Duplicate Overseer Incapacitated Agents not found

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Horse, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Horse Journeyman

I currently have 20 incapacitated Overseer agents according to my Stats tab, however, when I use the filters on the Agents tab, it says "You do not have any agents that meet your current filters"
    100% reproduceable on 3 different accounts on 3 different computers. (mix of Win10 & Win7)
    Game fully patch
    Restarting the game does not fix it.
    Either the stats tab or the Agents tab is wrong.
  2. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

This is happening to my accounts, too, as well as that of my roommate and some other members of the fellowship. On Povar.
    Frothel, JWedg, Claan and 1 other person like this.
  3. tanith Augur

I have pretty much exactly this problem
    Started after the patch.
    For eg, I want to use King Tearis Thex for a "Kneel for your Betters" quest
    In the quest tab he has an exclamation mark on him - suggesting he is incapacitated. But in the Agents tab he shows as ready
    Ditto many others
    My stats tab shows 25 incapacitated agents
    My Agents tab shows none of the agents as incapacitated

AB server

EDIT. This is happening across all my accounts.
    Just collected a quest. Marcia Attamilgad was incapacitated. Shows as 'ready' in the agent window.
    The number of incapacitated/unavailable agents continues to rise, but none recover.
    Usually when I log in I am inundated with spam on each toon 'x, y. z...' agent has been recovered. That yellow text hasn't shown up post patch
    Regina_Cazic, Jmag, Frothel and 3 others like this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-agents-not-recovering-still-not-fixed.279582
    Jmag, Frothel and JWedg like this.
  5. tanith Augur

Frothel and JWedg like this.
  6. Zenn New Member

Similar problem as OP, when trying to select certain agents to go on a task, there is an exclamation mark next to certain ones indicating that it is either on another task or incapacitated. However, under the AGENTS tab, that 'unavailable' agent shows as 'Ready'.This is not a case of a bad run of the RNG.

I looked at one one task with 6 agents that are 'Ready' according to the 'Agent' tab, but all six agents have an exclamation mark and are unavailable. Those agents are consistently showing as unavailable for any quest. I checked and this is also happening on my second account.

I first noticed one agent doing this on one of my accounts this morning and I passed it off as a 's##t happens' issue and that it should reset upon logging out and coming back later today. Tonight I see that even more agents are unavailable to the point that I can't start certain quest types as all the required high level agents are unassignable. Hence the bug forum...

One thought I had is that perhaps agents completing quests are not resetting properly to be available for the next quest despite not being incapacitated at the end of their previous task. Unfortunately, I don't have any quests right now at that step to track pre versus post completion . I hope that is not what is happening, as if it is within a few more overseer quest cycles I won't be able to do many/any quests of any type despite having max overseer with one of each rare and elite agents, and two of every common and uncommon agent. Tonight, I already do not have agents available to allow me to run any common or uncommon research quests.
    Regina_Cazic, Frothel, Jmag and 3 others like this.
  7. Qelil Augur

Exactly the same issue as reported here. Thank you for detailing this so well and saving me having to also.

Is the code for Overseer really so complex that it's buggy as hell as often as it is for as long as it is? I'm sorry to be cross but this stuff just really gets old and frustrating.
    Khazi, Jmag, Frothel and 6 others like this.
  8. Claan Elder

Same issues here.
    Jmag, Frothel and JWedg like this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm wondering if there's something in the Overseer code that's connected to the increase in max player level. Since I'm guessing most people had a toon that was 115/99.9% xp and dinged almost right away with the new expansion, could that have screwed up the way agent recovery works?
    Jmag, Frothel, JWedg and 1 other person like this.
  10. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Same problem here, also on Povar.
  11. Mukkul Augur

No, I'm not 115 yet and getting the same bug in Overseer since Dec 7 patch.
    Frothel and JWedg like this.
  12. JWedg New Member

Same problem. Agents become incapacitated but are not recoverable. Still broken Cannot use OS at all now.
    Jenchanter
    Frothel likes this.
  13. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I have resorted to not using Elite agents if there are others available until this is fixed. Which really needs to be done soon, as I have already been prevented from doing rare and elite tasks. Lowers the success percentage, but, I don't know what else to do in the meantime.
    Jmag and Frothel like this.
  14. Droc New Member

I made this exact post earlier this week. A dev even referred to it in someone else's new thread on this subject. My thread has been moved from "bugs" to "resolved".....no clue why DB feels it has been resolved as I am still having the same issues as all of you. Hope it gets fixed soon as it has significantly hindered the playability of the Overseer game.
    Regina_Cazic, Khazi and Jmag like this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Do you own the expansion?
    Jmag and Frothel like this.
  16. Iuwene Augur

The bug happens for me on both accounts with and without ToL purchased.
    Jmag, Frothel and Velisaris_MS like this.
  17. Jmag Journeyman

Still unresolved. My toons would be 1 level higher if they had fixed this when first noted. I'm furious!!
    Frothel likes this.
  18. BoldarBlood New Member

Hopefully fixed soon!
  19. Jmag Journeyman

Still unresolved.
    Regina_Cazic likes this.
  20. tanith Augur

Coincidentally or not, this started happening at the same time the 'number of quests completed' figure in the stats tab went haywire. I had almost 6k quests done on each of 3 accounts. Now each is showing under 100. That number has been reduced several times since - ie I will get up to 40 quests then it will be zeroed again.
    I don't care about the tally, just that a variety of things are clearly broken