Aten Ha Ra Silence

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zulan, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Zulan Lorekeeper

So anyone want to tell me how a warrior, is supposed to survive this if your healer healer gets silenced in this mission more than once? It happens multiple call outs, and I can only hit Fortitude one time...

This has to be the worst mechanic in all of the missions so far. It's not something that I can actually avoid via dodging, ducking, or moving out of range of the rest of my group, it's simply a show if the cleric gets silenced.

I can get lucky with war cry, use fortitude for a single silence time period, try and heal though it with vampic click item...however I keep dying to a mechanic, that I can't do a thing about. You can't bash/kick interrupt the mob cause they don't cast, it's always instant, and unless I roll with two healers in my group every single go, there's a high probability it's a loss.

Just remove the silence, add in something else for the love of god, unless you can actually make it a skill dodge like a duck or or interruptible or ANYTHING other than leaving the success of the mission up to pure chance the healer doesn't get hit multiple times.

/rant off.

I'm actually enjoying this expansion WAY more than I did COV on release, but this mission could use some love.
    Barton likes this.
  2. Conq Augur

Your cleric can DA before the unresistable silence hits. There's ~15 second warning before the silence lands. Or a bard can hit DA. But ya, good idea to bring 2 healers.
    Conq
    Silvena likes this.
  3. Szilent Augur

Shield Flash is one, Fort is another, Shield Flash recycles, Blade Guardian is good for one. Cle have Ward every 2 min, BP every 10 min, DI to cover and two HOTs.

Tangentially, it'd be neat if clerics had a heal Combat Ability. In modern EQ, going without heals due to silence is a somewhat outsized penalty compared with losing access to some agro or dps things
    zleski likes this.
  4. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Use a knight to tank the mission, they dont even need a healer. ./duck
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Zulan Lorekeeper

I've beaten all the missions, and I can do them, it's the randomness of the missions that's not tied to skill, but just straight being a Warrior you're at a huge disadvantage.

The problem I'm pointing out here, the silence in this expansion is hot garbage and should be changed.

The missions are NOT fun to do, even after having them on "farm" already - it comes with wiping as well because you simply can't do as a Warrior if your healer gets silenced.

BoA mission is the exact same thing. When Fade Silences the cleric, unless you're an SK or a paladin you're completely screwed, AGAIN. I should re-roll a knight and quit complaining, it's what everyone else does. - Also when Umbra sends your healer down below...guess what, your screwed as a warrior again.

Warriors are just getting destroyed compared to other tank classes this expansion, just like they have been. Quite literally outside of tanking a raid boss (which arguably can be done by the others two knight classes just fine) - Warriors are completely useless. I'm a CoV raid geared Warrior, and the silence is completely screwing over my groups going through this. Meanwhile, I can swap to a raid geared SK and dang near solo the mission.

The expansion looks cool, great launch minus a few bugs but with a small team working on an old game, it's a great launch. I think the group missions missed the mark though with all the silences.
    Barton likes this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Your healer has several tools to keep you up during the silence period assuming the tank is also doing his part by using a Dragon Glyph and all their mitigation discs.

The cleric can be keeping Vie and Shining and Spire of the Vicar and their auras on you to help mitigate damage. They can keep a Heal Over Time going. They can keep the 18 second Promised heal going. They can maintain Divine Guardian and Divine Mediation to auto heal you when your health drops to purple levels. They can use Silent Casting and Divine Peace to try and stay low enough on the aggro list to ensure they don't get silenced at all. And if they do get silenced, they can announce it in group so the tank knows when to hit his discs and then the cleric can spam Divine Arbitration or their shield epic or 18th rejuvenation to possibly save you at the last moment as the silence fades.
  7. uberkingkong Augur

This isn't a T1 opener mission, its the last mission on the hardest tier, it's suppose to be hard not fun.
  8. Zulan Lorekeeper

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the expansion is only a couple days past, and the non-ejoyable factor from randomness during events, I've already started playing another game when initially I was really excited for this expansion.

Archive the post, thanks for the tips - great missions.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    DA before silence lands is key. Cleric have 2 aa DA, can load 2 DA spells (timer 2 and timer 15), then you can use Forcefull rejuvenation to reset both spells. Also, have access to 3 DA clickies.

