What to add to SK/Mage on live...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Myuriko, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Myuriko New Member

Adding two more to the SK and Mage on live, wondering what would be the best route to go...melee or caster or some combo? I was thinking -

SK/Mage/Bard/Shaman OR

SK/Mage/Druid/Chanter

But I am open to other suggestions. Want the added boxes to be relatively easy.
  2. Polarex New Member

Both seem solid. I run a sk/shm/mage/bard/zerker with a healer merc (i forget to heal) and it works pretty well. i've talked to a few people who use a druid but they dont really heal with it but use it as a dps. With an sk/bard you will get good dps for sk and mage pet.

If you want to go caster group which is easier i would go with your first idea and just add a second mage for a solid 5box with healer merc. it will be a pretty well rounded group. Though thats just my opinion and many will offer other ideas
    Shindius likes this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Chanter is great, but you can get chanter buffs elsewhere. Bard buffs require a bard. Also bard can /melody meaning you need very little input when you have a SK with so much aggro. Bard is probably the better choice.

SHM is better aDPS than DRU, but DRU would give you ports. Having port, campfire and CoH makes life a lot easier for a boxer. I think that is a question of what you want more in your group. SHM aDPS and slow, or druid ports with a bit more healing and forage available if needed.

As for other suggestions, anything that is easy for you to box. Ranger, Zerker, rogue, all would be good DPS. The advantage of SHM/DRU is you are not merc dependent for healing, but there is almost nothing you edit: can't use a merc for need a merc for. I think the net result of the aDPS of a SHM, with slows and backup heals, would be more worth it than having another DPS, edit: unless you want to just autoattack/autofire which you can't do with a SHM, though hotkeys with proper pauses are very effective.
  4. Myuriko New Member

Thanks for the input! If the bard is irreplaceable I guess I could do bard instead of enchanter so it would end up -

-SK, Druid, Mage, Bard.

Luxury travel group with selo's, COH, and ports lol.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Bard plus one of

Mage, berserker, druid, shaman, beastlord.

If you're looking for easy, I'd recommend bard and mage.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Aye, bard-mage.
  7. Micker Augur

Sk, shaman, bard, mage. Add a rogue or zerker and you have a great group.