Quitting Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FolgersFist, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Lemerian Elder

I see the problem. You were looking for wrappers, not warpers.
  2. Gheed Is not reading your response

You aren't a real person, right?
  3. Neceros New Member

you keep saying this and you are still wrong
  4. Xondor Lorekeeper

TLP gets a few weeks into PoP and people feel like quitting, more news at 10
  5. Hirbow Augur

I agree 100 % Machen. Not only have people been exposed to a TLP with insta-loot gratification ''pay for items'' pretty much by trading infinite plat for items. But if there's ever a new TLP created, the economy will already start drastically skewed. People will log in with hundreds and thousands of kronos on a brand new server made from a completely different rule set - thus automatically putting people that have never played on those Free trade servers at a big disadvantage for the brand new server.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with this mess on a new server anymore.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

I wonder if they will tone down the quantity of loot once we get closer to a new TLP in order to encourage people to play on it. Also, aren't there a few expansions where random won't really matter? LDoN, DoN, etc?
  7. Machen New Member

It will still matter on ldon. People on normal TLP's only do about half the ldon raids, because the other half drop trash. With random, if it's fully random across all ldon raids, you'd be able to do the other half people don't ever do. On the other than, some of those are harder than the ones people do normally do...

With DoN, really depends how they do it. If they randomize all the raid loot across all the raid content, well, you will have a bunch of 12 cap and 24 cap raids that could drop vish loot (and of course vice versa). If they randomize it so that only the 54 cap raids are in the highest bucket, you'd still have vishimtar loot being dropped by Tirranun, who is a joke and usually skipped by guilds because he drops trash. But probably this would be fairly irrelevant -- guilds would just do all 5 dragons each week instead of only 2 or 4.
  8. Pappasalt Augur

Most of the "what content are we gonna do" is irrelevant at that point. DoN can be done easily in 1-2 raid days. GoD, OoW, DoN...all have a severe lack of raid content that you wont really have to "decide" what to do.
  9. JeffHanson Augur

[IMG]
    Jubilee likes this.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Who's ever going to join a server without free trade after playing on one? :rolleyes:
    I do like the sound of that infinite plat and yes coming to a server with even 150 krono gives you an advantage like no other.

Best thing about free trade was I spent next to nothing buying cool gear and our traders kept running out of bag space due to much loot to sell from all the activity.

In the end it's just a game have fun, I already left mischief dumped a few hundred krono to friends and perhaps the next server will be faster experience as I can't stomach slow experience anymore.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

I hope not. Every step is just one closer to /testbuff.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Sure sure faster experience will ruin us all. :rolleyes:
    That same thinking was holding back EQ with no to allowing more people to access content (AOCs), no to a free trade TLP, no to a host of things they changed.

Maybe I'll get everyone to join FV where we can sit at 50 to 65 and just play old content for fun now that live as AOCs I hear.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

The agents of change were about using less resources on their side for more players. This maximized subs while minimizing resources used. Free trade is good as a one off but as a whole it would be probably cost more players than it created. Same goes for the 2x - 5x loot of random. Same went for the super fast exp of Selo's.

Lots of things work as one offs, but wouldn't be good for the game if they were every server.
  14. jeskola pheerie

/Testbuff gets you to level 25...
  15. Gnothappening Augur

Yeah, not sure what the thing was called on Miragul, but I used /testbuff as an example.
  16. Elite_raider Augur

You are so clueless, Selos failed due to the fast unlocks, it had nothing to do with the fast XP. Your version of reality is truly your own fantasy world from what you are posting on these boards.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

Oh hello breadline raider. Good to see you are still around.
  18. AngryKing Elder

Why are you so afraid of change?
  19. Gnothappening Augur

Because 90% of the messages wanting "change" on the boards are about making the game easier and less of a challenge. I think Machen is one of the few who has been asking for it to be made harder. I agree. I would love to see something like an hidden AA that turns off in some expansion that makes us do like 50% less damage. Sadly, over the last 20 years the trend in gaming has gone more and more to either pay to win, or make it so easy that everyone gets their participation trophy. That is one reason why PVP is popular in other games, because at least with PVP there is a chance of a challenge.
  20. AngryKing Elder

Making a game easier and more accessible isn't always a bad thing especially 2 decades later, but masochist gonna masochist.