Overseer woes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eteract, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'm not doing it any different than normal, except for having to do recoveries. I'd never done one before this. And I don't schedule my life around EQ/Overseer, so by the time I get around to doing the next round, the quests have been done for a while. In the old way (incapacitated agents time out and come back), that was a recipe for never being impacted by them at all, the way I do it.

And who says I don't have a problem with it? Of course, it needs to be fixed.

And I don't get the "Low return missions" part. I run plenty of uncommon/etc missions. Just the part about running recoveries makes it slightly less efficient. In fact, I'd call my way the most EFFICIENT, since quests never fail for me, so who cares if I use commons instead of elites? 85% vs. 75% chance to succeed doesn't make any difference, they always succeed. And if I do get an incapacitated agent, it'll be a lower ranked agent. I still have the better agent as a backup (in normal times).
  2. Malbro Augur

I show 84 incapacitated but I have a bunch that indicate ready and I can't use them, they are greyed out.
  3. Bobokin Augur

If you have to use recoveries, that is inefficient. If you can't do high tier missions because you cannot or will not use elites or rares, that is inefficient. If you don't push your missions close to 90%, you will not get critical success missions and the bonuses they entail. That makes you inefficient overall.

I now have 89 incapacitated agents. Most of my elites and rares are AWOL, and I am forced into doing recovery and recruitment missions just to have agents to do missions. Elite and rare missions are off the table, and so are most uncommon missions because they either often require the same group of agents that are incapacitated or they require an elite with an 18% and near guaranteed loss. Overseer is almost unplayable for many players in my guild, and we are still 20 days away from the patch.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So much fail here, it's comical.

Recoveries are ineffcient. Yes, I said that, what's your point?

Show me where I said I don't run the high tier missions. Never said it, run them frequently.

Need missions near 90% to get crits. Hogwash. Have you tracked it? I have. Crits come just as much when quests are 75-80% to succeed. (edit: and then there's the part where an average of 2 of my 5 quests are 88% to succeed anyway, even doing it the way I do it).

So, the only inefficiency is the one where I already agreed it's inefficient, and do want them to fix it. So, chill out a bit!
  5. Ozon Augur

Anyone getting Overseers missions with absurd timers? I currently have a common conversion with 12+ hours to go.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Log out, sync your computer's clock, log back in and you should be good to go.
    Bobokin likes this.
  7. Ozon Augur

TY that worked
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  8. Malbro Augur

I've had quests, including critical successes, take 3 agents
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sure, there's always an outlier. I was talking averages.

I've never actually tracked it by single quest. I check incap #, cash in all quests, and check # again, to see how many I lost for the set of quests. If I've ever lost more than 5 agents in one single set of quests, I can't remember it. But, truthfully, before the recent nonsense, I didn't even check the incap # that often. It didn't impact me at all.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

IMO it always should have been a requirement to do recovery missions to recover. But they didnt schedule enough of them, plus theres the thing that says they are suppose to recover in X hours on their own, but arent.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Why? Do the quests if you're in a hurry, or wait it out if you're not. Seems like a logical design.

Now just fix it, and get back to what it was.

As to the offering part, I agree, they should offer more quests of all types. If I want to run 24 hour quests (which I usually do, as I just log in once per day), I should be able to run 5. Usually offered 1-2, sometimes 3, sometimes none. Same goes for recoveries, or 6 hour quests, etc.
  12. Bobokin Augur

I am at 93 incapacitated. That is four more since posted yesterday with one set of missions, and that includes a recovery mission. I see two or three agents getting popped pretty often, but some come out clean.
  13. Bobokin Augur

Well, there it is. You mostly do 24 missions, so you are not as affected. Your agents have a lower percentage to get knocked off, and you don't have to take that chance as often.

You asked, "what's your point?" My point is that you being less affected does not mitigate the many others who are. Even so, you state you are affected somewhat and would like this fixed, so I do not understand why you are downplaying this.

I do my best to advocate for casual players on this board, and the overseer bugs, auto-grant bugs, and merc bugs affect casual players far more than they affect automated boxers and raiders (who are already better equipped than Tier2 ToL). Having Darkpaw wait a month and a half to fix these shows what little concern they have for casual players.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Dude, do you LITERALLY even read? My response was to the guy who said there shouldn't even be a way to get agents back except by recovery quests.

And you're advocating for casuals over me? LOL!

PS - I DON'T do mostly 24 hour missions. If you'd read, you'd see I do 1-2 per set of 5 on average, because that's all that's offered. Nobody does JUST 24 hour missions, unless they just skip mission slots. I check in to do Overseer every ~24 hours.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

I do when I need components to make stat food. :D
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"unless they just skip mission slots" ;)
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

When I need materials, I start as many research tasks as a I can and leave the other slots open. On the next rotation, I fill in the blanks with more research tasks so I constantly have 5 of them going. So, maybe skipping slots once, but full of research tasks after that.

Of course, I HAVE hit the "5 Research tasks in a single roation" jackpot once. :)
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Oh, yeah, I see. Since I only log in once a day to do Overseer, I can't do that. Good thinkin'!!
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I would make Recovery missions count like Conversion missions, make them not count against the mission cap.
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

And make at least 3 of them show up every rotation.
    Nennius and Svann2 like this.