Insane Resists of new spells in older content suddenly?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darakar, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Darakar Lorekeeper

I am a raiding Druid on AB and I have noticed something weird in a lot of our ToV raids, after the new expansion came out. The ToL spells seem to be resisted in older content like crazy. I am spammed to death by Nightchill Aura resists on my spells when the old Icerend Aura barely got resisted.

Tenebrous Sunray gets resisted a ton more (even in old content) than I ever remember seein on other Sunrays.

And when I had to assist in healing due to lack of healer, I got a huge number of messages that my Abundant Healing would not stack on the Tank. I do not remember ever seeing that message when I was in heal mode before. Did DB change anything? Was the RNG just not with me on that last raid? Does anybody else have the same problems?

Beralion
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I'm not the parser, but our raid DPS was somehow slower tonight on COV raids, even though the raid team was now spread between 115-120 instead of all 115.
  3. Raccoo Augur

ToV was pretty resisty to cold spells. Might be that you had malo (or other cold resist debuffs) on more mobs before?

The reason abundant healing wouldn't take hold is someone else has upgraded their AA or are a level or higher than you. If a higher level casts a buff and you try to cast the same exact buff, their buff will block you. It's a really silly mechanic, which should be removed, or changed to overwrite only if the second buff is going to be a longer duration.
  4. Darakar Lorekeeper

I do not have any parses, but I got the same feeling. Things just feel weird.
  5. Darakar Lorekeeper

Icerend Aura is cold based, too, and I never really had issues landing that on my mobs in ToV or CoV...

Okay, that makes sense. Will see whether it goes away when I max AH again. Thanks for the info!
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Actually, I noticed that BOTH old (111) and new (116) Malo was somehow landing on the raid mobs; or at least appearing in the debuff window together.
  7. Igorath-Bertox Elder

Probably just a run of bad RNG luck. Although I'm having more gates becoming unstable and lower level spells failing on high level toons. Eh its just EQ i guess.
  8. Axxius Augur

Using 116-120 nukes at Rk1 without obtaining new ranks of focus AA will result in worse DPS than 111-115 nukes at Rk3 with focus AA.

Each rank of focus AA shows the list of spells covered by it. You need to get at least the first rank that includes new nukes before they are worth using over the old ones.

Also, the lack of type 3 augs.
    Svann2 likes this.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Raid leader explicitly called that out as the raids started, and instructed to use older spells; I dunno if everyone actually did that or not.