Overseer woes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eteract, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Bobokin Augur

Drinal?
    Svann2 likes this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Nah, just something that's Gouda-nuff.
    Bobokin likes this.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Overseer is such a waste of their time. It’s this weird combination of failed WoW Companion app mixed with microtransactions that are effectively ignored because there’s a daily cap and the missions are more likely to fail with DBG cash. Add in the fact it’s never worked properly, since its implementation with missing quests. It’s ok from a player perspective, you get some decent rewards.

It’s just another system they made and add to the game that can’t be properly developed and maintained.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

I adjusted your text because it doesn't accurately reflect the reality of the situation. It certainly can be maintained properly. It just hasn't been. DBG has limited resources allocated to it. Limited resources=shortfalls in results. The Overseer issues are one of those shortfalls. A dev. has already posted elsewhere that the problem has been noted, fixed internally, and will be pushed out as part of the upcoming path in January. I wish it could be pushed sooner, but it isn't a game breaker for me.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Looks like you disagree with yourself.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Nope. You are wrong again. "Can be" is a conditional statement. One of the conditions is the choice (in this case to not maintain the Overseer system in a timely fashion) to do one thing or another. One of the possible choices WAS to maintain it properly. That choice was NOT made. In less than a month it should (Brell willing) be working properly. In companies with limited resources, some things have to be delayed. This was one of them.

And at the risk of repeating myself, it really isn't a game breaker for me. Having made the choice to not be in a hurry to level means that I avoid disappointment in it taking a little longer. I will still get there. And all will be well.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

When you regularly lose 4-6 agents per 5 quests to incapacitation, and more often than not you only get a single recovery task (usually only common) every 2 or 3 rotations, there's literally no way to keep up.
    Svann2 and Bobokin like this.
  8. Nanilu Journeyman

The overseer bugs were the bridge too far for me. New releases will have bugs and I understand it can take time to fix. But overseer wasn't as broken as it is right now so I don't understand the casual dismissal of player's concerns and the length of time it's taking to get it fixed. I'm withholding my subs until fixed and even considering moving on due to lack of interest in supporting this game from DP.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Except, it’s never functioned properly since it’s inception. Buying early finishes resulted in more failures, initial launch failure rates were higher than expected, never solved missing quest issues, etc.

Overseer cannot be properly maintained because it doesn’t have the resources from a limited team coupled with extremely limited revenue generation. It doesn’t sound better saying they can but they choose not to.
    It would’ve been a really great way to deliver lore and world build outside the current expansion.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

True, and I remain hopeful. I am also hopeful that I will once again hit a double C on my trumpet and other unlikely possibilities as well. I do dream sometimes. And I try to remain positive.
    Skrab likes this.
  11. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Arguably, as it should.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Wow, that's harsh. My average is more like 1-2 average per 5 quests. Sometimes it's 5 (rarely), and sometimes it's 0 (not common, but more common than 4-5).
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

I scream now when I lose an elite because there's a very good chance I won't get it back to use before the patch.
    Bobokin likes this.
  14. Claan Elder

110 incapacitated here. Ran every recovery quest offered since this started. No way can it keep up. Cannot do any 24 hour quests for at least the last week. Not the end of the world but it should have been fixed before the holiday break. Since that's now history, maybe it should be fixed after the break and not 2 or 3 weeks into January. Actual Everquest game play seems to be working well, so there's that.
    Bobokin likes this.
  15. Tegeras New Member

Or you use your rares and elites on a recovery mission only to have one of them become incapacitated in the process.
  16. Bobokin Augur

Are you scrolling down to uncommons and commons on every mission? How many are you missing in total?
  17. Bobokin Augur

If it isn't fixed until the 19th, that's 1/10th of the expansion pack life cycle for this and the auto-grant bug.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

Losing agents ON a recovery task is just dumb design. The point of the recovery tasks is to make you use agents on them that you could be using on other quests. That's enough of a downside with recovery tasks if you choose to run them...making you waste a quest slot and agents.

Giving agents a chance to be incapacitated while running a recovery is just double dipping from the penalty pool.
    Tatanka likes this.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I usually don't take the top agent for any mission slot, unless that agent gives at least 3% better chance than the next best choice, or if it's already only a common or uncommon. Been doing that for quite a while.

Obviously, for highlighted (non-common) quests, the first agent or two MUST be a rare or elite. So no getting around that one.

On my accounts (6 of them), I'm ranging from 7 to 44 incapacitated agents. The one with 44 has had a bad combo of very few recoveries offered, many agents getting incapacitated, and then agents on some of the few recovery missions getting incapacitated.
  20. Bobokin Augur

Basically, you are doing overseer, but you are doing it as inefficiently as possible because you have to use recovery missions and low return missions. You don't see a problem with that? Your time is money.
    Claan likes this.