Permanent effect from rings/necks etc.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Marbles, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Marbles Elder

I think i learned something new today after many years playing :) but wanted to check first before i implemented this.

The effects (shadow of knowledge/might etc) can they be clicked off the effect bar and still remain active? Not an issue with my mains that have the AAs but alts sometimes have slot issues.

Thanks!
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Correct! :)

Their only advantage, is if you want junk buffs in the first few buffslots when you are fighting dispelling mobs.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes, the shadow buffs serve no purpose other than to fill up the first few buff slots when dealing with debuffing mobs. Other than that, you should never have them on.
  4. Marbles Elder

Thank you very much!
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I wish the same were true for familiar buffs. Maybe...in time!
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

At least you can auto-hide the familiar, so that it only takes up a buff slot. :)
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am confused on this one. I pop my familiar if I want something cool following me around - like Frostfell Yeti Doll

But on my key ring in the stat box is familiar Jimothy Junior so I get that buff of lowering food consumption

But I can take off the Doll buff icon or what ever familiar buff I have on an it leaves the Jimothy stat buff.

Just like with mounts.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

When you right click on the shadow buffs and inspect them, the description says it has no effect.
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I think the "hope" was that someday Familiars would just give you the stats in the "Stat" slot of the keyring, without having to summon one, which requires a buff slot.