I agree that this RNG sucks.

On Obluiette mission... you defo want your hard burns on Fade to reduce RNGjesus against you. I farmed the missions as lvl 116 and it was... hard. Now, as a lvl 118, and doing a perfect burn on Fade, I managed to kill him before he casted any Fade Out.
  10. Fintank Augur

I mean, the warrior could just fade and have someone else tank till the healer isn't silenced anymore. All melee/hybrid classes have the ability to tank for 30s without heals basically. Can also just back off and pet tank if you have those. All the in the box thinking is what makes people have issues generally.

We've done several full clears, at least 1 a day without a tank and we only utilize 1 healer.
    Vumad and Duder like this.
  11. Szilent Augur

most recent two AHR missions. there were no other classes with healing spells in either run

[Sun Dec 12 08:24:58 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Wizard with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 08:25:44 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Rogue with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 08:26:34 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Enchanter with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 08:27:19 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Cleric with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 08:28:03 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Cleric with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 08:28:49 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Cleric with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 08:29:34 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Szilent with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 08:30:19 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Cleric with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.

[Sun Dec 12 11:43:09 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Berserker with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:43:55 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Berserker with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:44:45 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Cleric with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:45:29 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Cleric with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:46:15 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Berserker with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:47:00 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Berserker with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:47:44 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Cleric with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    (reset here cause someone new ran into golems, failing the achieve)
    [Sun Dec 12 11:51:44 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Bard with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:52:29 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Berserker with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:53:19 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Berserker with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:54:04 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Cleric with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:54:49 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Berserker with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:55:34 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Berserker with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:56:19 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Berserker with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    [Sun Dec 12 11:57:04 2021] Aten Ha Ra points at Cleric with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.

no deaths.
    Silvena, Tropi, Vumad and 1 other person like this.
  12. Zulan Lorekeeper

Good job. Like I state above, it's all about what abilities I have available when the cleric gets silenced down. The silence in my opinion of course, is a bad mechanic. Moving on.
  13. Duder Augur

And what Szilent is saying, make better use of those abilities to survive this mechanic. But I understand you are recognizing that it isn't impossible or a game breaking mechanic for the warrior class and that you are just saying that it isn't any fun or interesting for you.
    Silvena and Tropi like this.
  14. Szilent Augur

maybe too interesting!
  15. Gorg00 Augur

I main a CoV raid geared warrior, I've felt like all of the missions are really easy to beat, haven't had a problem with any of them. You just need to plan for the silences better.

Clerics have 2 DAs they can use to DA through a silence without memming other spells, bards have 2 as well, warrior has flash of anger, fortitude, warlord's resurgence, armor of experience, blade guardian, etc. Clerics can HoT and promised right before the silences lands as well.

If you have a DA totem you can unrelenting + DA too.

If somehow you manage to blow every other disc you have and are still needing to buy time.. you could always kite until silence comes off.

For the BoA mission, Fade is a great time to burn to reduce the amount of total silences you have to deal with.
    Duder likes this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

There are so many tools a group can bring to bear to solve this.

Think of this silence mechanic as a good opportunity to build your group's skills and knowledge. The above suggestions are a good start, also look into heal target of target weapons and augs, especially for classes like bards or beastlords that have proc disciplines.
    Duder and Petalonyx like this.
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

I suspect a lot of people don't think they should have to consider group balance for missions. Taking a warrior, monk, wizard, rogue, cleric and bard to a mission is probably great DPS and is going to have a rough time. There is a lot of patch healing that rangers and BST can do. The ENC might need to throw some runes. I also suspect there are a lot of people who under utilize their abilities. What ENC loads rampage runes? That is not directed at the OP, he may be an awesome warrior, might be the people in his group and he is trying to carry them.
  18. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Get your silenced healers to start a bind wound loop on you
    /duck
    Duder, Windance and Vumad like this.
  19. Warpeace Augur

The dependance on this one AA can not be over stated vs player spells/ AA / Disc's. Why bother with those and just make us farm 9 for each raid night.
    Metanis likes this.
  20. Szilent Augur

also no Dragon Glyphs :rolleyes:
    Silvena, Duder and Metanis like this.