ToL Mission Write-up + Mechanics

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poem, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Poem New Member

Here is a Google Doc our team wrote up with a guide, mechanics, and suggestions for the missions. Broken down and easy to read with class perspectives, and advice. Thanks to the OGC team on Phinigel for making the write-ups.

Good Luck!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tyKpd4SYbqamL-BJzrvSuyjgQM/edit#gid=397020777

Edit: I posted this separately as the other post had some missed mechanics, and I wanted to share some more detailed information. Qimble your post is amazing! This is just an informational post, and not intended to steal attention. Don't roast me please. <3
    Zaray, Fenthen, Qwalla and 1 other person like this.
  2. eqgamer Augur

Thanks for taking the time to write those up.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

Thanks for the writeup :)
  4. Teag New Member

Cheers! Is the mission giver for Shei the worrisome shade as well? Or a different npc? Thanks!
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

It is the worrisome shade.
  6. Alnitak Augur

Some Shei Vinitras mission info:
    Shei Vinitras has about 320 million HP and some notable HP regen, and some high AC and resists. Hits up-to 75K per hit, not a pushover.
    Healer adds vere completely ignored and they had no effect on the fight.
    Alien "brown" adds are very very nasty. First spawns at about 30 seconds mark and charges the group. In 30 seconds another will respawn if first is dispatched. These adds did not attack the tank, but rather somebody else in the group, I don't know if it was a first proximity aggro or there is some mission mechanics (like do not attack top aggro target etc.)
    They need to be CC's immediately, their dps is insane - higher than Zlandicar's (quad up-to 135K and go boom for 258K AE, which was never resisted)
    And they are not on extended target list until they are at the group and start attacking, so they are not easy to target in advance.
    In several attempts, first group death happened at about 42-45 seconds mark, usually by the add.
    Several times in a row the group was whiped after doing 210-215 mln damage in 40-50 seconds, so it's a new dps benchmark for the group - full burn at 8mln dps to kill Shei under 45 seconds.
    Or - bring a real plated tank, bring a real healer with cure, bring a CC master (stun,root,mezz) and bring good dps to overcome regen/heals.
    All Ngreth had to do - start spawning those nasty adds at 60-90 seconds mark, not at 30, and this would be a nice and doable mission like Zlandicar and the expansion would be enjoyable. As it is - it's just another "WTB TA, pst" kinda deal.
  7. Szilent Augur

those are not timed.
    Ozon likes this.
  8. Gorg00 Augur

Those adds are incredibly easy to deal with, if you're doing them correctly they should do 0 damage to the group.

They are up for 10-15s before they attack, and if you root/snare/mez (maybe stun too?) them, they immediately die. They have a set name and an emote happens every time they spawn.
    Winnowyl, Shindius and Ozon like this.
  9. Alnitak Augur

What is the emote text (for GINA trigger), and what is the mob's name for /target macro ?
    And wouldn't that be a useful info for a write-up ? (rhetorical question)
  10. DeadRagarr Augur

Heads up for Obliette mission - I had TERRIBLE pathing issues in this fight. I would move to the side area's <Side pathside not the rooms> and I had fade literally turn around run himself into a wall - port back to spawn and summon the group into the AoE 0_0
  11. Szilent Augur

[Wed Dec 08 12:50:33 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    [Wed Dec 08 12:50:38 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim grunts in pain and glares at SomeoneWhoJustBanedItToDeath
    Shindius likes this.
  12. Laronk Augur

Writeups early on in an expansion cycle are going to miss stuff, sometimes when you play someone in your group just handles some stuff and you might not even know it happened.
    Winnowyl and Shindius like this.
  13. Alnitak Augur

