Luclin Barberry - rarity - across our 52+ players we have seen maybe 5 in two weeks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xslia, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Xslia Elder

Is this item supposed to be this rare? Across our guild and raid force - people have barely collected 10 if we pool them. Is there somewhere we need to be sitting and farming for these?
    Paladin, Varillian, Ryhme and 5 others like this.
  2. Duder Augur

Logs or it didn't happen. It's rare, but not that rare. I have 10 from doing progression on 1 char.
    Proximoe likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

I got 1 from all mercs/partisan/missions + 13 names.
    Paladin likes this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea tradeskill stuff in this expansion need adjusted. last expansion i was making new items not this expansion to rare and expensive. i was buy ts diamonds for 10k last expansion and right now there still over 100k per plus (garnet are the new diamond ts wise in this expansion) just waiting and hoping otherwise just gonna keep making sell stuff from last expansion.

Andarriel
  5. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

The droprate of TS-materials is at least in ME and UP very low, while poison stuff, bloodied vegetables, blood-tainted water and chokeberries can be foraged en masse even by a bard.
    Wdor likes this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea the forage drop rate is good just the mob drops seem to be lower than they should.

Andarriel
  7. Warpeace Augur

Needs to be a foraged item.

I only have Bloodfalls left for progression and collected a whopping 6? I don't expect them to rain from the sky but its a berry...it should be foraged as its primary means of collecting and also occasionally found on mobs.
  8. Ryhme Lorekeeper

I have done all partisan/mercenary and have collected all in all 3 Barberry. Some things in this xpac is really messed up. This is stuff for sustainable items. This makes it completely useless.
  9. FrozenWater Augur

10. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

these havent been too terrible for me, but i suspect like other components you have to be finding them from the right npcs.

i've witnessed about 50 drops, but 70% were from akhevans, the remainder from vampire types with a few miscellaneous shak dathors thrown in for good measure.
  11. Drakang Augur

Yes so far this is much more rare than the Honeyberries from COV. I have my whole guild sending me their haul at times to try and stock up our guild bank with food and drink and its much slower.
  12. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

It seems like this only drops from certain mobs. I suspect like the garnets which appear to have better drops from certain mobs, people just aren't killing the right things in quantity. Silks do seem to not have the improved drop chance that was added last expansion to make up for their 8 to 1 combine ratio though.
  13. HeatherPurrs Augur

Two weeks huh? Man you may not max out for another week or so!
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  14. Mukkul Augur

Your name is already attached to your post on the left and bottom, you don't need to keep repeating it in the body of every single post you write.
    Wdor, Duder and Act of Valor like this.
  15. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I have 8 of them. I didn't keep track which mob they dropped off.
  16. Elemental Augur

I have 25+ so far
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is my thought too. Racing to the top is folly - these same people then complain that there's not enough to do, this expansion was too small, EverQuest is doing down the drain, woe is me.....

Calm yourselves, min/maxers.
    Wdor and Nennius like this.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

apples and oranges
    Barberry is not content suitable to fill a year with.
    tanith likes this.
  19. Axxius Augur

9 here, from all quests and missions (repeated many times) and camping Hunters in all ToL zones:
    Code:
    a Luclin Barberry from Aten Ha Ra's corpse.--
    a Luclin Barberry from a chanting Centi's corpse.--
    a Luclin Barberry from Centi Atulus's corpse.--
    a Luclin Barberry from a chanting Centi's corpse.--
    a Luclin Barberry from Gel`Temariel Centi's corpse.--
    a Luclin Barberry from Fer`Temariel Centi's corpse.--
    a Luclin Barberry from Thall Tetoracu Liako's corpse.--
    a Luclin Barberry from a shak dathor keeper's corpse.--
    a Luclin Barberry from Kela Xin Dabo's corpse.--
    As you can see, they drop from Akhevans and Tegi (aliens) in any ToL zones, including missions.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Up to 4 now, but only because I was in groups where the others werent rolling on them.