ToFS (ToV) Keys and the Rallos Earring Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kalvenie, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Kalvenie Elder

Dev query - or anyone who can help.
    The introduction of the Key achievement appears to have updated how key's are stored.

The ToFS keys ahve a lore description: "Once activated this key is saved as part of the achievement, removing the need for you to physically store the key".

First quesiton - do the keys auto-disappear upon first usage?
    Second question - for the Earring quest where keys are needed, does that mean having to collect the key again in order to progress it, if you are looking to complete the quest after already doing progression in ToFS zone?

I believe you could preloot/ complete keys previously and still get the update.

Either way, just looking for clarity on the mechanism here. I dont' want to click and lose a key if it's needed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Alnitak Augur

Keys do not disappear when first used, you still have them in your inventory, although they may go on your keyring.

For the Earring quest - you not need the actual key in your inventory, you need to go through the floor mirror to get the flag, or if you already have gone through the mirror when the quest is received you will have that step marked as completed (for the floors you have done it).

In simpler terms - when you get the quest for those keys you have looted before and have it in your inventory - the quest steps are marked as done.
    If you do not have an actual key (destroyed before or it is on your keyring), but have activated it before - you may need to go the the proper mirror and click through that to have the quest step updated, you do not need to loot that key again.
    Kalvenie and Fanra like this.
  3. Kalvenie Elder

Thank you! Concerns elayed :)
    (The keys have disappeared from my inventory - I don't recall destroying them...)
  4. Szilent Augur

also, this isn't true. nothing's changed about getting or using or "storing" or whatever with keys
  5. Rondor Augur

With the new key system, most of the used-at-least once (soulbound) keys will indeed auto-poof. They will not auto-poof if they are in your bank or in a house. But the moment you take them out of a house/bank, if they are now marked in the /keys achievement, they will indeed auto-poof/disappear.

Certain ones in /keys don't disappear like the Ring of the Shissar item or the Fabled version of it. But most of the rest will indeed poof if you take them out of the bank or if they were in your inventory when you next logged in after the key system changed in the recent patch.

If you had not yet used the keys then they'll stick around until you use them once.

[Edited 2021-12-24 to include "or the Fabled version of it" in the text above, that was missing.]
    Eaiana and Kalvenie like this.
  6. Kalvenie Elder

See above.
  7. Kalvenie Elder

Really good to know! Thank you.
  8. Rondor Augur

(Minor edit to my post above; I had not finished writing "...like the Ring of the Shissar item or the Fabled version of it "; now edited in-place above!)
    Kalvenie and Eaiana like this.