Shroud of Dreams Bug Cont.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nightmares, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Nightmares Augur

First off, let me thank whomever locked the original post. You did NOT answer the question / concern at all. WTG!
    Secondly this was not about the first combine, of template / reagent / abstruse remnant. This was about a Tier 1 armor being combined with a tier 2 Recondite Remnant. which was not working. ALL you need for that combine is the tier 1 armor piece(which they had, and it was even unaug'd) and the recondite Remnant. This was for the Helm of Berserker. and they indeed had Recondite Remnant of Knowledge. This is an old bug that was previously fixed and is apparently starting to glitch again. The Shroud did NOT have the classes attached to it originally, they were later added after House was already live.
  2. Duder Augur

This information is hard to decipher. Are you speaking of first hand experience or reporting a bug for someone else? Try and include all items involved, what you were trying to make, what the exact result and message was. Piecing this together would require a lot of time with the extremely limited information provided. Your other post was likely locked because of the same reasons. The information you provided there was insufficient and made it sound like you were talking about normal item/recipe behavior. We need more detail, no amount if information is too much, lay it on us. Also, the passive aggressiveness in this post is definitely not the way to submit a bug report. If I were a dev I'd ignore it on that premise alone.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. Nightmares Augur

Sorry about the passive aggressiveness, however when someone arbitrarily locks a post on an issue without solving it or giving it more than a second's notice, most will tend to be a bit annoyed.
    I was posting in response to an issue several other players were having, and that I was working with them to help solve.(so for your first question, a little bit of both)
    A Berserker was trying to combine his Abstruse Rageblade Coif with a Recondite Remnant of Knowledge inside a Shroud of Dreams (nothing in third slot). (there's the items involved)And had been getting messages that his class could not combine(would have combined into a Recondite Rageblade Coif). Others tried the classes that were on the Shroud and had no problems for tier 1 combines and tier 2. However upon trying with classes not specifically labeled on the Shroud, the combines would not work. We had tried with I wanna say close to 10 different toons, doing similar.
    I have not tried since that day, I just came on here to see if they had an answer that I might be able to relay back, at which time I saw it locked, then read the response which was in my opinion a bit off-putting in itself. From what I had read the poster was basically saying it was user error and all of us troubleshooting it were just plain wrong. Now if that had truly been the case I would have expected screenshots of the combine that was in question, not an arbitrary one, being shown ( as what if it was only specific combines / classes). I know this seems to be coming off a bit argumentative, and it's not my wish for that. However instead of just closing it like that, they could have asked for more info and helped troubleshoot it so that it was resolved. instead, the responder, in my eyes and those that this concern, would see it as being brushed off and pushed to the side.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Duder Augur

Awesome. I definitely understand the frustration. ;) The more info the better.

So, a Berserker was attempting to make:

Recondite Rageblade Coif :: Recipes :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)

Did the Abstruse Rageblade Coif he was using for the combine perhaps have an unremoved augment in it?

Also, what server is this occuring on?
  5. Nightmares Augur

This was on The Rathe server. I had him link his Coif to me, it had no augs in it. and yes, that is indeed the recipe he was attempting
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As Duder said we did not have enough info on your first post, it was very generalized and seemed to focus on the class's listed. But those class restrictions are not a bug but have been there since it was brought into the game. So the thread was closed.

Sorry if it upset you but we can only work with what we are given.

Now we have much better information, thank you, and can test that class's combine.
  7. Dewd Master

did the Abstruse coif have green purity stats on it? if so he has to remove his purity from it first.
  8. Enigman New Member

And in case there is question as to how to do that, he would move his coif from his head to a bag, then from the bag to the shroud, as to move it from his head to the shroud directly would keep the invisible purity aug equipped.
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

That was fixed shouldn't happen any more, and the invisible aug is the PS not the purity.
  10. Dre. Altoholic

Heroic character?
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I ran thru this combine this morning, while not on your server and I did use a different slot item as I did not have both remnants for the coif.

Using a Ranger who is not listed on Shield of Dreams
    Made the tier one Abstruse Rageblade Boots ( did not have the coif) for Berzerker.
    All combined fine which is what OP confirmed

In another Shield of Dreams I then combined the Abstruse Rageblade Boots with Recondite Remnant of Survival and got the result expected: Recondite Rageblade Boots

The recipes can be very confusing. The tier 2 is only 2 items in the shroud -

[IMG]
    Gialana likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

result are the tier 2 boots on the right:

[IMG]
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I hope this at least helps understand that the classes listed have no bearing on the error you and your friends are getting.

It appears to work on my server, so perhaps it is a server issue. I do not have a character on your server with the required remnants to recreate the error.

Any chance of some screen shots of what your friend is trying to combine?