Games that are $600/year that are better MMO than EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HeatherPurrs, Jan 2, 2022.

1. HeatherPurrs Augur

I have $600 plus to spend on gaming. This is my last year of EQ. Any suggestions?
  2. Tucoh Augur

Play different games instead of the same regurgitated gameplay in one game over and over.
    Shindius likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

learn to play guitar
    Shindius, Axxius, minimind and 2 others like this.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

Chicks dig it
  5. HeatherPurrs Augur

Six accounts at $130/yr each. Six expansions per year at $30/yr each.
    It's gotten ridiculous.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I’ve been painting and learning a new language, and waiting for the right Steam sales.

EQ is good for 1 months every 2 years, if you 6 box.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Find a game that doesn't require you to play multiple accounts, unless you are looking to make in game purchases with cash there are plenty you can play for a lot cheaper.
  8. Trevor Elder

play lost ark when it comes out on february 8th, it's the next big mmo and has been proven to be amazing ($0 monthly fee and free expansions as well)

#1 game in korea already and published by one of the biggest companies on the planet (amazon), that also happens to own twitch. It's going to be advertised like crazy.

[IMG]
    Shindius likes this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

FF XIV, Genshin Impact, WoW, EverQuest 2, LOTRO, New World, Black Desert Online.

All games I've played for at least a month. All games I've ultimately rejected and come back to EQ.

Just take a break. No need to get all forum questy over it.
    Shindius, Duder, Wdor and 1 other person like this.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is only 15 bucks on steam. If you want a challenge, you could reduce the number of boxes you have which will also reduce the amount you pay.
    Fenthen and Wdor like this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You can give your $600 to Pantheon or Ashes of Creation. They need the crowdfunding.
    Vumad and Wdor like this.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

Game reminds me of Final Fantasy, think I would play FF instead.

By chance is this thread a secret message, please work on EQ Next?
    If looking for another MMORPG, I think this is good as it gets. GW2 is decent too, I mean if you want to unload $$$ into a game, GW2 has a lot of nice things in the marketplace. Maybe a new game genre? FPS? Rust? Quake Champions? If you are looking for a tight niche community. I'd like to see FPS MMO's. What happened to Borderlands? Also, maybe WWE 2K22, I hear it hits different.
    Shindius and Duder like this.
  13. Kazint Augur

FFXIV is great and you only need one account. Plus the free content will last you a while.
    Caisy likes this.
  14. DeadRagarr Augur

New World is nice.
  15. Celephane Augur

No, it is just a cry for attention.
    Shindius, Axxius, Bigstomp and 6 others like this.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

Buy a ship in Star Citizen or a gold star forum account in Pantheon or whatever it is they are selling to keep afloat these days.
    Tucoh likes this.
  17. Caisy Master

FFXIV is so good. No need for alts, they give you a ton of content for absolutely nothing (no limiting in store stuff, etc) and the story and gameplay once you get to Heavensward is as good as anything out there.
    Shindius and Kazint like this.
  18. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Morrowind is fantastic still! I try to go back and play it again, at least every 1-2 years.
  19. Duder Augur

That's what it is. A FFIV clone.
  20. Duder Augur

That's the only sort of posts I have seen from this poster.
    Shindius, minimind, Bigstomp and 2 others like this.