Fixed Paladin nukes missing 20% boost

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Maedhros, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Maedhros High King

I looked around and didnt find a post on this, but forgive me if I missed it.
    Anyways, Aristo had said this in the beta forums:
    From what I can see looking at spell data, it appears that paladins did NOT receive the boost to our direct damage spells. I would not consider this a bug necessarily, probably a simple oversight, but we don't have an oversight forum to post stuff :p
    Elyssanda, Tropi, Qimble and 6 others like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

I'm sure SK will get the boost then they will check the box as complete for knights.

Probably belongs in the beta bugs even though were live now (BETA phase 2) or post it in both?
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

What are you talking about?

11/30 Beta patch:
    Hymnal got extra boost
    Crush of the Umbra got extra boost
    Upbraid got extra boost
    Brilliant Acquittal got extra boost
    heck, even Wrathful Fury Strike proc got an extra boost

No, not everything did get a boost and if you have a beef with a specific spell line, I'd PM Aristo about it.

But Paladins did get secondary boosts.

Also, why would this belong in Beta forums? It's Live now. The only thing to discuss in Beta forums would be raid content since there isn't any on Live yet.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Why not people are still posting things there. Does not make it right, but the mods could lock those if they didn't want people to post there.
  5. Maedhros High King

Crush of Darkened Sea line:
    102 to 107 = 17.5% increase
    107 to 112 = 17.5% increase
    112 to 117 = 33.5% increase - 16% larger boost than standard

Crush of Povar line:
    105 to 110 = 25% increase
    110 to 115 = 17.5% increase
    115 to 120 = 23% increase - 5.5% larger boost than last time, but less than previous max

Admonish Line:
    102 to 107 = 17.5% increase
    107 to 112 = 17.5% increase
    112 to 117 = 27% increase - 9.5% larger boost than standard

Glorious Line:
    105 to 110 = 21% increase
    110 to 115 = 17.5% increase
    115 to 120 = 27% increase - 9.5% larger boost than last time, but only 6% larger than previous max

Consecration Line:
    101 to 106 = 17.5% increase
    106 to 111 = 17.5% increase
    111 to 116 = 27% increase - 9.5% larger boost than standard

Doctrine Line:
    101 to 106 = 17.5% increase
    106 to 111 = 17.5% increase
    111 to 116 = 17.5% increase - Our biggest nuke got no boost above standard

On the other hand SK spear.
    114 to 119 = 34% increase - Congrats again SKs!

So yea, I'd like to see the paladin lines increased.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

You need to PM that to Aristo.
  7. Maedhros High King

I did PM this to Aristo going on 3 months ago now and havent heard back or seen any response.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Maybe they will address it sometime throughout the year when they do class balancing, hahaha..

As it is there are multiple class bugs issues that were reported and appear to be forgotten about on the Dev side.
  9. Angahran Augur

So Paladins
    So paladins got increases to 5 lines, missed the increase to 1 (so post that as a bug) but you have to complain that SKs got 1 increase?
  10. Maedhros High King

I used the SK spell for reference because both knights should have got the same kind of upgrades.
    Go do the math yourself and after you see the massive increases SKs got and the pathetic ones paladins got, I'll be ready and waiting for your apology.
    Should we talk about the 40% increase on your Bite line?
    34% on Touch of Namdrows?
    34% on Insidious?
    34% on spear again?

I'd have at least done the math before I came in here making comments and looking like an imbecile.

Paladins had literally 1 spell that was given a substaintial upgrade.
  11. Qimble Augur

Doctrine is the only line worth casting purely for the damage the last several times I've tested. (obviously YMMV depending on group comp) Crushes are used for hate, Glorious is used for healing spell twincast, Consecrate for the debuff, Admonish for the ToT heal.

Personally I use 1-2 crushes for aggro gen, doctrine when it's undead and I can spare room for nukes, glorious for all the fights that require splashing cures, and admonish line in my regular rotation for the heal. Consecrate line I generally don't bother with.

I doubt it's a bug since our nukes being mediocre to bad for DPS has been a thing for a while.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Unless you're running Thunder of Karana, or have a bard in your group, or somehow find yourself in a caster group, it's generally less DPS to spend time nuking than it is just auto attacking.
  13. Angahran Augur

Crush of Darkened Sea line: 33.5% increase
    Crush of Povar line: 23% increase
    Admonish Line: 27% increase
    Glorious Line: 27% increase
    Consecration Line: 27% increase
    Doctrine Line: 17.5% increase

So basically you got 155% increase in DPS vs SKs 142%
    Not bad considering you're not a DPS class.

Why is it that paladins seem to think they should get everything that SKs get in addition to everything else they have ?
  14. Lubianx Augur

You can't just add the % increases and say that's the increase.

Doctrine is only usable on undead firstly.

Secondly you can't cast all of them at the same time and say, look, this is my increase DPS.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Angahran Augur

To be honest I couldn't really care less I'm simply sick to death of the never ending from paladins about how they are so underpowered and ignored and downtrodden.
  16. Lubianx Augur

It looks like you care because you posted something which would hope furthered your cause and when you were called out for it, you all of a sudden don't care
  17. Maedhros High King

You know you have more than 4 DD's right bud? I did not list all the SK Direct damage and Lifetaps, just the biggest 4 examples.
    You really need to figure some things out.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Warpeace Augur

Its ok its appears they are still overlooking it in this months patch, BB the second can relax.
  19. Angahran Augur

oh, I'm sorry, you paladins seem to be the experts on how to play SKs and how overpowered we are and how much better we are than you poor paladins who are never wanted and never get anything so I just bowed to your superior knowledge.

If you paladins would simply say how you think you are underpowered, or just list things you think are bugged possibly you could get things fixed. But it seems like every post you make to improve your class just has to also demand that SKs get a nerf to something.

e.g. this post.
    Instead of simply saying "Paladin spell X only received Y% of an upgrade this expansion vs Z% in previous expansions. Was this an oversite ? A bug ? Or intended ?" you had to make it a a whine "Wah wah our spell X only got Y% upgrade but SKs spell Q got a P% upgrade!"

FYI Paladins and SKs are not clones!
    Paladins do some things better than SKs.
    SKs do some things better than Paladins.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

This is not how numbers work.