[ToL] Abnormal mob hp levels?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by drewdy, Dec 20, 2021.

1. drewdy New Member

Not sure if this is a bug or not so I figured I'd post here to get the masses' opinions instead of bug forums. I'm finding certain mobs have named-level hp and sometimes hit abnormally hard. I'm not far enuogh into the expansion to know about other places, but specifically I'm seeing it on 'a luclin warder' and 'a well-fed rockbreaker' in ME, and the shades in the western part of KV below seem far worse than other shades in zone.

Is this a bug or is there a lore reason I haven't gotten to yet?
  2. drewdy New Member

I guess it didn't like my image sorry. From the ME zonein if you take the first right in KV, the next room at the end of the hall where it elbows is where I find stronger shades
  3. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

At least since TOV there's been a mob with an abnormal amount of hp's. In TOV we had a reinforced giant in Eastern Wastes . They had a little over 50 million hp's. Average trash mob in tier 1 was around 20 million and the trash in tier 2 was a little over 30million.

COV we had a dracoliche in Dragon Necropolis . They have about 120 million hp's . Trash in tier 1 were around 30-32 million. Trash in tier 2 are around 40 million.

It's a trend. Which I like. It's fun going after mobs that are a little tougher.
    drewdy likes this.
  4. Jeebs New Member

The giants in EoK had significantly more hit points than other mobs. Golems too, iirc.
    RPoo likes this.
  5. Lurikeen Journeyman

ME, back in the day, had tough yard trash. Perhaps they are continuing with that?
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Golems and giants always seem to have alot more hp. I noticed this when i was doing EoK hunter hated to fight the golems had like twice what other mobs had if not more.

Andarriel
  7. Axxius Augur

Ever since the TDS expansion, there are 'large' mobs that have 3x more hp and give 3x more xp. 'Well-fed' gorangas in ME are the example of that.
    Quatr, Fanra and Andarriel like this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Kinda of like a well fed Galactus dont mess with him! haha

Andarriel
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Personally, trash fights are still too fast. But I guess I'll make do.../sigh
  10. Fian Augur

I have also observed that the luclin warders have abnormally high HP.
  11. Alnitak Augur

I was doing Partisan in ME and had to spawn a mob in that middle-bowl structure. While pulling the mob to a camp I accidentally proximity-aggroed a luclin warder (shade-looking mob patrolling the bowl structure in a circle path)

While average trash, including shades in ME have around 50 mil HP, that "a luclin warder" shade had 170 million HP, according to my parser, while not having an especially high dps or special attacks, comparing to a common shade.

It didn't drop anything of note, didn't give a triple-experience, didn't give some unusual faction hit. Just a triple-fat monster. No noticeable lore attached. I have no opinion about why DPG made those mobs extra-tough.
  12. Zarkdon Augur

I believe the reason they did this was to give necros a reason for existence in the group game. I’m a decent group a normal trash mob seems to die in 15-20 seconds. These longer fights last for long enough for dots to tick a few times.