Please remove Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eldur, Jan 4, 2022.

1. KarmaKitty Augur

Actually, the need /over to give more XP at lower levels.:D
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Marton Augur

Overseer needs to give Group Currency.
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

How is the xp from overseer, compared to the xp you would earn from 2 daily hotzone quests from Teek at an appropriate level?

I remember those quests being quite fast. Around 5-7 minutes, if you disregard travel times(which is what wizards do :p ), and yielding 5%-ish xp in total, maybe more.

I personally view overseer as a hotzone quest replacement for the higher level players. You can argue about the concept of sitting safely in the guildhall and fiddling with overseer, rather than fighting in the wild. But the xp-amount itself, is not really that outrageous in comparison to hotzone quests.
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Put it on the App Store, so I can make proper time management adjustments.
  5. Tappin Augur

Haha (can't stop laughing)... Another day, another thread, proving exactly my point.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the same handful of people are using multiple accounts on the forums. It’s been documented.
    Wdor and Nennius like this.
  7. Laronk Augur

I think dailies need to be added to teek all the way up to 120
  8. Kolani Augur

If you've been doing overseer, you have literally no agents left because they're not recovering.
    Bobokin likes this.
  9. Graytis Lorekeeper

I wish when I went AFK to poop, I could do Overseer on my phone while doing so. That is all.

:D
    Wdor likes this.
  10. Riou EQResource

That's why they made laptops :p
    BadPallyGuildLeader, Vumad and Wdor like this.
  11. Bobokin Augur

Most of the groups I see in the new zones are bot groups that won't take on extra members until they not only hit 120 but also max most of their AAs. I also see a few guild groups every so often.

With such low grinding EXP and nerfed EXP in older zones, why even try to group? The devs have killed groups, and the OP wants to blame overseer. If they take away overseer at this point, I'll just leave the game like most of my friends and family already have.
  12. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

I see numerous LFGs and absolutely no one sitting in general chat "obsessed" with overseer agents. Which will no longer be a problem after the next patch. All the threads on it are moved and locked.
  13. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

It's funny because your friends and family leaving the game is what killed groups.
    code-zero, Vumad and Ozon like this.
  14. Bobokin Augur

They left the game because their characters kept getting nerfed, experience sucked, and the game just wasn't fun for them anymore, but yes ... people leaving Everquest has made grouping more difficult. That is why I openly question the economics that pushes more and more cash out of fewer and fewer player rather than attempting to expand the base.
    Wdor and Yinla like this.
  15. Talif Augur

Run every recovery task that comes up and if you mulched all of your common/uncommon agents, run recruit missions to get them all back. After about 10 days of doing that, I'm finally getting to where I can run most quests again.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Please why do you people think that people only use overseer for xp? Some of us like overseer so get over it.
    Wdor likes this.
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

Because most people are very closed minded and self centered. If you do no think exactly like they do they cannot comprehend your point of view. It used to be kids were taught to think of others before themselves, not so much anymore.
  18. Eldur New Member

I totally get that many people like the free exp that Overseer provides. I totally get that we need a catchup mechanic to quickly bring new and returning players level-wise close enough to the playerbase. I totally get that some rewards are really nice, e.g. collectibles and trade skill stuff.

But I totally do not get why you want to pay a subscription to play Overseer? I enjoyed EQ because I liked to play with my friends and guildies, handing out random loot drops to soon-to-become-friends, getting to know other players - and if this social aspect is removed, what is left? Logging in once a week to do a (then pointless) raiding dance? If all group play is replaced by Overseer, Mercenaries and Boxes, what is it then that makes EQ standing out anymore?
  19. Aanuvane Augur

Please don't remove overseer. Let each of us play the game the way we want to play the game. I've incorporated Overseer into what I do for alts I wouldn't be dragging out to grind regardless, but that I use to help buff the GL crowd and to get tradeskill ingredients without having to go grind out in old expansions. I like what it has brought to the game.
    Wdor likes this.
  20. Moege Augur

So only people who box and corrupt guilds get type 5 aug upgrades ... They are no group of friends no decent guild that ever get theirs. I will give you the chance to rephrase your opinion as it is currently written it stinks.
    Coagagin likes this.