tol is a dissapointment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mblache, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It depends on the server you play on.

You will see more players revisit ToV or be willing to join your group on medium to high pop servers.

If you are on a low pop server, it may be more difficult.

Edit: JChan has announced a new round of merges for 2022. Stay tuned.
  2. Micker Augur

I have a rogue and ranger lol. I haven't been putting my 115 ranger in my box group, maybe I should start. I'm assuming that DPS number comes from assassinate/headshotable mobs? Normal exp mobs, I'm seeing about half of that, with my CoV raid weapon rogue. What zone/area is good for a ranger/rogue group to exp in?? Thanks!
  3. Gorg00 Augur

KV I believe is the best.
    Micker likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Not sure what you guys are talking about leveling for. I went 100% AA XP at 119. Collections, overseers and the last 2 partisan will have me at 120 in no time.
    Wdor likes this.
  5. Micker Augur

Are there any tasks in ToL, that are easy to box for some exp?
  6. Riou EQResource

There are at least 3 that can be done without killing a single mob depending on classes (with 1 in bloodfalls being for sure solo-able by anyone, but you need access to this zone)

Like all other partisans in ToL they give 0.8% regular or 19.1 AA depending on your AA slider from 0 to 100%
    Tegila and Wdor like this.
  7. Congah New Member

I like ToL better than the last 2 expansions - hands down.
    Personally, the ONLY thing I don't like is getting to the Bloodfalls zone-in....lol
    Wdor, Bigstomp and Nennius like this.
  8. Qelil Augur

That's what the game was. It's also what makes it so hard for returning players to catch up. All the crap about you could group, you could this, you could that is just bs excuses to people who return to a game that is no longer what they left. This gameplay was core to EQ and it's gone now.

Some folks just never seem to learn that is okay to not fix what is not broken.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

All of them
  10. Tappin Augur

Can you post a video of you boxing all the missions? They are not exactly box friendly.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

The quote was about tasks, not missions. Even in the achievements window of EQ they make the distinction. Please, try to read before ranting.

I'm sure there are better boxers than me (alt+tab is my method) but I tried it out of curiosity and personally failed on the missions early on.
    I've been too busy with always doing missions with friends lately to give it another try now that my toon is stronger.

But the tasks were easy.
    Yinla, Celephane and Nennius like this.
  12. Gorg00 Augur

The missions are all pretty easy to box if you're geared with a decent box group.

The hardest one is OoL just because if you get sent downstairs running back up is annoying.
  13. DeadRagarr Augur

If your a caster and you stick your head on the pillar facing towards it, then when he does the knockdown move it will just jump you back onto the hallway.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And hopefully at some point DPG will realize this. They can't build the game around the very best or the very worst. And there will always be those who do 5 levels in 5 days or less. I guess I don't see the advantage if it just means someone max levels in 3 days instead of 1 day.

I guess the Devs will do what they think is best and we just have to hope they are right.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

He felt the need to respond. Anything else is unknown would more likely be projection. But yeah it is nice to hear the why when you get a no,
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agreed with to a point since all it takes is the ability to accept a TA.
    Nennius and Benito like this.
  17. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

While I mostly agree, you clearly have not played Elder Scrolls Online. Which also is really good despite the whiners.
  18. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

/Agree. I'd even be okay with several months, but that's just me. Historically I have always been slow to level.
  19. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I agree with this. That being said, I am currently about 35% toward 120, and have my XP set at 100% AA. Also, I have only done ME, UP, VT mercenary and partisan quests, half of KV, as I do not have SV access yet, and KV hero and savior missions.
  20. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Or do something similar to Elder Scrolls Online, and scale all mobs in all expansions to the characters level. That way all content, outside of raids, is accessible and productive for everyone.