Why is Experience so bad?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scald, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Scald New Member

Why is experience so bad this expansion? It seems every expansion the Devs take more and more fun away from us and replace it with what feels like work. If i want to work i will go to work. I play this game to relax not to work. Please fix the experience rate.
  2. Micker Augur

A ton of threads on this already. I agree, but it is a yearly expansion and I think slowing down leveling is ok, but it's pull your hair out slow, when trying to level killing mobs.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I wonder how much of a hit experience potion sales have taken, since ToV. AA experience is at healthy pace, but regular experience is pretty low.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

The thing is everyone wants to race to the finish line and then bitchandcomplain that there's nothing to do. Slow roll it, guys. You don't have to finish the expansion before 2022. Many guilds were doing T1 beta raids at 115 for testing purposes, so the new levels/AAs/spells aren't even a full raid necessity at this point.

Go at a pace to where you won't burn out. Ignore the levels and AAs. Work on 1 zone per week or something, and the levels/AAs will just come naturally.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

My thoughts before throwing the kitchen sink:

1. Keep Overseer and Achievement XP at current levels. Keep mob XP at current levels. Fine.

2. Buff Lesson to triple or quadruple XP.

3. Retune (lower) ToL mob hp/mitigation.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

People were 120 within 1 day of release. Id guess that about 75% of mains are 120 now less than a month in.
    Shindius, Nennius and Benito like this.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

There’s not really any content to an EQ expansion. It can be finished in 10-12 hours of gameplay, excluding leveling. It’s really sad. If you want to be a theme park game, then have some more content.
  8. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Imo, It really is the hp that needs tuning.
  9. Tappin Augur

Because they want you to complete progression and use P2W Overseers. If exp did not s ck, you’ll probably not go that route…
    Eldur likes this.
  10. Windance Augur

Guild raid on Sunday had the average level was 118. Far less that 75% of the mains were 120.

I don't know of anyone who hit 120 in a single day. If they did it legit, they'd likely be top 1% players who spent a crap ton of effort to save up all the collects, and likely knew the heroic missions well enough to box them on day one.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Tappin Augur

There was several that hit 120 day one, in my main guild.
  12. Bobokin Augur

You'd guess wrong unless you are talking exclusively about automaton boxers and raid equipped max AA mains. You live in entirely different world than casual players. That's fine, but just know what you experience is not the same as others less on the cutting edge.
  13. Scald New Member

Thats funny, No where does it say anything about finishing the expansion. This thread is about Experience and how bad it sucks. This thread is Not about the end of the expansion or level 120. Please keep this thread on track. Thanks.
  14. Scald New Member

So the reason Experience is so bad is because of Developers Egos? There egos should be sated just by me buying there game. They should not force there play style on you.
  15. Igorath-Bertox Elder

Go play on a TLP server. You'll appreciate the expansion xp more then.
  16. Cicelee Augur

With all due respect, EQ has always been work. Maybe EQ is not the game for you anymore?

But this game has always been a grind, it has felt like a second job for many, it is a serious time commitment if you want to achieve everything. That has not suddenly changed this expansion.

I remember when I was level 59.99 in a chef room in Sebillis during Kunark chain pulling frogs in a full group. Took me an hour for that last percent. If anything, game is significantly easier and faster than what it used to be.
    Shindius, code-zero and Svann2 like this.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

I think this is one of a couple reasons I will never play live EQ again. My fondest memories are grabbing a camp with a couple friends and grinding xp/loot while we joke around with each other. It seems at some point the powers that be decided reasonable XP is now only coming from tasks. So they literally removed a playstyle for.. no idea we never really got an explanation as to why they felt grinding for XP should be removed.

(The other big thing is every group mob being like a raid event where every mob can kill you in 3 or so melee rounds. Combined with the insane inflation of stats and hp it just doesn't even feel like the same game any more. And that (IMO) isn't a good thing. ROF/COTF was about the last time I enjoyed live.)

I know most peoples reply will be grinding is boring, but so is running the same task or two over and over ad nauseam. Anyways, I know noone cares :) I just felt like agreeing with the OP.
    Eldur likes this.
  18. Micker Augur

You also didn't have Tens of thousands of AA's to get or catch up on back then either. Once you dinged 60, that was it for exp needs for the entire expansion. Getting to max level is just the beginning now.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Tappin Augur

What feels like work may be subjective to a degree, but I think you’re missing other players style of playing. The current system has you logging in few hours a day to keep caught up, where as previous you could keep caught up by binging. It’s that logging in every day thing that makes it seem like work, at least for me.
  20. Koldanar Elder

Experience is not bad at all. They have just switched from a "camp and kill" model to "get experience as you progress through expansion". Just follow the lore, do the partisan and merc tasks, missions and collects and you will be max 120 before you even finish the expansion hunter,
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Cicelee like this.