T2 Armor 120 Required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razgadz, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Razgadz Lorekeeper

I have no idea who had the idea of T2 armor being 120 required.

You expect us to gain level through progression - i'm ok with that ( more or less :) )
    But err since we only have 2 T1 Zones and you basically have to go through all Progression to gain 120 you hoard up armor doing that and beat the expansion with your old armor until you then finally are able to equip that armor rotting in your inventory ?
    Or did you want us to equip T1 armor first that is hardly an upgrade to previous expansion armor ?

Whats the point of the new armor if i can beat all progression in my old armor then ?

Why not make the T2 armor 116 required and 120 recommended ?

Regards,

Puzzled Warrior Razgadz that maybe got hit on his head too often - it simply doesnt make sense to me ...
  2. Petalonyx Augur

This feedback was provided in ToV and ToL. It had lots of player support. I dont think there were any strong counter arguments. Maybe just a dev time thing?

It feels extra crappy in ToL bc it takes more effort to reach 120. I personally keep inserting lvl 120 augs in my gear, which disables the entire piece >.<
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

T2 group gear, in current expansions, serves no purpose with it being 120 required. They should just get rid of it and give those stats to the T1 gear, since it doesn't reach full power until 120 anyway. Then just make the tradeskill gear the T2 stuff.
  4. Laronk Augur

Required levels on gear at this point is just dumb.

Now a days one of the biggest problems is we want players to be able to catch up, I'd like to just see everything as recommended. That way for the droppable stuff there's actually stuff to buy in the bazaar for people who aren't in the current expansion.

It would make it easier for people to help those players struggling on their 85-110 journey. It can be hard enough to find groups in those level ranges but farming gear omg.

LARONK, why don't you just go farm lower level gear for others then? That's not an everyone solution.
    Dre., Rasper Helpdesk and Skrab like this.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

This guy understand that there are “gear deserts” on Live servers.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

It's particularly difficult on tanks when their role in groups is to serve as the primary gear check against content.
    EQ returnees suffer a serious bootstrapping problem post-70ish. Also Heroics will have an 85-90 gap that players must cross before they can group with max level players.

We need a better way to get level 70-90 characters into quality gear, where HA's are not-yet the answer due to poor scaling. I've proposed a Tribute merchant a few times but I seem to be the only one who likes this idea.
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  7. Slasher Augur

All expansion gear should just scale to the level of the user and the expansion it was released in.

Also having T2 gear in group content is a waste of time it took to create it. NO ONE is wearing it for long its prestige why would you use that over the T3 TS Gear you wouldnt.

They should go back to the ROS model where TS gear is T1 and crafted and anything higher is dropped by named only.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Don't forget the AA check on top of the gear one.

Agreed.
  9. Alnitak Augur

This is not true. My main group of characters has CoV T3 gear, but almost all of my alts are wearing T2 CoV gear. I had to do Zlandicar over and over again just to supply restless velium ore to my alts to make 4 augments, a weapon, a mask, a charm, a belt (for non-casters), a ring. That's 9 or so ores per alt, and I have a horde of those.
    So, while I farmed ores and Type 5 augs I collected gear with alts, T2 CoV gear to be exact. So most of my alts wear that, not T3 TS gear.
    And this is my starting point: Is it worth to upgrade CoV T2 gear to ToL T2 ?

Since all of my 3 bards have T2 chest let's compare that:
    COV T2 Blizzard Loremaster Breastplate has 1047 AC, 8654 HP, 8314 Mana
    TOL T2 Waning Crescent Loremaster Breastplate has 1137 AC, 9393 HP, 9025 Mana
    for comparison CoV T3 breatplate
    Velium Threaded Loremaster Breastplate has 1077 AC, 9304 HP, 8942 mana.

