tol is a dissapointment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mblache, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Bro, you’re killing me with this catch phrase. It’s like you’re so proud of yourself for sounding so clever. Please make this your catch phrase like some stupid comedy.

Again, EQ doesn’t have the player base or design structure to support the demands of group based quest progression.
    Wdor, Skuz and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  2. Alnitak Augur

Again, you are wrong. Everybody in my guild (non-raiding) does group progression every expansion. Some lead, some follow, but nobody is just stuck behind.
    Nennius and Cicelee like this.
  3. Tappin Augur

If you qualify logging into discord to check for task adds, as not being left behind lol. Lets pay for a game, but not actually play it.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Cool, anecdote.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

In my guild we work together and help each other. We are not alone in that. Time for a new catchphrase...

"No Guildie Left Behind"
    Wdor and Alnitak like this.
  6. Alnitak Augur

Newsflash, many of the people in my guild do not use Discord. Myself including.
    You know, sometimes "/gu Anybody doing the progression I can tag along?" is enough to be invited and enjoy the group game.
    Wdor likes this.
  7. Tappin Augur

What is the difference from logging into discord or POK/GH and doing the same thing? I don't pay for game not to play it. Maybe that's fun for some, but not me.
    Wdor and Skuz like this.
  8. Alnitak Augur

Well, then PLAY it, do the progression, do the missions, collect the shinies, click on Overseer tasks, grind the mobs. Do it all, not just mindlessly stay in a corner killing trash.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

I don't use Discord, Twitter, Facebook, etc. I do use LinkedIn. Go figure. We talk in guildchat and on our guild website. Oddly, several of us are friends in RL and actually, and get ready to be shocked, talk on the phone. Archaic I know, but we are friends.

In truth, guilds work better when folks communicate instead of just logging in and leading parallel EQ lives. The method of communication is up to the people involved. The point is to actually communicate.
    Wdor likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

30 or 40 hours doesn't sound like you have a good handle on the time.
    Treage_Imminent, Skuz and Skrab like this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm no its hilarious that you exclude anything that makes the time it take seem like a lot more.

But I get it you were talking under ideal conditions.... sadly many of us don't play under ideal conditions.
    Skuz and Skrab like this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Incorrect. Many of those who grind exp do eventually do the missions after leveling. In the past this wasn't as onerous as it is now. People could level up gear up as much as possible then do the misisons.

So no one is necessarily missing content. But I get how it works for your argument. More straw man crap.
    Skuz and Skrab like this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

My two main characters are about to ding 119!!! Having fun along the way.

Happy Holidays

The journey can be fun.
    Wdor likes this.
  14. Gorg00 Augur

Well, I have 11 characters that are 120, so maybe I do have a pretty good handle on the time.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And yet maybe not since I doubt you leveled them all via grinding.
    Wdor and Skuz like this.
  16. Alnitak Augur

Well, 8000 mobs (to gain 400% of exp) in 40 hours means about 3.3 mobs per minute. At 50 million HP per mob that's about 2.35 million group dps. And it also means a camp with 22 mobs to clear every 6.5 minutes (respawn time in ToL trash zones)
    With Lesson or equivalent exp potion (there was no bonus periods yet) that could be 11 mobs camp clear every 6.5 minutes. With enchanter Learning aura (hello? Dps reduction?) that is a 10-mob camp clear every 6.5 minutes.

Well, 2.35mil group dps continuosly for 40 hours is tough to achieve, definitely raid-level weapons and spells as well as all needed AA's at 115.
    Definitely an exemplary group, no realistic for casuals.

Let's settle on 60-80 hour grind in a good group, not just Elite raiders (CoV raid weapons are about 25-30 % more dps than group versions)
  17. code-zero Augur

I've concluded that any devs reading threads like this are likely thinking that everything is working exactly as it should be.
    Wdor and Fenthen like this.
  18. Gorg00 Augur

I leveled 10 of them via 4 Hero Missions + Grinding, the first one I did 2 Heros, and 3 zones of quests before grinding to 120. You're welcome to come onto Bertox and compare achievements on them and see they have none of the quest achievements done if you don't believe me.
  19. Tappin Augur

The people who post here are not representative of the game. I doubt they use much of (or any) of data here.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. sieger Augur

I leveled to 120 in a group with him at launch, I can assure you he does not play in "ideal" conditions. Some people here seem to be suggesting the game should be built around people who:

- Do less DPS in a group (presumably of their boxes + mercs, I don't know) than a single regular DPS character player appropriately
    - Want to play no more than 30-120 minutes per day
    - Do not want to do any content whatsoever unless it is grinding mobs (probably in pre-ToL zones)

And...want to level.."faster." Okay, how much faster? At what point is maybe balancing around the people who aren't that into EQ make less sense, if someone plays that little why does it bother them to take 3 weeks to level? I don't even know what they're leveling for in the first place if they are so opposed to doing all the content. But anyway, the core issue is if the game was made so people like that could literally level up in a few evenings of 30 minute sessions, the rest of us would be playing expansions that were completed so fast as to be almost not worth playing, aside from eventually doing the raid content.

There's nothing wrong with being casual, but I think it is wrong to think the game is "bad" because you can't max a character out within 3 weeks of launch by putting in minimal effort.
    Wdor, Szilent and code-zero like this.