Not A Bug Fair warning was given about PvP(Zek) getting worse..

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sokon, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Sokon Augur

Several months back, I took the time to write up as best I could in several threads(Zek Rising!!! and the recruitment thread for Chaotic Entry, (Veteran's Lounge and Recruitment section)) including a bug report here previously how player damage on many classes and abilties, spells, dots or melee attacks can far exceed 40% of a players life.

The bug report was immediately closed as not a bug and I fully expect this one to be as well.

However, is 150% of my health now enough? This one was a dot that now functions as a nuke and never even has to tick... instant damage on cast because this dot has a nuke component on hit and it does 600k+ damage..

[IMG]

Again, there is a lengthy write up on how to address this as well as multiple tickets through the customer service route as my forum access was banned for my efforts to have PvP in Everquest addressed. Again, the appropriate thing to do is not to spend god-who-knows-how-many-manhours on each ability and making it appropriate for PvP.

No, the Appropriate thing to do is put in a reduction of all damage across the boards, a reduction of more than 50%(to upwards of maybe even 90%) of everything in PvP

You tell me. Is this enough damage you can take instantly with a 2 second(with reductions) and near instant cast time?

Is it bad enough yet? cause it is only going to get worse as player damage increases much more so than health pool. Exponentially worse, each expansion.

Many classes can kill instantly or near instantly with many stacked skills, this one was just an outrageous example that I used. But if you change one spell or dot or just one thing, well that is going to cause you a headache, cause then more and more and more, one by one by one requests will come in...

is it bad enough yet? This is just ONE example. Not calling for changes on one ability specifically but all of them with a flat rate, otherwise it's never manageable or balancable. There needs to be a straight flat cut across the boards, of a significant amount.

Or maybe everyone on Zek will just play Necros now, cause they have the MOST OP thing for instant kills this expansion...

Thanks for your time!!!
  2. Thundersnake Elder

I think it might need to be said, the PvP in this game hasn't been a priority for more than 10 years, the development time they have resources for is already stretched to breaking point just fixing the PvE side of the game. Not sure if they have separate teams for TLP but I'd imagine they spend just as much time patching exploits and such for TLP servers. Reality is I don't think you can expect any development time to fix issues that only effect <1% of the total population.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So I was curious and looked thru your old posts. I see the 7 page post about Zek Rising that was started in Feb 2021 and ran thru July 2021 and is still open so could not have been the cause of your forum ban.

I also still see your posts in bug reports. So again not reason for your ban. And devs gave you your answers when they closed those threads.

There are quite a few unfavorable posts about the guild you are associated to

Bottom line:

No need to keep making lengthy write ups or submitting tickets on how to address this as (see above) the devs have answered you and stated it is not a bug and no fix is planned.

While your dogged persistence for this subject certainly shows your feelings it also is more likely the continued posting on something that has clearly been answered and is not open for further discussion that could be a reason for banning. And if you bump threads, which you did in a couple, can also be a reason.

Your conclusion that your efforts efforts to have PvP in Everquest addressed are the reason for your ban are lopsided, PVP has been addressed many times in live interviews and on these forums.

Good luck
  4. Yteran Lorekeeper

If caster is player
    And spell is detrimental
    And target is player
    Then reduce effect by 90%
    Else 100% effect

Sounds like it would take up a lot of development resources, you're right
  5. Sokon Augur

I fully agree, it is not appropriate to ever balance the game for PvP.

What they need to do is always balance for PVE, remove any "PVE only" flagged abilities so everything works in PvP and then put a flat reduction of ALL damage across the board if in PvP.

Since some damage hits for nearly 150% of anyone's life, a straight reduction of more than 50% of all damage, atleast is necesarry.

All skills, spell data etc must be on or managed through an Excel spreadsheet, how hard is it to copy/paste one number into a column of all damage abilities?

Looking at every ability for every class is a ridiculous task to try to take on. And also solving or changing one spell or disc at a time would be an endless battle.

Always balance for PVE. Flat reduction of everything in PvP and then only worry about adjusting that flat reduction over time as all damage continues to increase much more than player health pool does.

Shouldn't take that much time at all. If they can't add one number to all abilities at once and aren't managing all the data through Excel.... have their next intern spend dozens of hours typing the same thing thousands of times for all abilities... lol

You shouldn't be able to hit someone for 600,000 damage with a 2 second recast... The recent Necro Pyre does this. But requesting that be changed, as OP as it is, is just the most blatantly OP thing right now, changing just that is not the solution. It's just more obvious something needs to be done.

But many damage abilities of many classes have been exceedingly high for awhile. Now it's just stupid ridiculous. It's been harder and harder and harder each expansion to feasibly fight several classes for me now. This expac it's near impossible for some

So for example this Necro dot, doesn't even have to tick. It has a nuke on land component and so it always hits for that amount of damage, instantly. unless you resist it, which that same line was much more resistable last expansion but lands more frequently now

But then again, Druids also have a dot that one ticks, but the nuke component on cast doesn't do much damage, so if you gate near immediately depending on server tick time you can atleast survive it. It was stupid out of balance all last expansion too and still stupid out of wack. Necro pyre is just 50% stupider than Druid one tick dots were last expac

It really just disincentivises people like me, who would like to have atleast a fighting chance... you know, 27 expansions into the game and 50,000 AA and all these achieves

It's all meaningless progression in PvP because player damage across the board is way too high and has been for many expansions.

The solution is a flat reduction of everthing, and never managing one ability or spell at a time. Everything should always be balanced for PvE. For PvP, put in a flat reduction of everything. It should be a simple task, just depends how they can apply it or are managing the data.
  6. Sokon Augur

When you get a forum suspension. You get a message, which gives the exact reason why the ban occurred. That message went to my mailbox. AND, believe or not, I read it. lol

Thanks though!

As far as this not being open for discussion, I find that funny as we are discussing it.

There should be a simple address to PvP damage, not a continued monitoring or adjusting ability by ability by ability. That isn't a feasible thing to do, to keep doing, or to manage.

But, in a few more years there will just be more and more and more OP abilities in PvP. Some day clerics and shaman will be one shotting people with 2 handers if some kind of reduction isn't put in.

I'm sure you have looked at raid parses before right? 1 approaching 2 million damage per second on burns? For 60 seconds. Well... when you player characters have half that much health... maybe some type of reduction across the boards makes sense, if it can be applied.

It definitely warrants a reduction if one is feasible to apply with few man hours or upkeep. Looking at Lucy Spell data it sure seems to me just adding a few numbers in all slots for all abilities would be able to fix it but.... well maybe there isn't.

Dragon Glyph works on flat reduction of everything and adds some other stats but I am under the assumption that a flat reduction of everything in PvP, could be quite easily put in place.

I know for certain a flat reduction of all damage in PvP would make Zek a better place but as for these forums, I'm afraid they don't have any hope!
  7. Qimble Augur

Toons have been able to 1 shot people with some abilities since PoP. The problem may be getting worse, but it's not new and they're not gonna do anything about it.
    Fenthen likes this.