Beating a dead horse

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shootss, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Shootss New Member

can you all for the love of god fix this horriable lag on FV its almost unplayable
    Bienu, Moege, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

3. Nennius Curmudgeon

4. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I'm on FV. Lag isn't bad for me. I got a special gaming PC, perhaps that helps.
  5. Tual Augur

No kidding, it shouldn't take minutes to zone.
    Bienu, Fenthen and Shootss like this.
  6. Shootss New Member

gaming pc doesnt matter tual and i both have top of the line gaming pc's its serverside
    Bienu and Fenthen like this.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

The lag on group invites, bazaar searches, and suspending/unsuspending mercenaries is crazy.
    Bienu, Fenthen and Shootss like this.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

9. Tual Augur

Yeah, chat lag is like 45 seconds to a minute, group invites up to 30 seconds, and I'm not sure on mercs.
    Bienu, Bobokin and Fenthen like this.
  10. Bobokin Augur

It isn't just on FV, but FV is usually more populated at any given time, so they get the worst of it.

Hopefully, going 64bit will help server side, but who knows how much that will help the old code.
    Bienu and Roque EQ like this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Guildhall combat dummies should have "dead horse" as a race selection.
    :p
    Bobokin and Moege like this.
  12. Bobokin Augur

Yes, but the transmuter has been bugged for two years, so it wouldn't stay that way once you logged.
  13. Bienu New Member

If you never zone, never invite people to group/raid, or chat with people I'm certain you don't notice the lag. If you do any of those things, along with a myriad of other actions lag is very noticeable.
  14. Visitor Augur

It is not you or your comp, nor is it EQ. Thank those who control the web flow, and that rules were relaxed about priority service. Add in more people are using video connections to family during the holidays, and the average folk get slower service.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Not even close.