Ligament Slice - Blind Remove

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Knifen, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Knifen Augur

Is there a place to request to devs for future updates to finally just go in and completely remove the blind portion from this line of Rogue Discs. At no point did any rogue or group ever say, "you know what would make this grind/raid more fun, is if someone could make the mob Im tanking run away from us and aggro a train."
    Thunderkiks, Skuz, Kendeth and 3 others like this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

You'd think someone thats been blinded would be less likely to run since they run the risk of blindly running into a wall or off a cliff.
    Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Blind causing NPCs to run away as if feared has always been a really weird interaction. Sometimes hilarious, though. :p
  4. Knifen Augur

The last time fear kiting was worth while was when necros would dot and fear cazel and we would just run behind him attacking. That was 20 some years ago.
  5. Knighted Journeyman

It is good for PvP, but that's about it.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If i was blinded i definately wouldnt be running!

Andarriel
  7. Iven the Lunatic

Had used this skill a few thousand times and the mobs never did run away or just turned their back to me.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Often depends on terrain I think, there are more than a few locations where z-axis issues will cause a mob that is right next to you to be calculated as out of melee range & therfore far enough away from the Rogue that it should run, seen it often - and if the Rogue is trying to avoid ae-rampage....
  9. Iven the Lunatic

Something is wrong as the OP does write about a disc but Ligament Slice is an AA skill line. In the description is the blind effect noted but I think that it is not an active debuff blind effect and just an unlucky description for the accuracy debuff. This AA got consolidated some years ago and it were two AA lines before that happened. One was the snare effect and the other one did throw dirt into the eyes of the enemy which was the accuracy debuff. It had a nice graphical effect (sand cloud) not sure if it is still visible as I haven't played my rogues recently.

I think to remember that the rogue has a disc or AA skill that can make an enemy run in fear as a side effect and it wasn't Ligament Slice. It is not a pure fear skill like Intimidation. I cannot find it atm maybe it even got removed. Maybe the OP does puzzle it with the Blinding Flash disc line which is a pure blind effect.
  10. Bobokin Augur

Why would getting your ligaments sliced cause you to be blinded?

Perhaps the OP has a Blinding Flash trigger - which should not force the mob to run either. Forcing a mob to run is a bad idea in most situations in Everquest unless all aggro is lost.
  11. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

Ligament slice is an ability made up from 3-4 old rogue abilities consolidated into one skill a few years back. It doesn't make sense, but I guess they needed to free up some cooldown timers
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Ligament slice blinds you. Go to the arena and have a rogue hit you with it. Mobs do run in random directions when the blind effect hits them (rarely, but it does).
    The other skill you are talking about, intimidation, does not fear the mob in the traditional way when you have AAs put into the skill (not sure what xpac can start working on AAs for this). With the intimidation AAs, it just locks the mob up in place for 10 seconds where it can't do anything and gives you a + backstab modifier.
  13. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

Intimidation used to be a fear ability, but was changed to what it is now. I do suspect it can still in rare instances fear mobs due to some strange consequence of spaghetti code. Ask any player that uses it constantly and you'll hear about these wierd 1 in 1000 times when the mob runs off for no reason. I cant prove it, but I'm pretty sure its a thing.
  14. Bobokin Augur

It makes a lot more sense for ligament slice to have the same effect as intimidate at higher levels.