Agnarr -> GoD locked

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hibiki, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Chyron Lorekeeper

I would say, if the next TLP round had a level 70 locked server "Omens" (but through Prophecy of Ro), that would be the best route to take. A fresh server where people can be excited about a fresh start. At the point Gates of Discord unlocks, they should allow Agnarr transfers to move to this server.

This option would have new/returning accounts looking for a fresh start, as well as those that would reactivate their Agnarr accounts for a chance to see a new server.

Either that, or another pop-locked server that feeds into Agnarr. I've always liked the idea of a seasonal Agnarr feeding server.
    ikarinokamii likes this.
  2. Razzle Augur

I dont understand why people join a special server knowing its a special server and then want to change it. WTH. If you want to experience additional xpacs there are plenty of progression servers for that. The whole point of the Agnarr PoP server is to make it different from the other progression servers... not the same. Some people dont have time to grind endless levels and AA or raid continuously without taking a break just to keep up. You dont fall behind on Agnarr when you take time off.
  3. ikarinokamii Elder

I hope this happens
    Poon likes this.
  4. Herf Augur

Well we're halfway there, Agnarr is locked :D
  5. Fhiele Augur

It might be nice if future TLP's that entered PoP allowed people to xfer to Agnarr anytime after PoP launch and before GoD launch. And if anyone from Agnarr could xfer to any other TLP that was..I don't wanna say GoD, but maybe OOW(not GoD because its not fair to have 3 years to get time gear to join a TLP that had 3 months getting it, for instance). I wouldn't otherwise want to change Agnarr. Although, man, its pretty dead now.
  6. Eldrian Augur

Agnarr -> FTP would be a much better option
  7. straynge Journeyman

No thanks. The best thing about Agnarr is the quality of the community. Besides, who would that benefit? FTP players don't spend any money on the game, and people who sub for Agnarr will go somewhere else. Go to p99 if you want FTP agnarr
  8. NinjutsuMMO Augur

I’d like more players to join so F2P works for me, and if people like a taste of what they see they can always sub and try another server…
  9. Poon New Member

I would love to have a vote on Agnarr to get GoD and then maybe ooW. I feel it would be better than a new server stoping at oow-god
  10. Poon New Member

This would be perfect. Great ideas
  11. Poon New Member

Wonderful idea. Let us vote!
  12. coltongrundy Augur

An omens server sounds like a good idea, until you play omens. It is pretty boring after 1 month. The first month is awesome. But in month 2 everyone has their 2.0 and there's nothing left to do except 1 raid of 6 bosses per week. 2nd month Tacvi & Txevu was way more fun to play through than the 2nd month of Anguish.

People are asking for RSS AoCs but honestly, why? RSS & MPG are not worth doing. Maybe 1 of the MPG trials for sleeves for some classes, and 1 for the atk clicky mask, but the other 4 are useless and are you really going to run the other 2 just for a single useful item in each?
  13. Herf Augur

The reason people joined Agnarr was because "PoP" was offered; we didn't get to pick expats. PoP was a good approximation of when the best times in EQ peaked. But most would agree that one or two expats after that were still fun, particularly since we would have got berzerkers, and I think, frog monks, and maybe some holiday events (since DP has tied those events to expats rather than calendar days.)

I've been on Agnarr since the start and currently have three accounts and one of each character class (and 2 druids, 2 shm.) I would consider going to a new expat if it was as earlier discussed. Or moving to a new TLP server that was OW/GoD locked when those expats opened. I would not go to any server which continued past OW/GoD.
    Hibiki and straynge like this.
  14. PatCleric Healer of Aradune

4 years of PoP... wowza

Planes of Power April 25th, 2018
  15. Corydon Augur

Everybody has their opinion and mine (along with many other Agnarr players) is, that a fresh OoW locked server would be the next best thing. There are fresh TLPs for the masses every year so why not cater once more for the era-locked loving crowd. OoW would have the level increase to 70, epic 1.5 and 2.0 (which will stay relevant throughout the xpac -- not like epic 1.0 on Agnarr) and tons of content to chew on for years. Also a bunch of new AA to round the rough edges on a couple PoP AA classes.

I am against unlocking Agnarr for GoD/OoW. Make a fresh TLP and let us have a fresh journey just like most other players get one every year.
    Hibiki likes this.
  16. Corydon Augur

Nope, that's not how it works. There are people who enjoy progressing forever and chase the carrot each new xpac unlock when their current gear is about to get redundant...

...and there are those people the like a more relaxed, completionist playsytlye who love era-locked servers. They either play on Agnarr or on EQemu servers.

An OoW locked server would be something great.

Also, it has shown in the past that not one but two new servers emerge every year. But mostly people flock to just one of them. (With Aradune+Rizlona being kinda an exception because of the vastly different rulesets).

So I don't think it causes any harm (the opposite is true) to release one TLP for the era-locked haters and one TLP for the era-loving folks. Just make it OoW this time around instead of PoP :-D
  17. Corydon Augur

Yeah I am in the same boat. Fresh TLP that locks in forever at OoW.
    I never saw your poll though. Maybe it should have been better advertised ;-)
    Thanks for the effort though!
  18. Triconix Augur

Wouldnt a new OOW locked expansion just kill the remaining Agnarr population? Or at least a lot of it? Probably better to just open GOD/OOW and you may see a slight, temporary boost to the population of people returning to their old chars
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

So are you one of the people who enjoy progressing forever or someone who wants to be locked in an era? Because we have a locked server, it's locked to PoP. So either you should be happy or you shouldn't care because every other server progresses, or maybe PoP is just boring now and you want just a bit more? IF they were to give you an OoW locked server, you or someone like you would be here in a few years (at most) begging for a lock at a later date (PoR, TSS, SoD are all good candidates). The fact that this thread exists proves that people will eventually get bored where they are and want just a taste more.

You should try playing on a TLP as it moves past pop, 99% chance by the time the 70s end you will be sick of Anguish and would never wish an OoW locked server on anyone.
  20. Xeris Augur

Not true... I'm on Agnarr and I won't ever get tired of it. Or rather, if I do it's because I'm tired of EQ overall. But also, I'd enjoy an OOW locked server. The only particular reason for that is epic 2, I don't have any desire to ever play anything past that.

So if an OOW server came out, I wouldn't play that and the. Say "I want tss." But if oow server never comes out I'll still be happy on Agnarr.

Agnarr pop keeps growing, slowly and steadily.
    Hibiki likes this.