Overseer woes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eteract, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Eteract Journeyman

Tunare and Kele simply refuse to refresh. I've retired every duplicate above common level and this has done nothing for them. I tried doing a search for overseer on the forums and the only return I get is "tol is a disappointment" for several pages of search results so that was no real help. I've logged out, restarted my comp, tried logging in different characters and nothing works. Is there an obvious secret I'm missing to allow me to use them again or is this a known broke feature?
  2. Gorg00 Augur

3. Bobokin Augur

Nanilu and Claan like this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im 100% agree with you this is annoying when i cant do some of the uncommon quests.

Andarriel
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My overseer xp is greatly reduced, as pretty much every rare and elite agent I own is "incapacitated" atm.
    "Release quests" are still working though, so you might get lucky with some of them. But that is not enough to keep overseer functional for much longer.

I think our only choice is to wait it out and hope the next patch will fix it. It is already marked as "fixed internally", so January patch is a realistic timeframe if I understand correctly.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

In the early days of EQ, when there was a bug that affected everyone, they would bring the servers down and patch just as soon as they had a fix. None of this waiting until the next scheduled patch nonsense. It sucked sometimes because it always seemed like there was a patch going on, but I'd much rather deal with a little extra downtime to fix a major bug than their current "keep to a schedule" philosophy that makes players go for weeks with an unplayable aspect of the game.
    Claan, Fenthen and Andarriel like this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Your search-fu needs serious help ;)
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Face it, with the crowd on these forums, those who live outside the western hemisphere, or work odd shifts, would raise a stink. The devs can't win when it comes to downtimes.
    Wdor, Claan, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Fixed.
    Claan and Nennius like this.
  10. Bobokin Augur

They could patch it in Prime Time as far as I am concerned. Just tell us when, and fix it.
    Wdor, Claan and Nennius like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

In the case of fixing a major bug that affects everyone, worrying more about complaints from a small group of players over doing what's best for the health of the game is game development malpractice. The devs should be ashamed of themselves for forcing players to deal with this bug for WEEKS while they go on vacation.
    Bobokin likes this.
  12. Yteran Lorekeeper

I'm having zero problems using overseer personally, so it isn't affecting everyone.

Not sure if this is an issue that only affects iconics or what, but I have quite a few rares and they are all usable, and when they get incapacitated, one recovery mission brings them back. I use overseer daily to farm tetradrachms, so it's not like I have a small sample size.

Maybe the exp is lower than it was, but if so, who cares? Any of you actually working on XP right now are in the new content and have access to all of those partisan/mercenary quests. Shouldn't be difficult for you to reach 120.

Me personally, I'm capped at 99.999% level 110 and I don't buy expansions because I'm group-geared and have no intention of ever raiding in this game ever again. Nothing is tuned for group gear players these days, so I just hang out in the free expansions.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Micker Augur

I agree that they should have a smaller patch for some important issues right now. Forgetting to include the RoS auto grant AA is inexcusable. That isn't something small for many people, that's a big deal. The Overseer issue etc, should have been patched, when they were having those connection issues a little while ago. They need to take the servers down for a few hours and patch these.
    Andarriel, Claan and Bobokin like this.
  14. Spacemonkey555 Augur

That’s.. not interesting or relevant. You might as well mention that it also doesn’t affect people who don’t play EQ at all.
    Wdor, Coagagin and Bobokin like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Why did you skip the two paragraphs in the middle of his post? He usefully described how using recovery quests helped. Last night I was chatting with some folks who regularly skipped the recovery quests. When I mentioned them an "AHA!" moment happened.

Not everyone understands Overseer as well as some of us do. I have also encountered several folks who have just never tried using Overseer and when they heard how much experience you can gain from it they started using it. Sharing information and positive experiences in the game is a good thing. Even if it is repetitive for some.
    Celephane and Bobokin like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Now if they would just offer some recovery quests on one of my accounts, I'd be all set.

Oh, and stop having recovery quest agents be eligible for incapacitation. Seriously? LOL!
    Wdor and Bobokin like this.
  17. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Because I was responding to the part I quoted? Blog post about not paying for the game so quality can be lacking isn’t relevant to overseer bugs, and he was incorrect anyways, as he claimed the bug didn’t affect him yet he was having to run recoveries that usually aren’t necessary at all.
    Wdor, Coagagin and Bobokin like this.
  18. Bobokin Augur

Most players know how recover missions are supposed to work, but they are not showing incapacitated agents. Agents should have come back on their own but they didn't. They show they are there, but they are unavailable when asked to do anything. They are acting like teenage kids on weekends.
    tanith likes this.
  19. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

For recovery quests to be useful, they have to be offered. Which doesn't always happen. And since it is the iconic rares and elites being incapacitated that are the biggest problem, you also have to be offered rare or elite recovery quests. A common recovery quest isn't going to do you much good when you have common agents incapacitated that you don't really need to recover, but the system prioritizes them when you click on the reward to "Recovery Agent". And, the type of incapacity can matter.
    Claan likes this.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If it was some overseer exploit servers would of been brought down right away! there no excuse to not bring down the servers for a few hours to fix this and to put the autogrant RoS into the game. So there gonna make us wait another month?
    Coagagin, Nennius and Claan like this.