The Earring comparison:
    COV T2 Earring of Dripping Slime (from Zlandicar chest) has 311 AC, 8035 HP, 7986 mana
    TOL T2 Akuel`Dator, Stud of Might (from Shei mission chest) has 339 AC, 8744HP, 8756 mana
    for comparison CoV T3 earring:
    Velium Threaded Earring of Vigor has 321 AC, 8681 HP and 8606 mana

For both slots ToL T2 gear is a definite upgrade for my alts, even better than CoV T3.
    For my mains I will go after ToL TS T3 gear, with raid upgrades when available, but my alts will gladly wear ToL T2.

Same as in CoV I will be slowly upgrading my alts with T2, I am not going to crazy-farm ores for alts.
    Knighted likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Would prefer they just delete the ToL T2 gear and change it all to T1 gear. And make the T1 visible gear items tradeable.
  11. Tappin Augur

Oh wow, someone gets it. T1 isn’t really a meaningful upgrade, even to f2p.
    Dre. likes this.
  12. Alnitak Augur

CoV T1 earring F2P: Seasong, 301 AC, 7451 HP, 7368 Mana
    ToL T1 earring F2P: Argus`Ax`Miff's Crystallized Moonbeam, 328 AC, 8441 HP, 8418 Mana

27 AC and almost 1000 HME is very meaningful

CoV T1 Bard chest: Snowsquall Loremaster Breastplate: 1012 AC, 8043 HP, 7728 Mana
    ToL T1 Bard chest: Waxing Crescent Loremaster Breastplate: 1102 AC, 9104 HP, 8747 Mana

90 AC, 1000 HME is very meaningful.

Yes, ToL T1 gear is a very meaningful upgrade over CoV T1 gear for F2P characters.

<sigh> Why do people like to say nonsense just to participate in conversation ?
  13. zleski Augur

It's meant to be challenging to acquire tier two (and beyond) gear, otherwise it's not fun, and unfun games don't retain posing customers.
  14. Tucoh Augur

It's not challenging though.

Running Shei Vinitras and Aten Ha Ra to start my play session is a trivial warmup and is a T2 loot pinata. The problem is that I won't be able to use the gear until I'm basically done with the expansion.
    Dre., Wulfhere and Skrab like this.
  15. Micker Augur

I think the thing is, that T2 gear is level 120 only and by 120 you will want to get T3 TS gear and the T2 gear is not going to be used for long by most people.

I don't know, I miss the early days of armor dropping from mobs. Wouldn't it be nice, if some higher level named, dropped some better armor than T2/TS? Maybe something with a cool effect or ability, like the Fungi Tunic used to be etc.. Everything is so generic and cookie cutter now. It's good and bad I guess. Time to get a little more creative, nothing interesting, just % upgrades over the last years version.
  16. Alnitak Augur

What do you want T2 gear to be? As good as T3 gear ? Or be required 116, recommended 120 ?
    If required 116 , recommended 120 specs are used for T2 gear, than it's barely worth looting. It is only about 5-10 AC and 100-150 HME better than CoV T3 at lvl 120, so at 116 it will be actually worse.

And in my previous post I have stated that most of my alts wear CoV T2 as a bulk of their gear, I simply can not waste my time to farm that many ores for all of my alts, and ToL T2 will be a big upgrade for them.
    And some of my alts are already 118 even before Hero Missions run. And several of my guildmates will have season holidays break for good 10-11 days and we already plan to farm Hero missions, so many of my alts will probable become 119-120 even before New Year. My mains already are or very close to it even today.
    And then we'll have 11 months ahead to freely use T2 armor we come across. And as CoV demonstrated - there will be many more T2 armor pieces around than T3 ores, so my alts will have to use T2.

If you view T2 armor as alts' gear and T3 as mains' gear, then things start looking very reasonable.
    Do not loot T2 with your main, only loot ores and then there will be no displeasure about the gear levels.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Yup, it's a leveling expansion too. It's different if this is ToL-2, where the cap stays to 120.
  18. Laronk Augur

AA's aren't too bad for tanks in that range where gear is a problem though with autogrant.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It takes a bit of work to climb the CA/CS mountain.
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Strikethrough makes it pointless though.