Games that are $600/year that are better MMO than EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HeatherPurrs, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Trevor Elder

it's nothing like fffxi ffxiv and especially not ffiv lol
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Let's be real, all those whining in this thread will be whining one, two, three years from now. They all claim to not play to quit blah blah blah and are always back here whining again later on.

Do the rest of us the favor of going away and stop polluting the forums with the whining.
  3. Malpheroth Elder

Right now I am playing Project Gorgon and it is pretty fun. I am also playing WoW but once you finish the story in 2 weeks it kinda falls off a cliff. I am going to be checking out Lost Ark next month. Ultimately I would agree that your money may be best spent trying out new games every 1-3 months because most mmorpgs nowadays have short, but good, stories and no longevity or development past that point.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

There are no better MMO's than EQ and its only expensive for you because you feel the need to group with yourself with six accounts. I mean its not that expensive really just look at what it cost to go to the movies and get some popcorn and a drink. I play with 5 accounts myself but so i can sell more in the baz lol. Might have to make another one so i can get my ranger exploration achievements that are flagged raid but well see haha. You leave eq you will be back you will see.
    Shindius and Duder like this.
  5. Duder Augur

You know what I meant =P FFXIV! Total clone for sure tho.
  6. Repj Journeyman

I can't see why people that are over 15 years should have to pay for EQ anymore since the servers are paid for by now. I believe the last veteran reward should be to make it to where people that have 15 years pay a reduced price, or make it free to them
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Servers aren't in house any more. They were farmed out to a cutthroat cloud firm that consistently over-promises and under-delivers. This was due to scalability.
    Shindius, Fenthen and Duder like this.
  8. Duder Augur

lol
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Have you replaced your computer in the last 15 years?
    Celephane likes this.
  10. Febb Augur

Yes a business doesn't rely on money or anything. The company just stays afloat on wishful thinking.
    Shindius and Fenthen like this.
  11. dwish Augur

I would say it's your own fault for deciding to pay that much so you can run you very own ready made group 24/7. But, the game is essentially designed around boxing now so I can't really fault you. I would try dropping down to a couple accounts, as you can still do most of the game with a couple solid characters and only need help for things such as missions. That's a lot of money saved.
  12. generic Journeyman

go get some 40k figures, play games with real people (albeit neckbeards that likely dont shower) and have fun.
  13. Laronk Augur

hot take here, if you don’t play other games, 600 a year for a hobby is an inexpensive hobby.

Otherwise have you considered trying a different genre of game?

Or maybe you need something new in EQ, build a whole different team from scratch with no pl. or maybe there’s lots of stuff to do with your current team.
    Shindius likes this.
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I wish my fun budget was only $600 annually. My EQ budget is a fraction of the OP's, but I have other expensive hobbies, and I am about to start building out an enclosed trailer that I will hopefully move into fulltime and travel the country.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Viper1 Augur

why not just light that $600 on fire, at least you'd get to see it burn instead of just magically disappearing.
    Shindius likes this.
  16. uberkingkong Augur

What got you to spend that much, or make it seem acceptable to you to spend that much? Did that feeling all sudden go away after a certain point?