Login server down??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Dec 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenona Journeyman

2. Arazmus New Member

It's back up, y'all.
  3. Drakang Augur

Its back up
  4. Pops Racer Olde Faht

I just logged in. Looks like login server is working again.
  5. Pops Racer Olde Faht

6. Matik New Member

Fixed like 15 minutes after someone posted about it. Did it take 4 hours for someone to be alerted, or 4 hours to find the issue? It's funny/sad that both are equally plausible.
    RIP_Login_Server and Herf like this.
  7. Risiko Augur

GO GO GO!!!!
  8. Ewaz of_E'ci Journeyman

I didnt think it would take them long to get it back up once they realized it was down. Too bad it took half the day before they were aware lol...
  9. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Y'all were all gathered around the login server too close, so the anti-camp radius kicked in.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As noted, logins are back up. Weird cascade of alerts failing that didn't get this seen. (I just noticed because I was logging in and sadface.)
  11. Ampere New Member

12. Nanilu Journeyman

CONFIRMED: Login server back up
  13. Axxius Augur

5 hours to fix a login issue in a game on a Sunday morning? Oh no! What a catastrophe! Any other business would have been firing people over that! LITERALLY!!! :mad:

Hey, random person who I've never met and probably never will. If you are employed, I hope your employer applies your own work standards to you.
    Kalvenie likes this.
  14. Ryhme Lorekeeper

I can login now....
    but with 2-3 tries and countless "an error has occured"...."your account cannot be validated"... incl. the usual kick to the last "LDoN" emergency place because DGB still is not able to simply pause the login a bit more until the instance is loaded... yay Everbug...
    But thanks for caring...
  15. PjDubski New Member

its back up
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The acting CEO of EG7 would have to fire himself. If Mepps only found out about it because he tried to log into the game then that tells you community relations isn't staffed for the weekend much like their support staff.

Hopefully, Mepps charges the time it took to make those two posts and the calls.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Dakanmer New Member

You are just a bundle of joy arent ya?
  18. Herf Augur

It's not a matter of community relations it's a matter of automatic alerts apparently failing.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Doesn’t seem like a successful strategy for an online game.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Yeah, read that. Not really relevant to what Shoots and I are discussing. Staffing is. I am not really surprised nobody is monitoring ops on the weekend. If I had to guess they probably have a revolving on call person for the weekends/holidays who gets the company phone those alerts are supposed to go to.
    Skrab and Herf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.