Overseer Elite Agents change?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokin, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I also want to use my duplicate elites to turn into rares you are suggesting removing the ability to turn right because you want something different when most people seem happy with it.

Sure you are ignoring retirement experience because you don't like something that others do and your suggestion seems pretty boring gameplay wise.

Not sure what you are saying here but in my opinion getting duplicates is something that is expected with the way overseer works. Sure it would be nice to have a better chance to get the last couple of elites you need but getting them all without any duplicates is a bit boring.

In the end you either end up saving up duplicate elites or duplicate rares for the future and I would prefer to keep them as elites.
  2. Maedhros High King

Answer me this simple question.
    Why should the game cater to you, whilst hindering other peoples game play?
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

3 commons > 3 uncommon >3 Rares = 1 Elite and when you get double on elites you retire them for 2 rares and keep doing this until you get all of them. Its RNG and takes awhile this isnt overseer easy mode so live with it. Guessing you want easy mode before the overseer achievements come?

Andarriel
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Bobokin Augur

I suggested nothing of the sort. In fact, I stated how that could still be done. Why don't you read the posts before you spew this garbage.

I don't like something others do? Either you didn't read the posts, or you cannot understand them.

It is boring? That's your reasoning? If you want to use elites for retirements, you could still do that. Just retire it first, and get it back when you do the next rare combine.

For what reason? There is no good logical reason, but whatever.
    Knighted likes this.
  5. Bobokin Augur

Why should we listen to you, when you have no idea what you are talking about?

Again, show us how it would hinder anyone's play. It wouldn't in any way.
  6. Bobokin Augur

Another person playing the "easy mode' card. How inventive. :rolleyes:
  7. Maedhros High King

I think whats most ironic is how dismissive of other peoples playtime/playstyle you are, while this entire post is about you wanting to change something thats ALREADY ATTAINABLE to improve your play.
    Wdor likes this.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Just read all his posts. He doesn't want EverQuest. He wants BoboQuest.
    Wdor and Velisaris_MS like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You suggested removing the the possibility of getting duplicate elite agents and it appears you did so because you don't want to work for them. Others are happy with how the system currently works because they can still get some value out of those duplicate elite agents. In the end your request sounds like you think getting all the agents (which you really don't need) is to much work and you want to make it into easy mode.
    Wdor likes this.
  10. Bobokin Augur

As stated, if you want a duplicate elite agent, retire it first knowing you will get it back. How many times do I have to write that before you will understand it?

The current system works as it does like every other system in Everquest that has been requested to be modified or eliminated. Do you like not having to pay for a corpse recall in the guild lobby? Players asked for it. Do you want to go back to manually sorting your Overseer agents? That change was requested by players. Do you like the increase in banked merc aa points? I personally asked for that. Should they change that back?

Another "easy mode" statement. I'll tell you what, eliminate all external help programs from Everquest and see how fast this board will light up. Talk about easy mode.
    Knighted likes this.
  11. Bobokin Augur

It is ironic that, once again, you fail to tell us just what this change would do specifically to affect other people's play style or playtime. How would it hinder your playtime or playstyle negatively in any way? You cannot say because there is none. You are just pissing into the wind.

Yeah, that part is what a community board is for. Improved play is the goal, and I advocate for it.

I have worked for a software game company, and that's how it is done. Am I supposed to use telepathy or send telegrams?
    Knighted likes this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

It's basically free xp, ornaments, collections (given the limited amount of time investment) why not just enjoy it how it is.
    Maybe it's just me but I'd prefer to have more content to play everquest in, than worry too much about overseerquest.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As others have stated we are happy with how it is and know not to expect easy mode. It is also nice to be able to save up elite agents once you get everything in order to help keep the number of total agents you have lower since overseer tends to get laggy the more agents you have. There is nothing wrong with the current system and no reason to change it.
  14. Bobokin Augur

Sorry, that "easy mode" response doesn't cut it. Overseer isn't a game of skill.

Why are you saving up any agents once you have them all? You wouldn't really have to if elites were exclusive, and the current system forces many more agents to be saved for a much longer period.

That could be said about everything in the game, yet changes are asked for, and changes are made. There are obvious reasons to changed it, as I have put forth here in this topic. Just because you personally don't mind wasting tasks on agents and spending the time to convert them all for a nothing end, does not mean players generally like doing so. In fact, the opposite is true; it pisses many players off, and this game doesn't need more of that.
    Knighted likes this.
  15. Bobokin Augur

Because it could be better, in my opinion, and of the opinion of my guild, family, and friends.

That's a false dichotomy. You can have more content and a better overseer experience. They are not mutually exclusive.
    Knighted likes this.
  16. Bobokin Augur

Tell us, does your "Bane Crew" use external game exploits for easy mode in BaneQuest? There are many players that talk smack on this forum but don't even play Everquest as intended. Maybe we should be asking for an end to that instead. Do you agree?
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are right it is not a game of skill but that doesn't mean wanting to get agents without the chance of a duplicate isn't easy mode

This doesn't make sense at all. I want to save duplicate elite agents so I am ready to start gaining any new agents when they add in more. At some point there is no reason to retire agents as you don't need any new agents or xp for the overseer quest categories. If you are going to store duplicate agents the most efficient place to do that is with elite agents .

And many are arguing that these changes are not needed and would hurt things overall. In the end I don't see any reason to prevent someone from getting duplicate elite agents.
    Wdor likes this.
  18. Knighted Journeyman

I wouldn't call it easy mode. I would call it less frustrating mode. This is supposed to be fun.
    Bobokin likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would agree that it does get frustrating as you get more agents of a given rank and it becomes easier to get a duplicate instead of of a new one. That being said I would wager that getting duplicates was designed as part of the system and converting agents into a higher rank would be harder without that factoring into it.

Outside of wanting all your agents I don't see any problems with not having them all. Personally I haven't seen any issues being able to complete quests from not having every elite (or any other rank) agent. Sure it is nice to have them and be done but it won't prevent you from doing overseer missions.

Personally I would find it very boring if they removed the ability to get duplicate agents and you could easily get them all. For me it would remove all sense of accomplishment for getting all of them as it just ends up being doing a rare conversion X times where X is the number of elite agents.
  20. Knighted Journeyman

I could see that for all levels, bus a misfire on elite agents suck.
    Bobokin likes this.