Christmas > New Year XP Bonus?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rumm, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Rumm New Member

Will we be getting a special benefit of any kind for Christmas and/or New Year? With so many people at home due to shutdowns, it'd be a great "thank you" to the online gaming community.
  2. Iven Antonius Bayle

You do not have to be at home. Go outside and do whatever YOU want.
    Tatanka likes this.
  3. Rumm New Member

It's winter here, so streaking has to be kept at a minimum...See, I can do whatever I want. Luckily, I'm content to play Everquest.
    Coagagin, Bobokin, Herf and 1 other person like this.
  4. Riou EQResource

Probably the same thing as the last few years, 50% rares and 20% marketplace discount (possibly instead of 10% members only)
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Speaking only for myself, I am hoping that my incapacitated Overseer agents will begin to be cured. That would be a nice treat for them and for me. Thank you to Santa in advance.
  6. MmmmBop Wise Troll

That's a Christmas miracle wish I can get behind!
    -----Cinexa----- and Nennius like this.
  7. Pleides Ranger of Fellowship Of Justice. EMarr

Casual players would like an XP bonus also please !
  8. Shaiken Journeyman

I wish that was true. I ended up getting covid19, and was even hospitalized for it (I've only just got out of the hospital as well). I never want to go outside or face to face interact with people again. I have no idea how long it will even take to get back to how I normally feel day to day. Trauma sucks like that. I never want to get sick like I was again.

I can completely understand why some others are locking themselves down at home from this too. It isn't fun at all and for some people it is a death sentence.

Some double exp for the holiday would brighten my mood, that is for sure :)
    Bobokin, Herf and Nennius like this.
  9. Iven Antonius Bayle

Everything is because of Covid19 today. Broken bones, getting poisoned, pneumonia, flu, car accidents.
    Coagagin and Micker like this.
  10. Nanilu Journeyman

Oh yes, please Santa!
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think they dont like giving an xp bonus at the start of a leveling expansion.
  12. Bobokin Augur

A lot of pneumonia to be sure, but what is your point? Do you believe Covid is a hoax? Should it be taken lightly and used for whimsical or facetious comments?

Covid took my family members, a neighbor, a coworker, my insurance agent, and a well known dear friend in Everquest. It also put many people I know into the hospital, and some will have chronic effects for years. Some of them had believed the political rhetoric that you espouse, and it cost them dearly - some paying the ultimate price.

Yeah, it is so funny to read comments like yours here and in general chat in the game. It is funny until you watch someone die, see them with tubes coming out of their bodies in a hospital bed, or have to help them to the bathroom for months.

Please, take that political nonsense elsewhere.
  13. Bobokin Augur

We do a "frosty dash" in the winter here. It is good for the body to take a temperature shock.
  14. Bobokin Augur

Daybreak rarely does XP bonuses so close to the release of an expac.

A big time sale in the DB Store and in game sweeteners would make for a joyous holiday.
  15. Iven Antonius Bayle

Just as I wrote, everything is because of Covid19 today. Thx for adding more examples and merry christmas to you.
    Tatanka likes this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Dear Santa, please double rare spawns next week. I need to get my hunting on.
    Fenthen and Bobokin like this.
  17. Bobokin Augur

Just because you don't understand the science, does not mean the science isn't valid. None of these deaths were caused by broken bones, getting poisoned, flu, or car accidents, and no one I know has been diagnosed with Covid when they went in with broken bones, getting poisoned, flu, or trauma from a car accident.

People have varying levels of comorbidity. That is, they are more or less likely to become seriously ill, hospitalized, or die from Covid based on prior health conditions, but the same can be said for the flu, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, cystic fibrosis, or many other conditions or infections. Do you believe that all of those conditions are overblown?
  18. Mukkul Augur

The poster just said they were seriously ill and hospitalized with covid. And in response you make light of it, like it's some joke to you. Your willful ignorance and garbage attitude do not contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion.
    Treage_Imminent and Bobokin like this.
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Dont forget cancer and heart attacks!

Andarriel
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Same, but then I realized that ToL hunters is so darn easy, took me about an hour and a half for Ka Vethan nameds.