Overseer woes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eteract, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Yteran Lorekeeper

I will tell you, it's very, very difficult to reach the AA cap at level 110 without paying for the game.
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

You are correct, you made a blog post about not paying for expansions, not about not paying for the game, sorry.
  3. Celephane Augur

Your whole conversation in this thread is totally irrelevant. I'm not sure why you are even here.
    This issue does effect active players very much. People that pay to have good things vs sponges.
    Coagagin and Spacemonkey555 like this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

You know, it is possible to do things to progress your character that do not require overseer.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Spacemonkey555 Augur

I got to 120 with little to no overseer on 3 characters, but I don't have time to level all the alts, farm all the old tradeskill stuff, and farm the ultra rare 8th of each collectible set for every alt that I was planning on using overseer, the service I paid for, to get. I don't really care if anyone else is ok with 1/3 of their normal overseer income, or doesn't use it at all. I'd rather spend my time in TOL farming things overseer can't get me than go back to old content overseer should be taking care of.
    Bobokin likes this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Also, sometimes you get a recovery quest and cant do it because agents are incapacitated.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This was not affecting me until just now. Suddenly I have 44+ agents incapacitated. If that number continues to increase I will soon be unable to do any Overseer quests. Definitely changes how you see the bug when it affects you.
    Wdor, Coagagin, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's all fun and games until your Overseer loses an eye.
    Bobokin, Nennius and Tatanka like this.
  9. Bobokin Augur

I have over 70 incapacitated. A guildmate has over 120 incapacitated on his main account.
  10. Bobokin Augur

Is that right, Captain Obvious? When your wife's car breaks down, do you tell her she can take a bus to fix it? Get outta here!
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

The patch on the 19th should fix the issue. If it doesn't, ForumQuest will kick into overdrive.
    Wdor, tanith and Fenthen like this.
  12. Bobokin Augur

I have been informed that even after some recovery missions, my main account is at 85 MIA. How do they expect us to get to the 19th and actually use Overseer? I can't even attempt most missions other than common missions now.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Up from 44 to 48 incapacitated now.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I just engaged with the Overseer mechanic because it assists with leveling. I am still learning it. I decided to do it because:

1) Forced leveling through progression quests is horrible game design that will not really change so some manner of exp gain needs to be found.
    2) I don't have to be a computer science major to configure a is boxer program to win a the progression quests with the crappy task system referred to in #1 :)
    Bobokin and Nennius like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

80+ on one account and 100 on another.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just out of curiosity, have you just given up running recoveries, or did you not realize the bug til it was too late to try? Or, had a lack of recovery quests offered?

The reason I ask is, I haven't had too much trouble keeping my incapacitated agents to a managable level, except on one account which chronically doesn't get offered recovery quests :(

Obviously, the XP is slowed way down because I'm wasting quest slots on recoveries, but it is managable.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

I run recovery tasks whenever they come up. On one account the number of incapacitated agents has been dropping nicely. On the other they keep going up. Like you, on the one account I don't get offered recovery tasks nearly as often as on the other. A few minutes ago the account with dropping numbers had two tasks offered whereas on the other account, no recovery tasks popped up. I will deal with it and hope that the patch on the 19th takes care of things.
  18. Bobokin Augur

In one group of five missions, I had seven agents incapacitated - including two elites and two rares. How often do elite and rare recovery missions come up?

In any case, I thought they would patch for this bug long ago, as it affects all players. We shouldn't have to do recovery quests to offset this known bug for a month and a half.

Of course, the "no experience for an experience mission" is still there too, so many times we lose agents and get nothing.
  19. Bobokin Augur

Stop whining and asking for easy mode ... only boxers and raiders get stuff fixed! :confused:
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Where's the cheese?
    Bobokin likes this.