Fixed Quests that reward the item you turned in can't be completed

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tormier, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Tormier New Member

When you try to turn in an item to an npc that is going to give you text and give the item back. You get an error message "Reward will result in duplicate lore items." Then the quest doesn't complete. Can't move on to other steps that come after either it seems.
    Duder, Svann2, Barton and 2 others like this.
  2. Kaylandra Some Dumb Druid

Hello

I completed the Four Shards portion of the quest. I looted all four shards, placed them into the Thick Leather Bag, hit combine, and created the Synched Leather Bag.
    The next step in the quest is to give the Synched Leather Bag to Historian Finrazel in Nedaria's Landing. When I give the bag to the NPC, the bag is returned and I receive the following message
    Reward will result in Duplicate Lore Items

Any assistance?
    Gheed likes this.
  3. Gheed Is not reading your response

This seems to be happening for EVERY quest that returns the SAME item that you just turned in. Massive issue for all epics, needs to be fixed ASAP.

Started after patch today
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

From my understanding and for the scripting system to work, the item returned wouldn't be the same item. It will be a different ID even if its the same icon and name, that's how the next NPC you need to turn into knows you are at the right step. It's likely a bug introduced into the logic that was just added to prevent items disappearing when an NPC tries to give you a lore item of something you already have.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

6. Yakita New Member

This is also happening with the Coldain Shawl 1.0 quests (on TLP anyway).
  7. Unknownplayer New Member

No one can complete monk epic 1.0 atm, Celestial book turnin is bugged he dont trigger
    the hut guy , just keeps giving back the Celestial book and we are a few now stuck
  8. Lynne New Member

Happening with the Enchanter Epic 1.0. Can't get the enchanters sack to do combines. This is on Mangler. When petitioned GM Doex sent me here.
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

10. Lynne New Member

What does "Fixed Internally" mean? This issue is not fixed and is still happening.
  11. Gheed Is not reading your response

Great post man. Lots of useful info here, thank you
    Duder likes this.
  12. Riou EQResource

Means it's fixed on their internal servers and should go live in the next update
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

It means it'll go live once it's fully tested and approved to be pushed, lots of things get fixed internally but aren't immediately released. But since this is a blocking issue hopefully it is next update.
  14. Lynne New Member

Excellent thank you
  15. Sythrak20 Elder

This is a huge bug especially on Riz/Aradune where alot of the epic quests rely on turning in duplicate items. A month long wait till the next patch seems pretty ridiculous.
  16. Meeko Developer(Code)

Have you tried doing a turn in since this hotfix last week? If you're still having an issue, can you provide the item, npc, and server you're trying it on?
  17. Sythrak20 Elder

So for the cleric epic 2.0 specifically (on Rizlona) when you turn in the Dark Red Robe to Cryssa in the Bloodfields you get the duplicate lore items not allowed message and she doesn't give you the quest text, which I assumed had a hidden flag so you couldn't continue. However I was able to skip this step and go straight to Omat Vastsea in Timorous and he gives you the next step. The big show stopper was when Omat wouldn't take the Ethereal Disciple's Journal but he does now. So false alarm, thanks for the quick response.
    Duder and Meeko like this.
  18. Duder Augur

I am also experiencing the same thing but thank you for the top to be able to skip the step.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

As mentioned above, Cryssa in The Bloodfields still does this when you try to turn in the Dark Red Robe, but it is a low priority since she doesn't actually give out any flags when you cycle the item through her. So you can skip that step apparently, but without it you don't know who to actually turn it into (without looking it up on the net).