make it so XP pots can stack with LoTD

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Dec 17, 2021.

1. demi Augur

with how badly xp is per mob (grinding) would it be so overpowered if they made it so XP pots could stack with lesson .. I mean who cares if we can have 150% or 175% xp boost for 30min every 14 hours. that gives them more potion sales in the marketplace ..

I think 1 pot + LoTD + perk xp boost should all stack ..

what are ya'll thoughts on this ?

Make it so #1
    Engage
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

If you're playing the game and not just botting, experience will come without issue. Complete the quests, complete the collections, maybe play a little Overseer, and you're golden.
    Fenthen, Ozon, Wdor and 1 other person like this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Because pay to win, they arent going to do it.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

xp potions should at least be heirloom i got like 40 on char i dont play anymore lol.

Andarriel
  5. demi Augur

lol P2W by stacking a lousy potion which is already for sale in the market with lesson which only lasts 30min .. ok

Perk bonus 5% xp bonus stacks with potion or lesson already and you pay $2.99 and its continuous .. that sounds like P2W to me ..

I agree they should be same with the ones that you get when purchasing an expansion for $140 those should also be Heirloomable
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i have some of those and totally agree they should be heirloom.

Andarriel
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I agree with this 100%.
  8. Duder Augur

The exp is fine. I don't think they should stack.
    Cicelee, Fenthen and minimind like this.
  9. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

...as long as the overseer agents recover and don't stay bugged...
    Wdor likes this.
  10. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

QFT
    This has worked nicely for me so far. YMMV
    Cicelee likes this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

Im just a grouper and am already 26 percent into level 120. I have not bothered with LOtD or potions. There is no need to pay to win. I spent my station cash on the heritage packs or the old cards. If Daybreak had to depend on me for side cash they would be broke.
    Duder, Wdor and Fenthen like this.
  12. Flat Toad Elder

LoL...Built into GameCode since...forever: LoTD has always been treated as a "pot" in and of itself...(which is why you can't "stack" anything with it.
    Incidentally, since VoA, you get "Blessing of the Devoted" which shortens it's cool-down by 25%...basically to 15 hours.Isn't 10 times a week enuf???
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Alternatively, Change LotD to rested XP ala WoW. Basically give everyone some vitality XP (from fellowship) every day. That way the people who need it the most because they don't have the boxes or community to do a good lessons burn will gain a lot from it.
    Vumad, Skrab and Fenthen like this.
  14. Bobokin Augur

Potions and lesson stacking would help casual players as much if not more than botters. Casual players only get in an hour or two at a time anyway, so the lesson is far greater a percentage of played time.

What really stinks is when you have a 10% bottle of adventure on, and you can't bring up your lesson without killing it.
  15. minimind The Village Idiot

I'm a casual raider. I have a scheduled group on Sunday and Tuesday nights and we're very, very low-pressure about getting things done. We've completed two missions in ToL (only once each!) and the first two zones' Partisan and Mercenary quests together. 3 of the 6 group members (including myself) raid once per week.

I am level 119 with less than 20% into the level given what I've done within the expansion thus far and what I've been able to get out of a temporarily hobbled Overseer, I think it's alright.
  16. Kiras Augur

I just wish they would make the super long xp potions into shorter one with multiple charges instead. A 1 hour potion with 4 charges is far more appealing than a 4 hour potion, because it doesn't force me to block out 4 hours for xp grinding.
  17. Bobokin Augur

A casual raider is almost an oxymoron. A casual raider is not the same as a casual player.

If you do two scheduled raids per week, you are not casual. You likely are not hardcore, but we are talking having these stack because casual players don't often play four hours at a time.
  18. minimind The Village Idiot

I have two scheduled weekly groupings because we're old and have families. Hobbies get scheduled. And then I raid once per week. I also log in to do Overseer (like 5+% of free experience per day). That's a LOT less time than most of who you would consider "casual".

I'm also a "long-time" player who knows his class really really well. That probably skews your definition of casual, too, though. So, let's talk this out: What makes someone casual?
    • Sporadic playtime?
    • Low playtime?
    • Low skill?
    • Low experience?
    • Doesn't group?
    If you say "yes" to all of the above, then the complaint isn't that "casual players" can't level. It's that people who don't play the game can't level as quickly as people who play the game as it's intended to be played. And that's alright. That's 100% expected.
  19. Bobokin Augur

You have gone from, "players that raid twice a week on schedule are not casual," to "only players with low skill, low experience, and don't group are casual." That is a pretty big leap.

As I stated above, you are a casual raider rather than a casual player because you do scheduled raids. It isn't a knock, but it is a different play style. Would you call someone who plays basketball at the gym on a schedule twice a week a casual player? How about a tennis player that enters two scheduled tournaments each week or a player on a softball team that has two scheduled games each week? A casual player will add his name to the board every so often, do pickup games, and hit the courts with buddies, but not much is scheduled in advance on a calendar. Do you see the difference?
  20. Tucoh Augur

So, for Everquest, casuals are people who don't care about getting gud and/or people who don't play regularly.

If you've logged in with regularity over the last few months and care about how strong you are, my opinion is that you're not casual even if you're in a dead guild, have no friends, play 8ish hours a week and have sat in Great Divide or Umbral Plains most of the last three weeks.