Okie, I did those some more:
    "Datiar xi tavuelim" - the dps add - pops at 75% of Shei's health (85 milion damage on it), and seconds one pops at 50% of Shei's health (170 million damage) quite consistently.
    I presume, that the third Datiar will pop at 25% (255 million damage on Shei)
    I am positive, the first two spawn (and I presume the third as well) are percentage based, perhaps there are also time-based spawns, because I saw a clip or two when more than 4 adds spawned, but those fights lasted significantly longer (several minutes), while I did full burn and got whiped under 1 minute at 210-220 damage dealt.
    Now, I got a bard I plan to use for the mezz and wanna do a macro for the Datiar mezz, does anybody have any idea what is the mob name to use for /target command ?
    "/target Datiar" , "/target A_Datiar" , "/target #a_datiar", "/target #00_a_datiar" or what else ?
    Shindius and Laronk like this.
  14. Tevik Augur

The spawn percentage is not a constant change as you are thinking. They start showing up at increasingly smaller intervals as the fight goes on.
  15. Alnitak Augur

Ok, did the mission today in a different group

Here is what Ngreth posted on Nov 16th:
    And now we got this:
    [Fri Dec 10 21:17:38 2021] Shei Vinitras says, 'I didn't know Slime could speak common. Go back to the sewer before I lose my temper.'
    [Fri Dec 10 21:17:39 2021] GroupTank says, 'We will prove it'
    Fight STARTED

First add in 23 seconds, 85 mil damage to Shei, it shows 75% health
    [Fri Dec 10 21:18:02 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    Second Add in 25 seconds, 94 mil damage to Shei, it shows 50% health
    [Fri Dec 10 21:18:27 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    And then all hell breaks lose with adds:
    15 seconds
    [Fri Dec 10 21:18:42 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    10 seconds
    [Fri Dec 10 21:18:52 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    5 seconds
    [Fri Dec 10 21:18:57 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    10 seconds
    [Fri Dec 10 21:19:07 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    20 seconds
    [Fri Dec 10 21:19:27 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    10 seconds
    [Fri Dec 10 21:19:37 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    25 seconds
    [Fri Dec 10 21:20:02 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    15 seconds
    [Fri Dec 10 21:20:17 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    25 seconds
    [Fri Dec 10 21:20:42 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    20 seconds
    [Fri Dec 10 21:21:02 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.

Was it really intended to machine-gun us with adds? When did EQ turn into an arcade game?
    And as a note: our group had some dps roll-off after 1 min mark, so Shei %'s did not decrease that fast, the setup was not optimal, but we've won.
    And we did get 2-heal achievement (that's about 65 mil extra Shei's health)
    The whole fight lasted under 4 minutes.
  16. Qimble Augur

I will say for the last day or so I have notice more inconsistencies that remind me of script lag during raids, so it could just be that. But when you get to the lower %ages the adds will spawn more frequently as Tevik mentioned, also if you let Shei heal then the add spawns will happen again. It's not like other events where healing doesn't reset the %hp mechanics. The real frustrating bit for me on the inconsitent behavior is with Umber. Previously we had been seeing a 5-20 second delay between "clap" and the flux, today we've been seeing more like 15-40. Often leaving only 4-5 seconds between the flux firing and the next clap happening.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  17. Szilent Augur

that's not a bug. it's by design. if healing when you don't want him to is a prob, then you need to have a group member kill the datiar te xavuelim
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

On Oubilette of Light, we were fighting Fade, and when we would move to avoid the lights/shade aura he would start walking away then reset on us. Any clues on how to handle this?
  19. DeadRagarr Augur

Do you have anyone casting Blind? I have issues until a guide posted and mentioned rogues using blind makes the mobs go Bonkers.
  20. Sissruukk Rogue One

No, no one casting blind (I don't use ligament slice at all, and group makeup was 2 rogues (other rogue doesn't use ligament slice as well), 2 rangers, tank, and cleric). Fade would only start wandering off when we tried to move it due to the auras. He would wander back to his spawn point and then reset. We were trying to pull him west when the aura showed up. Should we go east instead, toward his spawn point?