Not A Bug ToL collection not giving me a reward autogiving me xp

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Andarriel, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Like the forth time i finished the collection and there was no option it just flat out gave me the xp reward which i would like the aa as it much more useful to me.

Andarriel
  2. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

You get both.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

The ToL collections automatically give you xp and AA. No need to choose anything. CoV and previous collections, you still have to choose one or the other.
    Andarriel and Fenthen like this.
  4. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I finished one, and was automatically given two merc AAs.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Gialana Augur

That seems about right, depending on your level. A mercenary achievement in ToL gives 5.58% of level 116 and 4.65 mercenary AA. So at level 116, I would expect the 2% regular experience from a collection reward to come with 1.67 merc AA.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea thats what i got and 2% xp.

Andarriel
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

although when i click on preview reward its 2% xp and merc aa's or 16 aa's but it doesnt let me choose.

Andarriel
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you mean the ToL collections, it's not giving you a choice because there is no choice. You're seeing two rewards listed that you automatically get. That's what you get as the reward, both things are just listed separately.
    Andarriel likes this.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

As other players indicate, you are getting both.
  10. Graves Elder

Perhaps a yellow message confirming the number of AA's given might be an idea at some stage then. I know I often have no clue how many unspent AA's I have on characters without looking, so it really isn't obvious you got them. It was obvious my character got exp as he dinged.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

ANYTHING you receive as a reward should have a message telling you exactly what you got...xp, AA, merc AA, faction, an item...everything.
    Mukkul likes this.
  12. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

But I didn't get the opportunity to choose my reward. I would never take two merc AAs over 16 AAs, and never have in the past.
  13. Kendeth Augur

That's because pretty much any reward that gives you xp also automatically gives you merc AAs as well. Even completing older collections if you take the 2% xp option you get merc AAs. In this case because it now automatically gives you both the xp and AAs without having to choose you are getting all three: the xp, AAs and merc AAs.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't think you understand. The rewards for ToL collections give you xp AND merc AA AND regular AA. You're not losing out on anything. You're not given a choice because there's no choice to make.
    Varillian likes this.
  15. RyeToast New Member

Doesn't matter. What if you want to not take the reward until you've leveled?
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Don't click the last shiny you need in that collection until you want the reward.
    Varillian likes this.
  17. Gialana Augur

Others have already covered it, but I'll add this. I sometimes have to remind myself that when there are multiple options for a reward, they're listed in the upper left panel under "Reward Choices:" and are named "Option 1," "Option 2," etc. When I'm clicking through the items listed in the upper right panel of the "Select a Reward" window, I'm not choosing between those, I'm just exploring what they are.

If you finish a ToL collection set and don't see your regular exp, merc AA, and regular AA increase (assuming they're not maxed), that would be a bug.
  18. RyeToast New Member

So everyone has to check collection achievements before collecting a collectable.
    Brilliant.
  19. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

This has been confirmed as not being a bug already. I have never seen people complain so much about being given extra xp :eek:
    Varillian likes this.
  20. Graves Elder

Currently on ToL collects you get the exp, the aa exp and the merc exp.
    Varillian likes this.