AA Suggestion: Teleport Bind 2 and Teleport Bind 3

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iuwene, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Iuwene Augur

Druids and Wizzard have the Teleport Bind AA, that teleports the whole group to the porters own primary bind point.

Any chance we can get similar AAs for our secondary and tertiary bind points as well ?

As the code for it is obviously already in game it should not be too complicated to implement.
    Laurana, tanith, Rondor and 18 others like this.
  2. Rawckett New Member

That'd be sweet
    Andarriel and Bigstomp like this.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

Where is the "love" button? I'd love to have this feature.
    Rondor, Andarriel and Angahran like this.
  4. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

i wouldn't mind an AETL to the casters bind personally
    Kalvenie and Yinla like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

Being able to either send someone to 2nd or 3rd bind, or port the group would be great!

And just for fun, how about Teleport: Random ? A fast casting, low mana 'or crap it's hit the fan and I've got no mana' spell that sends each member of your group... somewhere.
    Karreck, Andarriel and Bigstomp like this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Translocate bind would be nice too.
    Fanra likes this.
  7. sdeco Lorekeeper

This would be extremely useful!
  8. Vizier Augur

Sure would be nice. Add it to the list. Im sure theyll get right on it by oh... maybe next December.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is something that has been asked for for years. We were always told it needed code despite having the port group to bind.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Code supporting group port to primary bind doesn't mean that it also supports going to other bind points.
  11. Iuwene Augur

Well, it should, at least in any reasonable programming environment. I would imagine that there is some code function:

void teleportGroup (Destination destination)
    { // do some magic stuff
    }
    Just call that function with a different destination.

I rather think it would be a problem to find space for new AAs. I rember the devs said once that they had a serious problems implementing new AAs, as the tables for them were so screwed.

Maybe with 64bit this restriction will fade away, too. Just let's hope.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm ok with it being spells if necessary.
  13. Dre. Altoholic

Alternatively, an ability that swaps primary/secondary bind.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Great. Can also have it toggle Primary/Secondary/Tertiary.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

64 bit code won't change the fact that we are still working with code that is 25 or so years old. I am sure a lot of things would be easier if it wasn't for the code base being so old and having updates for so long.
  16. DeadRagarr Augur

Would be nice. More teleport ability for us Wizards for current era is nice.
  17. Angahran Augur

What's the big deal about working with 25 year old code ?
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Lack of documentation?
  19. Mookus Augur

Wizard and Druids have suggested and asked for this for many years. Imo, the devs owe it to us to implement this as compensation for the myriad ways they have actively eroded porting as an aspect of these classes.

Instead we get a teleportation keyring for everyone, this is how they address teleportation. Wizards and druids are a distant third in their thought process.

And don’t get me started on how campfires can be placed anywhere but I can’t bind hardly anywhere.

A screw it, only coh matters anymore.
    Yinla and Naugrin like this.
  20. Naugrin Augur

As yinla said, we've asked for years...literally lol.
    Yinla likes this.