Why is Experience so bad?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scald, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Riou EQResource

Bringing EXP back to Merc tasks and putting Currency on Partisans would be nice changes, it would help in giving incentives to help/join people who haven't completed them yet
    Evilness, Marton, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

There aren’t experience rewards for Mercenary tasks.
    Sancus likes this.
  3. Tappin Augur

There has to be something between clock block content to progress/level your character. People fall behind and need to get caught up and can't really utilize longer play sessions to their advantage. I could grab a friend and pop a few mercs, kill some mobs and make a otherwise useless play session meaningful. Can't do that anymore.
    Eldur likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

When you finish all 3 merc tasks per zone (or however many they have) you get a nice exp bump. For each task , no you wont see any.
  5. dwish Augur

Yes because casual players log in multiple times per day to make sure they complete their 10 overseer tasks. Do you realize people don't sit around just waiting to log into EQ at all hours? This actually more telling about the merits or YOUR argument, not mine. To hit the max overseer without logging in multiple times (most casual players or people with outside responsibilities) you absolutely have to spend station cash to hit the max.
  6. Gorg00 Augur

Just log in once in the morning before you go to work, then again in the evening, if you want to do overseer. It only takes like 5 minutes.
    Flatchy likes this.
  7. Tappin Augur

I am married with kids. There’s no time to log in the morning.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

We get it, youre unhappy with everything Tappin. You are not the 'every person' though. Plenty of us that has partners and kids dont find it to be an insurmountable task to log in for 10min in the morning.
  9. Laronk Augur

Or maybe you want to do something other than overseer for experience maybe guys tappin wants to be rewarded for … playing the game.

Tappins problem as I read it is he doesn’t feel like he’s getting rewarded or making progress on his short play sessions where he can log in for a bit and kill some stuff.

We could probably solve this problem with the teek guy in Pok. Extend his daily kill tasks to level 120 so that more casual players can log in and have something to do. If 5 minutes in overseer can get you a couple % in exp then people should be able to pop a merc and do a once a day kill task that gives just as much as overseer gives.

This would give more structure to casual players play because they would log in do their daily while they try to LFG.
    Treage_Imminent, Vumad and Micker like this.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I am married with kids to. I get up 15 minutes early and drink a cup of coffee at my computer before the chaos starts.
    Benito likes this.
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Sounds like a sad lifestyle choice.
    Eldur likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

No working or middle class American spends up to $25 per day because they can't be bothered to log on for 5-10 minutes. (The federal minimum wage in the United States is $7.25 an hour).

If you're a millionaire who thinks spending $25 to save 10 minutes is optimal (probably leads a Fortune 500 company), thanks for keeping the game alive!

There is simply no advantage with the 10 quest hard cap. Auto-completion grants no bonus other than saving 5-10 minutes of your time.
  13. Tappin Augur

I go to bed at 11:30 pm and wake up at 4 am. I’m not going to wake up at 3:30 just to log onto EQ. Your excuse isn’t valid.
  14. Gorg00 Augur

Then level slower I guess, EQ is a game that rewards logging in and doing things. Maybe you want a different game that rewards not logging in.
  15. Micker Augur

Lol, that is true. I complain about leveling, but don't play much. If someone is complaining that they can't log in to do oversee two times a day, well, don't know what to say about that. NOT wanting to do overseer for exp, I understand, but it takes about the same time as it takes to check email lol. IOt is frustrating for a lot of people, who like to kill mobs for a hour or so here and there. If it wasn't for overseer, it would be waaaay too long for casuals. So instead of playing EQ and killing, you are clicking a few overseer quests and logging off. Not sure why they wouldn't just make mobs give better exp, so you could actually progress playing the game, instead of logging in for 5 mins a day.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Tappin can't be bothered to log in twice a day for 5 minutes but he wants to force high HP/mitigation mobs for players to grind on?

I wonder if he uses certain software (and repeating some sort of benefit)....
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

How long does everyone think it should take to completion? I mean how many total hours played, and also how many months? Should you finish in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, a year?
  18. dwish Augur

I don't really understand this argument. It only takes a day or two to hit 120 with the current mission/task setup? Maybe that should take a lot longer? I would personally be for cutting the task/mission exp in half and make everyone grind. That would change some people's tunes pretty quick. For me it's not about the time it takes as it's already stupid fast with the current setup. The issue is it's only stupid fast if you do the EQ on rails which is what the EQ progression achievement system has become, it's just regurgitated every expansion.

People are only asking for mob kills increased to at least somewhat to where they used to be so people have other options besides the task/mission setup.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  19. Tappin Augur

The correct answer is it doesn’t matter. It’s irrelevant and not the problem. The problem is the discrepancy between the old method and new method (heavily favoring new methods) of leveling. It should never have existed in the first place (discrepancy). Address the real problem first, then we can have a discussion about how long it takes to level.
  20. vylo Augur

OK that is complete BS. It takes literally a few minutes to do this. plenty of married people with kids easily manage this. If you can't, that is a you problem, not the game.
    Flatchy likes this.