Diamonds aren't forever ....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sdeco, Dec 11, 2021.

1. sdeco Lorekeeper

Anyone know the rational for mobs no longer dropping gems. the past few expansions? I'm not into TSing or anything so the gems helped pay my merc expenses. It's been a few expansions now since I saw A Blue Diamond in the loot window.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am guessing it's a design decision by the devs not to overload mob loot tables.

In the later expansions, you can find barter buyers paying hundreds or a thousand plat per piece of tradeskill loot (Restless Velium to Luclinite Blood items). You can also collect the TS loot and set up trader.
  3. Bobokin Augur

Someone today was complaining in General that gems were not looting correctly. I would assume there are some gems to be looted, if that is the case.
  4. Vizier Augur

They can barely get the game working this is wayyyy down the list.
  5. Riou EQResource

They put it into straight platinum so less drops and less flavor stuff to make (like every expansion had a new gem)
    Barton likes this.
  6. Tallie Elder

If you are talking about diamonds and blue diamonds, they still drop in the older expansions. In the newer expansions they and other sellable gems have been more or less replaced with platinum.
  7. Raytan Augur

Ngreth stated in this thread about the lack of plat and vendor drops:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...or-vendor-trash-dropping.279569/#post-4088065

"Vendor trash is no more. With Luck, coin is the way to go since luck does not affect vendor trash.
    And yeah, we hotfixed the coin drops."

At at guess, blue diamonds qualify as vendor trash.
  8. Laurana Augur

Yea - apparently this is by design. Vendor trash is dead per Ngreth in a post I made in the Bug Reports section that Raytan linked, about the lack of coin/vendor trash from mobs in ME/UP. Who knew?! So now we have it.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It's not a big deal, but I miss looting my precious blue diamonds.
    sdeco likes this.