a Board game that translates as 25); XXV (self-evident); Silver (25th Anniversary metal); Pony (British slang for 25); 5 x 5 (math play).....
  5. Sobmre Augur

it will probably be some crap ornament reward for some amazon prime delivery/fetch quest.

think about this....... alot of our toons are probably older then the some of the people working on everquest.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Tuco's idea on increasing subscription-rates between expansion releases while leveraging the huge wealth of old zones most haven't seen in years or ever:
    1. Streamline Hardcore Heritage process such that there is a reduced cost for creating new HH zones. No need for all-new loot tables, new spells etc. Just copy-paste latest expansion stats, spells, gear on the mobs with maybe a few new items (<10) with the same lore / special function like Darkened Journeyman's Walking Stick.
    2. Design a spectrum of difficulty where some of the zone is easier than latest expansion, some is the same difficulty and some is harder. The respawn rates should also be modern instead of slow AF like HH Seb.
    3. Create a new Hunter achievement category for each new HH zone.
    4. Create a new type3 aug that evolves based on how many Hardcore Heritage Hunter achievements you've completed. After evolving a few times it will represent a substantial boost in stats on the order of the Artisan's Prize when it came out.
    5. Make the HH zones only available for a single month (and then return next year for the same month)
    6. Create ~3 HH zones a year and release them during the months with the lowest subscription rates.
    7. Make it such that you need to be actually present for a kill to get Hunter credit (sorry Hunter raids)
    8. (Optional) require an active sub to participate in the HH zone.
    Result: People like me that only sub during expansion releases and maybe during anniversary will now be motivated to re-sub throughout the year if they want to get that sweet, sweet aug.
    Coagagin and Duder like this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Shards Landing portal goes to...... Jaggedpine Forest!
    HAHA
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

20th anniversary was a disapointement, I'm hoping if we start giving them ideas early enough they can get something decent sorted for the next big mile stone. :)

The last one I think that had a decent theme was 13th. I loved all 13 quests with a reflection on luck both good and bad.
  9. Riou EQResource

We already know where the final portal in Shards Landing leads to, it was a canceled zone that the layout was shaped like the top of a Muffin that didn't work out

Absor shared this like during RoF or CotF in an interview around EQ's anniversary at the time iirc
  10. Talif Augur

Weren't there a few Stormhammer (that $20 extra/mo server) exclusive zones? Though I'm maybe remembering they eventually introduced them to Live...
  11. DeadRagarr Augur

Maurders Mire or something like that. I think they said there isn't much data on it though.
  12. Duder Augur

Hardcore heritage zones are always fantastic. Loved the idea. I really wish they would continue the theme with them and like they did in HH Sebilis, even create a modern raid for it with great loot. I love HH trak and the loot was super fun.
    Ozon and Coagagin like this.
  13. Merika Journeyman

It'll be new heroics since we can't even group with the current ones, and an updated miragul (thats about to be on live and was pretty unpopular) with the new heroics.