Fixed Internally Out of Combat Timer Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sylince, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Sylince Journeyman

The static zone of Ka Vethan is giving 5 minute raid combat timers instead of the normal 30 second ones for regular zones.
    Kroolhand78, Kalvenie, Bolin and 14 others like this.
  2. Iribabh Augur

I reported this directly to Mekoo while he was in zone troubleshooting yesterday and apparently they couldn't find anything wrong. I reporting a specific mob causing the issue, not zonewide however since I didn't notice it until I needed to res with my druid.

Code:
    [Thu Dec 09 16:07:08 2021] You told mekoo, 'FYI - just killed Diabo Tatrua here in Ka Vethan and got the 5min raid rest timer off it'

[Thu Dec 09 16:07:47 2021] Mekoo tells you, 'Much appreciated. I'll pass it along. Is that a named?'

[Thu Dec 09 16:07:55 2021] You told Mekoo, 'It is yes.'

[Thu Dec 09 16:09:01 2021] Mekoo tells you, 'Thanks much for the info.'

[Thu Dec 09 16:09:11 2021] You told Mekoo, 'welcome!'

[Thu Dec 09 17:15:26 2021] Mekoo tells you, 'Were you doing any kind of quest while killing Diabo Tatrua earlier? Heard back and everything should be normal with that NPC.'

[Thu Dec 09 17:15:38 2021] You told mekoo, 'I wasn't.'

[Thu Dec 09 17:15:50 2021] You told Mekoo, 'I walked into the room pulled him and then killed him.  Got a 5min timer'

[Thu Dec 09 17:18:23 2021] Mekoo tells you, 'Okay thanks. '
  3. Raccoo Augur

The timer wasn't always 5 minutes. It always was more than the normal 30 second timer (unless you let yourself go ooc) I wonder if each timer off individual mobs were cumulative, so fighting several in secession would add up to 5 minutes max?
  4. zleski Augur

We saw it in the southeast portion, so maybe it's specific to those or that area?
  5. Meeko Developer(Code)

I tried replicating this several times/ways and was unable to ever get the 5m timer. I also checked the data for the particular NPC that was reported and everything seems correct.

If anyone can provide reliable reproductions steps for the area or NPC that it happens for, it would help pinpoint the issue.
  6. Sylince Journeyman

Ours occurred tonight when fighting mobs named "Zun (mob name)" in the large room next to the room that has the statues for the Record Scratch quest in the "west" room (i.e. zone in from Maiden's eye and run straight north until you are forced to choose east or west to continue running through zone). We killed one set of the 4 akhevan mobs and then went to the next 4 (the 2 sets of 4 in the southeast and southwest corners of that room). One of our group members died during the kills and was called, and just prior to the final kill they took a rez. After they rezzed, we finished killing the final mob, and got a 5 minute combat timer. We were killing those mobs to get kill credit for the killing akheva quest in that zone (Rule of Four).
  7. Warpeace Augur

Killing mobs in Vex Thal and Ka Vethan doing the progression tasks would produce extended OOC timers for me yesterday.
  8. Jetslam Augur

[Sat Dec 11 02:51:40 2021] Life`s End begins casting Life's End.
    [Sat Dec 11 02:51:40 2021] Life`s End hit Jetsam for 112124 points of unresistable damage by Life's End.

It's related to this somehow. Every time my group got hit with this AOE, we would get the 5m timer.
    Ngreth Thergn and zleski like this.
  9. Meeko Developer(Code)

Thanks for the info everyone. I think the culprit has been tracked down and is on The List™ to be adjusted.
    Fanra, zleski, Elyssanda and 2 others like this.
  10. Kalvenie Elder

Just highlighting that this has also been happening in Maiden's Eye and Umbral Plains, if that hasn't been brought up.